Bought/Thought April 19th

Ever buy a comic just for the cover? I got the last issue of Savage Dragon this week....I just loved how they made the comic cover look so old and tattered.

71810716120.124.GIF

Sensational Spider-man was cool as was Dead girl.

Not only that, but they patterned it after a MARVEL comic. Looked at that too. Best part is, yer issue could really look like that and you could play it off and up it's condition on an unwitting buyer!

I loved New Avengers, hated how they bolded the names of famous mutants.

THANOSRULES said:
yeah Dread...

I am worried that Angelina Jolie is going to show up again , pop Mikey with an anuerism and game over again.

I really dont like that character.

Daisy is her name and yes she's lame. Daisy is the daughter (get this crap!) of Mr.Hyde one of DareDevil's old villians and yet Bendis has not made use of this little bit of info.

THANOSRULES said:
yeah Dread...

I am worried that Angelina Jolie is going to show up again , pop Mikey with an anuerism and game over again.

I really dont like that character.
Her powers are cool and she is efficient with them, but I agree that she's not my favorite heroine, although I'd rather her on the team than Ronin, if only because the team has enough "street fighters". Good call; I could SO see Daisy just coming in and saving the day. Hopefully Bendis can learn some new tricks.

^ Not gonna happen with the new tricks when his same crap sales so well.

Just look at USM.

deemar325 said:
^ Not gonna happen with the new tricks when his same crap sales so well.

Just look at USM.
Actually, I've been enjoying the recent DEADPOOL arc of USM.

Justice- I don't care what any DC fanboy says, this is ten times better than Infinite Crisis. Amazing artwork, as always, a very creepy storyline and enough silver age flair for any DC fan. Just really, really cool. Plus, you don't need to have read the last 20 years of stories to understand it, which is also a plus. 9/10

***I agree whole heartedly.***

New Avengers- This arc is continuing nicely. Great action and some good character moments help, of course. Spidey's quips were great, and the interaction between Carol and Logan was great, too. Loved the spread of the powerless mutants, the Vision's role, the Sentry fight... all good stuff. 9/10

***It was great seeing Sentry do anything significant for a change.***

The_Mystery said:
Frank Cho is, in my opinion, was the second best artist on New Avengers since it's begun. McNiven being number one of course.

I agree. As for the complaints about the lack of team work with these New Avengers, just remember at the time of the confrontation with the collective, the team had only been together two weeks.

32CAGE said:
I agree. As for the complaints about the lack of team work with these New Avengers, just remember at the time of the confrontation with the collective, the team had only been together two weeks.

Seems like a crappy excuse to me.

My massive Bought/Thought. All this and I STILL missed Nightwing and Friendly. Dang it. Hope they still got copies next week.

BOUGHT:
American Virgin 2
Annihilation Nova 1
Annihilation Super Skrull 1
Avengers & Power Pack Assemble 1
Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 203
Birds of Prey 93
Bite Club Vampire Crime Unit 1
Cable Deadpool 27
Captain America 17
Crisis Aftermath: Battle for Bludhaven 1
Daredevil 84
DMZ 6
Exiles 79
Fantastic Four First Family 2
Fury Peacemaker 3
Iron Man 7
Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four 11
Marvel Spotlight Daniel Way/Olivier Copiel
Marvel Romance Redux Restraining Orders
Ms Marvel 2
New Avengers 18
New Mangaverse 4
New X-Men 25
Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E. 4
Red Sonja 9
Sable & Fortune 4
Sensational Spider-Man 25
Sentinel Squad One 4
Son of M 5
Spider-Woman Origin 5
Squadron Supreme 2
Superman 651 (2nd Print)
Thunderbolts 101
Ultimate Extinction 4
Ultimate Spider-Man 93
Uncanny X-Men 472
Wolverine Origins 1
X-Men 185
X-Men The 198 #4
X-Statix Presents Dead girl 4

THOUGHT:
American Virgin 2 - I really dunno what to make of this book. It is very, very strange. Well, with two issues to go I guess I'll pick them up just to see where the story's going.

Annihilation Nova 1 - Nova's the last of his people, and as a result their supercomputer had DLed the full Nova Force into him! Plus, Drax! Not a bad start. Wonder if Nova's gonna keep the new look past this event or if he's gonna go back to the classics at the end. It's definitely better than the one they gave him for the Warriors vol. 2.

Annihilation Super Skrull 1 - So the Super Skrull pissed off his own empire and now needs Reed Richards' help to recruit his own army to fight with. Gonna be interesting to see how all these events come together into one cataclysmic event.

Avengers & Power Pack Assemble 1 - Miss Taskmaster since his last mini? Well, he's here and still decked out in his new duds. Not a bad issue considering the cute all-ages motif. Makes me think I should make an effort to read those X-Men ones.

Batman Legends of the Dark Knight 203 - The Ripper is...Mr. Freeze! With the cold motif throughout the story, you had to be really dumb not to see that coming. But, it was still a good mystery and the story had a touching end.

Birds of Prey 93 - More training and more about the crime doc. Turning out to be an interesting story. Can't wait till these year later titles start explaining what just happened over said year.

Cable Deadpool 27 - So we learn why Cable wants Apocalypse back and now the former Wild Pack's gonna be gunning for them both. I never thought this series would go the distance, but somehow they manage to find the steam to keep on chugging. Kudos.

Captain America 17 - The Secret of the town revealed! A tie in to the Special! And more things to keep you around for more. Probably the best Cap's been since vol. 3.

Daredevil 84 - Bullseye. Kingpin. Now the Punisher? Is it next month yet?

DMZ 6 - The war heats up as summer brings a heatwave and a drought, plus now Matty's playing messenger for soldier radicals. Tell ya, if ever there was a book AGAINST NYC tourism, this'd be it.

Exiles 79 - Future Imperfect, baby! Proteus Hulk vs. the Maestro, and the Exiles caught in the middle! Another good issue. While they may not be spending a lot of time focusing on these alternate realities for the fans of these stories, the issues haven't suffered for it. It's just uber cool to see the familiar faces and places and the Exiles having to deal with them. Can't wait for Heroes Reborn.

Fury Peacemaker 3 - This issue flowed a bit better than the others, but moments are still confusing and the story really isn't all that catching. I've seen better Fury war stories in the past, even without the MK brand on them.

Ms Marvel 2 - An all-out action issue against...the Brood! The pacing for this isn't too far from perfect. Still a little drawn out but overall I'm digging the new Ms. Marvel. Although, I dunno why everyone likes the name so much. Warbird sounds way cooler and is more appropriate for a former Air Force pilot turned super powerful heroine.

New Avengers 18 - The Avengers find out who and what Michael is while they try to launch a counter offensive. Finally, the WHOLE team assembles in a single issue. (Do we count Ronin?) And at least they're finally fighting a threat worthy of the Avengers. No more b-list villains and ninjas. Now, let's see how long that lasts.

New Mangaverse 4 - An all-out battle, the villain revealed, and a new new Avengers? Interesting.

New X-Men 25 - The plot thickens as we find out Stryker's crusade has been sparked by...NIMROD! Plus, a traitor in the ranks? Also, the death of Wallflower! Next issue should be fun! My only thing is, I coulda sworn Stryker gave up his holy war back in X-Treme X-Men. I hope they address that arc and explain this second 180 he's pulled. Unless I misread something before, which is possible.

Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E. 4 - Yeah, okay, I'm done bothering with this book. It's trash. Not funny, not interesting, and the butchering of a lot of good characters. But of course this thing will get a HUGE cult following like X-Statix did. Trash.

Sentinel Squad One 4 - While nothing spectacular, it is a good book with good art. And of course, what's a Marvel book lately without one traitor in their ranks? Seriously, look at all the recent books where you've had one person against friends or a team. It's getting so you just can't trust anyone in the MU no more.

Son of M 5 - The mists turn desperate mutants into power junkies. There's a twist for ya. Gonna love to see how this wraps up, one of the better HoM resulting minis to come out.

Spider-Woman Origin 5 - Not bad. Bendis did a nice job putting all the pieces together. We'll see how Drew does in her own series next year and hope they can keep up the hype they're drawing around her. Although, all these new female books I doubt will have the longevity that Spider-Girl, their bastard child book, had.

Superman 651 (2nd Print) - So Clark rejects the notion of playing hero again and Lex hordes a stockpile of Kyrptonite. Gotta wonder what he's up to with Supes out of the picture for a year now. I tell ya, 52 can't come out fast enough to get me caught up on all this stuff.

Thunderbolts 101 - A set-up fro the next arc and an explanation for the sudden Songbird/Zemo alliance. While not much happens in the issue, we do get a lot of questions which will keep people around who want answers, like what exactly ARE Zemo's motives? Also sorry, Nighthawk fans...looks like his membership was temporary.

Ultimate Extinction 4 - Well, Ultimate Gah-lak-tus is definitely turning out to be much different from his 616 counterpart. I'm just hoping after 4 issues of set-up we don't get ripped on the payoff.

Ultimate Spider-Man 93 - Deadpool comes off like he has more of his faculties than 616's. Not too bad, the issue at least is full of action instead of dialogue for a change. And at least Bendis finally changed things up and had Spidey loose a boot INSTEAD of his mask. For once.

Wolverine Origins 1 - The first issue sets us up on the beginning of Wolvie's path with the return of Shiva! Lotta people complain about not much happening in this, but like any good mystery you need to set up the players and the situations before you can dig into the meat of the thing. So, I can wait to see what develops. Not thrilled with the art, though. Dillon's fine on Punisher, but with those awesome covers we need a better artist to compliment them.

X-Men The 198 #4 - Meh. Hasn't really been catching my interest. Let's see how it all wraps up then I'll comment.

Under $100, but you hafta remember my shop was closed last week so that's 2 weeks worth there.

I was just thinking that back in 1990 you could get a comic for $1. 5 years before that it was about 90 cents. Damn you inflation.

Yeah, nowadays you can only get between 20-22 comics fer $50.

Lackey said:
CBR compared it to 'Prison Break' :)
But Prison Break sucks. :( It's more like Oz but without the sodomy.

Damn, DD needs sodomy. :(

The_Mystery said:
I was just thinking that back in 1990 you could get a comic for $1. 5 years before that it was about 90 cents. Damn you inflation.

I've come to accept the price of comics in general after seeing the amount of work that goes into them in our day and age.

FYI, Cho and McNiven were the best artists on New Avengers so far, IMO.

Dread said:
FYI, Cho and McNiven were the best artists on New Avengers so far, IMO.

Skipped the Cho issues so I can't comment on that.But yes,the Sentry arc was highly entertaining and very nice to look at.I'm liking Deodato's art in the current story as well.

Why does McNiven always have to blow up Conneticut?First he has a portion of it demolished in the battle with the Void and now in CW he levels an entire city.

GNR4Life said:
Skipped the Cho issues so I can't comment on that.But yes,the Sentry arc was highly entertaining and very nice to look at.I'm liking Deodato's art in the current story as well.

Why does McNiven always have to blow up Conneticut?First he has a portion of it demolished in the battle with the Void and now in CW he levels an entire city.

Yeah, I don't know what Marvel seems to have against CT now. That's my home state and I don't appreciate it being decimated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"