Superman Returns Would this movie have been better, without the KID

thechubbysaint said:
There are SOOO many new things the Superman movies haven't tried yet, like another villain from the comics aside from Lex. Another thing they could show is Clark winning Lois' heart away from Superman. That wasn't done in the Donner movies. Basically, your argument is a lame justification for Singer's peeing on the comic books.

Rock On! :up: :up:

thechubbysaint said:
There are SOOO many new things the Superman movies haven't tried yet, like another villain from the comics aside from Lex. Another thing they could show is Clark winning Lois' heart away from Superman. That wasn't done in the Donner movies. Basically, your argument is a lame justification for Singer's peeing on the comic books.
A different villian will most likely be set up in SR for the sequel(S) Lex is Superman's arch enemy..it makes sense to have him be who Superman faces in SR.

Perhaps it does, but that isn't the point though. Lex could have been a bridge to some new villain. Still a better avenue than a cheesy handcuff like a kid.

thechubbysaint said:

In my novel, which debuts thursday in the community board, Clark actually does win the heart of Lois.

There are so many original things that could have been done with this movie in a true blue way, but they went with a cheesy kid idea. How creative :down

From what I have seen of Jason and heard about him and read in the novel...I think he is going to be a great addition to the Superman mythos not cheesy at all besides change is good.

My point is, good change could have been made without the addition of a kid!!!

venom420 said:
My point is, good change could have been made without the addition of a kid!!!
And Jason could be a good change.....I am looking forward to seeing how they deal with him in the sequel(S)...also in SR since I haven't seen it yet.....two more hours!!!!!!!:eek: :supes:

venom71 said:
What? Jason being Superman's son? No that was Singer and his co writer's idea.....they wanted Superman to have something besides Kryptonite to be an obstacle for him.

haha how about adding a another villain. Just a thought.

Damn i would at least thought singer and his writers would at least named him conner. I don't know thats my take on it.

Wesyeed said:
The Kid can help superman... be his super-sidekick fellas. Come on. shine lights on dark corners so you can see the whole picture.
And the kid is a new obstacle.
010_SuperVillain1.jpg

Haha, thats awesome

would this movie have been better without the kid? maybe.

would superman the movie have been better without the 'world/time reversal' scene? would batman and robin have been better without the nipples? would spider-man 2 have been better if doc ock were actually evil, instead of just an ai puppet? all maybes.

hindsight is 20/20.

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment...but I will ask...what movie isn't better without a kid?

I absolutely loved the last scene with the kid and Superman, it was great, I am very pleased with the way they did it.

I just saw SR. All I can say is God damn!!!! What the hell are people thinking. If it makes over 250 million I'll be shocked!!!!!

Parker Posey had the best performance IMO. Routh is a good superman but he wasn't used right. It was too much homage to the first film. The pacing of this film was off & the thing with the kid is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate WB even more now!!!!!!! I knew when they let Singer mess with John Williams original score this movie would be off.

Kid didnt ruin anything, you guys pick too much. Granted I didnt really dig the whole thing with the kid, but it wasnt like he was annoyin like all the kid characters in popcorn flicks. Gimme a Break, your going to ***** about the kid, and say that it ruined the film?...you have bad taste

You notice that stale TV shows always jump the shark when they either marry off signficant characters OR introduce a kid into the plot? There's an official name for it, it's called Cousin Oliver Syndrome.

Superman Returns jumped the shark.

thechubbysaint said:
Perhaps it does, but that isn't the point though. Lex could have been a bridge to some new villain. Still a better avenue than a cheesy handcuff like a kid.
he kind of is, isnt new Krypton still out there? lord knows what else could be growing or waking up on that thing

Spare-Flair said:
You notice that stale TV shows always jump the shark when they either marry off signficant characters OR introduce a kid into the plot? There's an official name for it, it's called Cousin Oliver Syndrome.

yup, and we love SR for it. Go Singer!!

It would have been funny if the kid was wearing Spider-man pajamas when Supes visits him at the end.

I loved the kid. But I guess it's a fatherly thing that really gets your guts in a knot when
Superman talks to Jason while he's asleep.
It's territory that is COMPLETELY unexplored and they did a wonderful job.

The kid was crucial to the story they were telling, simple as that and it worked to amazing artistic effect. :up:

Spare-Flair said:

Last I check, SR isn't a tv show so you can't compare SR to a tv show whose rating plummet because of adding a kid. :p

And I don't have a problem with the kid anymore. The ending with him & the kid was really touching. I never seen that emotional part of Superman at the end before in a Superman movie, that I'm somewhat glad they add the kid. I think some of you guys who hate the kid are just nitpicking too much & not thinking on the story enough. And some of you who hate the kids or think he should die, I pity if you ever want to be a father. You may as well get vascatoemry(sp?) then. :yellow: :joker:

The kid was a good addition. It added something to the story we havne't seen before, and I like that.

I really doubt we'll ever see him as a sidekick to Superman. The kid was able to use his powers once, and the rest of the time he was weak as hell. He's only half Kryptonian, so I'm sure the mxing of the DNA is what makes him so fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"