Bought/Thought April 19th

I just read the first three Brubaker/Lark issues of Daredevil and I feel like I just watched a really good TV show. Better than 24.

Oh yeah and I don't mind the last issue of New Avengers. At least they fought someone...sorta. Not a big fan of Deodato's artwork. He does scenes with ordinary people very well, but his superheroes are slightly inconsistant and OVERLY muscular. Almost like a MAD magazine's parody. I wish McNiven or John Romita would have done this arc. Put Deodato on a more street-level book.

I'm surprised to hear so much distaste for Deodato, frankly. I much prefer him over Finch and Cho.

Frank Cho is, in my opinion, was the second best artist on New Avengers since it's begun. McNiven being number one of course.

The_Mystery said:
I just read the first three Brubaker/Lark issues of Daredevil and I feel like I just watched a really good TV show. Better than 24.

CBR compared it to 'Prison Break' :)

BrianWilly said:
I'm surprised to hear so much distaste for Deodato, frankly. I much prefer him over Finch and Cho.

I really think it's down to his inker.

Deodato's straight pencils always look awesome but seem to lose a lot in the inking process IMO.

Good comparison, kinda like Prison Break crossed with Batman Begins.

gildea said:
I really think it's down to his inker.

Deodato's straight pencils always look awesome but seem to lose a lot in the inking process IMO.

I agree.

Phaedrus45 said:
Sentinel Squad O*N*E* #4: As I've said before, this is one of the worst of the Decimation titles. I read it, and I really can care less about any of the characters. The battle with Brainchild really ended very lamely (Brainchild gets bonked in the head by a woman, passes out, and other Sentinel Squad members come to the rescue), and I was really unhappy that they didn't take the opportunity to just end this title with issue #4. 3/10

I'm only reading it to see what War Machine's up tp these days.

I bought Iron Man as well. Tony's going bat **** crazy, and I'm loving it.

I think it's Iron Man that's killing all the people.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Wolverine Origins #1

I really do not know why I got this book, I just liked Tuner's variant cover alot....:O

It was ok, nothing special. He has his memories back, yet we learn nothing new. He tricks SHIELD and the Whitehouse, and goes after some official for answers. :confused:
I'll give it another shot, I want to like Wolverine, it is just the man is in so many titles....

I don't get my mags till the end of the month :(...so bear with me?....is this title happening in current day 616 MU?....cause I was under the impression it's set back a few years/

All I got was Nova this week. And 117 of nightwing, but thats not new.

Nova wasn't that bad, wasn't that good either. In fact, the whole Annihilation has kinda been a downer so far. We'll see how the next issues go.

Well, it shows some guy using a computer program to make the kills. Iron Man is basically a giant computer now.

you're telling me some genius computer hacker couldn't figure out how to hack into him?

Unleashed said:
I think it's Iron Man that's killing all the people.

Not the Iron Man we know, it's someone else in the armor.

IRON MAN #10
Written by DANIEL AND CHARLES KNAUF
Penciled by PATRICK ZIRCHER
Cover by ADI GRANOV
“EXECUTE PROGRAM”
A secret government star-chamber led by Nick Fury concludes that Iron Man has gone rogue, and Tony Stark must take drastic measures to clear his name. But that’s not on the deadly agenda of a mysterious hooded assassin, who continues his brutal program of execution. World peace hangs in the balance as all bad place breaks loose in the Iraqi desert. But just who is the man behind the iron mask? The answer will blow you away! Part 4 (of 6).
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

#10 ish for Iron Man has a badass cover with Tony fighting Sentry by Adi Granov.I asked Adi over at Jinxworld if this was just a "for show" cover,but he stated that Sentry and Iron Man actually fight.

THANOSRULES said:
On Nova..

good to hear this book is good. i went today to buy it and it was sold out at my comics store. :( I hope Marvel doesnt overdo the "immenant insanity" thing...seeing as how this was so recentley done with Captain marvel, and probably isolated him from fans and doomed his comic days. If anything its probably plausible incentive to spread the power out over the long run. In other words, to rebuild the corps.
I agree, I hope that aspect isn't overplayed, but kept a little more subtle. Still, Nova's emotional outburst of rage against the Annihilation Rage was very dramatic.
On New Avengers..

I've been rough on this book myself, and what we get here is not perfect, but much more in line with the kind of threat and story I'd like to see. I had no problem with Spidey's banter , Bendis gives him some of the best material IMO , his lines in New Avengers and Secret War have had me in stiches.

Is Micheal a bit generic? Sure...But so much about him is cool. First, he is megalo powerful. Secondly, he represents a nice opportunity for the aftermath House of M to become a little clearer. Thirdley, due to his power, follow up storys and questions abound..If the New Avengers defeat him, do all the people listed as comprising his powers get their powers back? Will he lead to any new Clues about Wanda etc..? We need to give this story some time to develop. (jeez not surprising with NA)

If I do have one complaint, its that the New Avengers once again dont impress me as a team. We have Ms.Marvel acting on her own the issue before, then we see Iron Man attempting a stupid move on his own, then once again-the Sentry comes in on his own. It felt like I was back in 8th grade watching somone play street fighter II..and Michael was the guy who always played Chun Li and couldnt be beat. Cap just doesnt have a grasp of how too coordinate these people. Its called teamwork folks, and so far its poor.

Thats about my thoughts on the issue...:up:
I agree on the lack of teamwork; even if most of the team are made of new members, can't Cap and Iron Man at least have run them on some drills off-panel? Or at least manage to keep some sort of tandum with "old" Avengers like themselves and Ms. Marvel? All three acted more like pros in, say, Busiek's run.

I still feel "Micheal", despite his awesome, impressive mega-power, is a walking plot device like Doomsday, and is thus boring. The other people is that he is OBVIOUSLY too powerful for the New Avengers to stop, so I wondering how this story will conclude. A poor ending could really hurt it, and that would be a shame.

Options:

1). Bendis Approach A: Some moder character shows up out of nowhere, solves the situation with no effort, and explains the whole thing to our heroes and makes them look like guitars. This is pretty much how DISASSEMBLED and SECRET WAR ended.

2). Bendis Approach B: The heroes talk "Micheal" down, or away, which if done poorly could seem even more anti-climatic than the end of DANGER. But if done well could work. Dialogue can be Bendis' strength at times.

3). The Wild Card: The Heroes manage to cobble together some tactic/machine/whatever to contain or defeat "Micheal". Done poorly, this is a "magic bullet", typical of many poor Hollywood monster movies. Done properly, though, and it is a staple of entertaining superhero fiction. Bendis isn't known for it, because he feels we're too good for that sort of thing, but you never know.

But, I agree that it is good that the New Avengers are fighting a real threat for once. Just a shame he's a lifeless drone. Maybe if that energy had went into a C-Lister villian, sort of like how Busiek powered-up Grim Reaper, it could have been more thrilling.

And BrianWilly makes a great point about showing the utter non-important of DECIMATION when out of that whole roster of depowered mutants, only a handful are B-List are better (and Xavier & Magneto are consistantly killed/imprisoned/written out in X-Lore).

Still, at least the Collective is an incredibly powerful foe who, while a plot device, could at least open up a DECENT plot.

SouLeSS said:
All I got was Nova this week. And 117 of nightwing, but thats not new.

Nova wasn't that bad, wasn't that good either. In fact, the whole Annihilation has kinda been a downer so far. We'll see how the next issues go.

well out of like 100 people Ive talked too your like the only one who thinks that:down

yeah Dread...

I am worried that Angelina Jolie is going to show up again , pop Mikey with an anuerism and game over again.

I really dont like that character.

my Forbidden Planet order didn't get delivered this morning (grrr) not a clue why, but hopefuly it'll come tomorrow... two weeks' worth of comics, trust me a day of extra waiting makes a difference!

anyway was just wondering, in the solits for New Avengers, it said that a 'new Marvel hero' would be introduced.... any word on that?

i'm Spider-Man said:
my Forbidden Planet order didn't get delivered this morning (grrr) not a clue why, but hopefuly it'll come tomorrow... two weeks' worth of comics, trust me a day of extra waiting makes a difference!

anyway was just wondering, in the solits for New Avengers, it said that a 'new Marvel hero' would be introduced.... any word on that?

Probably Angelina jolie character will become a full time hero or member of the avengers...

her power is to adopt kids from other countrys and knock people cold with her lips...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"