Bought/Thought for Oct. 27, 2010 - SPOILERS!!!

In Arsenal's defense, one of the people who died was his own little daughter.

Batman lost his family, and his adopted son (for a while), he never took drugs and fought with a dead cat. :p

I mean I get it, but...this is a SUPERHERO universe. In theory, resurrecting someone should literally be no more challenging than finding a specific vinyl record on eBay.

I mean I get it, but...this is a SUPERHERO universe. In theory, resurrecting someone should literally be no more challenging than finding a specific vinyl record on eBay.

That can be a LOT more difficult than you would think.... :o

That can be a LOT more difficult than you would think.... :o

But hardly impossible. In real life, dead is dead. In comic book fiction, death is usually an inconvenience and a resting period. You can be revived via noble sources or evil sources that seek to exploit. But it can be done, and is, often.

Hell, magic is MORE powerful in DC. A bunch of alien rings just revived a slew of random people. Resurrecting someone should be no more challenging than asking Zatanna and Dr. Fate to hold a seance. :p

This is one of my biggest beefs with Marvel, they try to mimic real life while forgetting that in their universe they have a character (Reed Richards) who has conquered TIME TRAVEL to the point where it's nothing to just jump into the past for a family vacation. The entire socio-economic and political landscape of the Marvel universe should be absolutely nothing like ours. I give points to Matt Fraction for finally doing something like that by having Tony use the repulsor tech as a fuel source.

This also goes for a lot of superhero universes.

But hardly impossible. In real life, dead is dead. In comic book fiction, death is usually an inconvenience and a resting period. You can be revived via noble sources or evil sources that seek to exploit. But it can be done, and is, often.

Hell, magic is MORE powerful in DC. A bunch of alien rings just revived a slew of random people. Resurrecting someone should be no more challenging than asking Zatanna and Dr. Fate to hold a seance. :p

I meant that it was far more difficult to buying an old album on eBay than one would imagine... at least, the kinds of records that I'm looking for...

:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"