Superman Returns Box Office Mojo User Poll for most anticipated summer film

Excel said:
you guys chill....pirates is the real number one and superman is 2. the difference is xmen has a huge online fanbase as does da vinci, while supermans audience desnt visit these kind of websites.
:confused:

But we're there right now? LOL :p

newmexneon said:
A lot of the mainstream public don't even know there is a superman movie being made. My mom just the other day said she saw the EW cover at the store and asked me about it. She wasn't even aware of a new Superman movie until then.
Six months ago, I would have agreed with the notion that most people didn't know how imminent a Superman film actually was, but at this point, you can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting a mainstream magazine cover somewhere and not see SR plastered all over it in some way. The film is two months away from release. If people don't know about it now, they never will.

Elijya said:
...The vast majority of the movie going public are NOT regular netheads, they're a different demographic. For the general public a Superman movie is probably alot more excessable than the third film in a trilogy that skews to a slightly older crowd. Superman is EASILY the #1 movie on that list that people are going to bring their kids to see, a factor which can up a films overall take by 50%
Well, I agree, in part. But remember, that poll is for most *anticipated* film, not what they think will do the best at the B.O.

Putting aside the type of individuals who typically vote at that site (B.O. and film junkies), there's two ways of looking at the results. It makes sense for X3 and POTC3 to be at the top of the list - they're full blown sequels to VERY popular, not to mention recent, films. But the flipside could be the same argument. Superman hasn't been seen in theaters for how long? One would think it would be highly anticipated, regardless of whose voting, but *especially* among film junkies.

It's amazing how wildly divergent opinions about this film have been, but something tells me it's not gonna fall somewhere in between. It's either gonna rock the house down, or it's gonna be a huge disappointment. Quite a wildcard indeed.

My predictions.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Mass appeal.
2. Superman Returns - I think Superman has the ability to overtake POTC2, but POTC is a proven money maker, and "might" have more appeal.
3. Cars - These movies make sick money.
4. Mission: Impossible III - Looks good, good reviews already.
5. X-Men: The Last Stand - Not as big an appeal as other movies, but will still do well.
6. The Da Vinci Code - Probably not for everyone but Hanks is a draw.
7. Poseidon - I think this is gonna drown.
8. Miami Vice - I'll bet this is an excellent movie, but won't do well. Mann rocks.
9. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - um...no, 1 was great, 2 was ok, this one looks like crap.
10. Snakes on a Plane - Cult appeal, but not a moneymaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"