Superman Returns Bottom line: Would a Supervillain have generated more interest?

Stewie Griffin said:
$255,427,000 Worldwide...anything would have help....anything.
Meh, I don't need box office to justify my opinion on a movie. I use things like plot, acting.. you know, important stuff.

bugs-bunny-4.jpg
Eeerrrr....

I love x1 and x2 in which singer did have our heros fight supervillains so to that i say hell yeah it'd have been awesome. imagine wolverine never using those claws to stab someone. ((WHAT???)) no he has to stab someone. he's badass like that. singer delivered. Look at the spider-man 3 trailers for goodness sake. That's what people expect today. unfortunately for returns it was shackled down to the past with another weak real-estate scam more crazy than the first one. People deserve something SUPER and maybe lacking that along with the quality of the film, its story, just didn't work for some out there. After matrix revolutions even superman 2,3,4, it, heh, it is kind of lame to go back to the old real estate scam... i see it clearly now why some would feel let down. Even captain hook gained flying powers in peter pan from 2003. Lex has a dog.

Anyway, I don't think it's only one factor, the movie drags too (maybe tighten it up), but yes a supervillain to fight probably would have helped fill some extra seats.

Yes, they could have gone in a MILLION other directions w/o all the sappy, boo-hooity stuff!

it would've helped but the movie would have still been directed by Singer which means still a botch up would have occured. I need Spielberg to do This character. him and Cameron would be the only two i can think of who handle BIG budget very well. Titanic was waaaaay more entertaining than Superman and that's sad. so was war of the worlds.

Yes it would have helped the Box Office,As mentioned earlier i wouldn't have made him a sole villain that seems unstoppable but i would have used Metallo as Le'x henchman

Jakomus said:
Meh, I don't need box office to justify my opinion on a movie. I use things like plot, acting.. you know, important stuff.

that's shaky ground right there

hunter rider said:
that's shaky ground right there

Very shaky actually... and as dumb as wanting someone to pay for a piece of a new continent that's dark and cannot be occupied by humans. And let's not forget that the kryptonite radiation affects humans on the long term...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"