Transformers Box Office Thread

If there's one reason as to why this movie is going to make tons of money, it's this: Kids. From what I've experienced, these little tykes just loved Transformers.

I see that Transformers came in #1 yesterday, and showings only started at 8!

Transformers was great i hope it beats Harry Potter.

I wouldn't go that far but I definitely hope it's a huge success. There's a small chance it could beat HP domestically but HP is gonna win worldwide over EVERYONE easily.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070704c.php
"Transformers" Nabs $30M First Day

The numbers are coming in and "Transformers" is set to do absolute gangbusters over the holiday.

According to Fantasy Moguls, the film has taken in just under $30 million in its first full day of business in the United States on Tuesday.

Take note that this does NOT include the $8.8 million the film earned on Monday evening preview screenings. Even so, that opening day figure is easily the all-time best Tuesday opening ever, and the fourth best opening day of 2007, trailing only the Spiderman-Shrek-Pirates trifecta ($59.8M, $38.4M & $42.9M respectively) in May.

Hopefully $30M opening on Tuesday doesn't mean a $10M Friday.

Anyone hear that?

It's the sound of every studio exec who passed on Transformers getting fired.

Transformers is going to be Paramounts biggest franchise in history outside of Indiana Jones. They hit the jack pot when they got Transformers.

Bring on GI Joe, Thundercats and He-man.

your sig combined of this forum made me think of a new quote b_f:

"3somes are the right of all sentient beings"

He-Man is already on its way....
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20609

I'll wait for the weekend has passed before we really see where Transformers is going. It started out with at great buzz with 100% at RT. Now it's down to 59% so that may stop the biggest flow of people. But I think this movie will get great word of mouth and will be at big hit :)

/\ That's only some internet reviewers, no offense- but personally, and I think like many others- I weigh and more or less only look at the 'cream of the crop' and ACTUAL critics still loved the film (it's still at 6.2/10 or 73% (don't know how that calculation makes sense though?)).

Plus with all of the audience applause at the end and EVERYONE saying that they loved the film- I can only see phenomenal word of mouth and legs developing due to that.

Time bring out the big guns for the sequel.

$h!tpiece and Goldbug.

Hopefully $30M opening on Tuesday doesn't mean a $10M Friday.

Hoefully not. Although i think as the week goes on, the B.O will depend on repeat viewings as most will have already seen it.

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS, I'M GONNA GO SEE IT AGAIN IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES WITH MY COUSINS, SO THAT'S FIVE MORE PEOPLE CONTRIBUTING TO THE TRANSFORMERS SEQUELS FUND!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

haha! nice!!! :woot:

Just needs a quick edit:

"3somes with beautiful women are the right of all sentient beings" :cwink:

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS, I'M GONNA GO SEE IT AGAIN IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES WITH MY COUSINS, SO THAT'S FIVE MORE PEOPLE CONTRIBUTING TO THE TRANSFORMERS SEQUELS FUND!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

8 more. Me,my wife and son are going now too.:D

ok I'm going to use your quote. :yay:

do you want credit? I'll put your name at the end:

3somes with beautiful women are the right of all sentient beings. - Poetic Chaos

Feel free and the credit would be nice.:yay:

and i just took mine down.

Pushing it aside just like that? Lmaol. :up:

POTC had a couple of movies to gain it's audience. Transformers is NEW.

So for a brand new franchise to get 67% of that is fcking amazing man.

Sequels are typically front loaded, new franchises typically start off and then continue with legs.

Yeah its pretty good, but you could say alot of people had seen Pirates already and were bored with the it as it wasn't anything new - that could be Transformers advantage, no ones ever seen anything like it in cinema.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070704c.php
"Transformers" Nabs $30M First Day

The numbers are coming in and "Transformers" is set to do absolute gangbusters over the holiday.

According to Fantasy Moguls, the film has taken in just under $30 million in its first full day of business in the United States on Tuesday.

Take note that this does NOT include the $8.8 million the film earned on Monday evening preview screenings. Even so, that opening day figure is easily the all-time best Tuesday opening ever, and the fourth best opening day of 2007, trailing only the Spiderman-Shrek-Pirates trifecta ($59.8M, $38.4M & $42.9M respectively) in May.

Sequel Time :woot: :trans:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"