Bones's Metaphors

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
His metaphors had me cracking all throughout the movie. If anyone has some please post here :)

"You don't rob a bank when a get-away car has a flat tire."

I liked what he said about escaping from Kronos with a busted warp drive. "It's like robbing a bank in a getaway car with a flat tire."

"You just sent that man down in a high-stakes poker game with no cards and told him to bluff."

I love how the constant metaphors were starting to annoy Kirk.

I love how the constant metaphors were starting to annoy Kirk.

"And enough with the metaphors! That's an order!" :funny:

It wasn't a metaphor, but his comment about delivering Gorn octuplets was pretty funny too.

Was it Bones or Scotty who said that jumping from ship to ship would be like jumping out of a moving car into a shot glass?

Was it Bones or Scotty who said that jumping from ship to ship would be like jumping out of a moving car into a shot glass?

Scotty, and Kirk then shrugs that off saying he's done that before.

I can't remember the Gorn line, do you?

It was when he was opening the torpedo with Carol Marcus. He said something like, "I once performed an emergency delivery on Gorn octuplets and those little bastards bite."

It was when he was opening the torpedo with Carol Marcus. He said something like, "I once performed an emergency delivery on Gorn octuplets and those little bastards bite."

lol, that is pretty funny. Thanks.

Metaphors aside, I think my favorite Bones line in the movie was when he said to Sulu, "Remind me never to piss you off."

Was that a reference to something?

He was talking about the first film's skydive scene but it comes off as if he is talking about his drinking habits or that he's literally done it before.

The Gorn comment was hilarious. Then I noticed I was the only one near me that was laughing because I knew what a Gorn was. I'm so lame.

:o

A coworker actually complained about the Gorn comment stating "They haven't went on the 5 year mission yet so they haven't encountered the gorn yet!"

I was like ....:dry:

Lol @ Bones, but the metaphors are an essential expository device in the Star Trek franchise, so I don't see Bones giving those up anytime soon.

A coworker actually complained about the Gorn comment stating "They haven't went on the 5 year mission yet so they haven't encountered the gorn yet!"

I was like ....:dry:

Yea.. in this universe they have encountered Gorn before the 5 year mission. Also Kirk and Spock and the crew encounter Gorn in the movie tie in game which I believe is canon. By the way avoid that game like a plague as it sucks really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"