Books of Doom- Part 5 of 6

TheSumOfGod

Avenger
Reaction score
Read it yesterday. Great as always, but I'm somewhat surprised that he hasn't killed the king and taken over Latveria already, because the next issue is the last issue, and he still has to get his mother out of hell and tangle with the FF for the first time, not to mention reveal who he's been talking to for this whole mini-series. Unless issue 6 is a double-sized issue, which I doubt. Any thoughts?

The story of how Doom rescued mommy takes place years after this origin and is far too complicated to get into for this one remaining issue.

Sardaukar said:
The story of how Doom rescued mommy takes place years after this origin and is far too complicated to get into for this one remaining issue.

Really? But they made her being in hell such a big part of the story that I fully expected Doom to free her before the end of the mini-series. The way I see it, A) they'll just mention Doom setting her free years later in a frame or two, with Doom saying something like: "And years later, I finally managed to set my mother's soul free from the demon's realm", or B) they're planning Books of Doom 2. ;)

TheSumOfGod said:
Really? But they made her being in hell such a big part of the story that I fully expected Doom to free her before the end of the mini-series. The way I see it, A) they'll just mention Doom setting her free years later in a frame or two, with Doom saying something like: "And years later, I finally managed to set my mother's soul free from the demon's realm", or B) they're planning Books of Doom 2. ;)

That's precisely what I believe they will do (a not b).

Such an awesome serie. Seeing Doom at then end with his army, claiming that victory will be his, that's priceless (actually, it's 2.99$, heh).

And I especially like that when Doom says he will win, there is absolutely no doubt. And that he could have taken the throne in one day, but choose the longer path so that his country would see him as their savior.

The last page is beautiful. Can't wait for next issue. Hope there's more Doom mini coming out in the near future. He's easily the best marvel character out there. :D

Very pleased with this mini-series. I'll be sorry to see it end.

As my sig clearly indicates, I absolutely LOVE Doctor Doom. If, or rather when, they re-start the FF movie franchise, I want Christian Bale to play Doom. BALE DAMMIT! ;)

Anyone know if they're going to do a TPB for this. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

--thebeast

^Probably, I don't see why not. It's one of their best mini-series in a hell of a long time.

sanitized.jpg

gerbstat said:
Love it, love it, love it love it, love it love it.

I don't quite get what you're saying... Do you like this book? ;)

6th and final part, the 26th (in principle).

TheSaintofKillers said:
Wahhhh!!!!!
Why ??? That's so goddamn far away... brrrrrrr.

Damn them all....

Doom is gonna kick their ass. :o :doom: :doom: :doom:

TheSaintofKillers said:
If only... If only...

New boss of Marvel Comics: Victor Von Doom.

First order of the day: Kill off Richards. RICHARDS!!!

Second order of the day: Head over to Fox studios, begin bombing, send in doombots, plant Latverian flag, RE-START FF movie franchise with big-screen adaptation of "Books of Doom". :D :doom:

TheSumOfGod said:
New boss of Marvel Comics: Victor Von Doom.

First order of the day: Kill off Richards. RICHARDS!!!

Second order of the day: Head over to Fox studios, begin bombing, send in doombots, plant Latverian flag, RE-START FF movie franchise with big-screen adaptation of "Books of Doom". :D :doom:

I won't even dare to imagine what he would do with Story and Julian, heh.

TheSumOfGod said:
Impalement. :o

I've got my own favorite way. Ever heard of the torture technique were you put an iron tube in the guy's ass, connect one side to his ass and the other one to a cage full of rats ? You then burn the cage. :)

What happens next ? The rats go crazy and run amok in the other direction. I'll let you imagine what happens next and what the rats devore to survive.

I still can't believe that we're gonna have to wait until May 31st for part 6. :o

I've really enjoyed the series, also. It would be great to see them do a second one. Any idea how well its been doing in sales?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"