Revenge of the Fallen Transformers ROTF: Combiners

Anubis Raptor

The Mighty Avenger.
Reaction score
As we all know, a great deal of the transformers will be combining in the sequel
(Jetfire/Optimus, Arcee, The twins, Constructicons, etc).
There will also be robots who can transform into more than just vehicles. For example,
Soundwave can convert into an alien aircraft, robot, and a satellite.
Many fans that I've talked to liked the idea of the robots combining together. But some disliked the fact that they can combine. I made this thread so that we can discuss this topic together as a fanbase. Personally, I think the combiners are awesome and I look forward to seeing them:trans::trans::trans:

OK...So...gestalts and triple changers have been a part of Transformers since G1. The idea was taken to a new level in Car Robots, or whatever they called it here in the U.S., with like Optimus and Ultra Magnus having interchangeable parts and different modes that they could form together, for example. This sin't anything new, and as a fan I would be pissed off if they hadn't introduced combiners.

I don't get it...first there wasn't enough Transformers' mythos and elements in the first one, and now the complaint is about elements that have been with the property since day one????

I think that the only real complaints about these new movie combiners has mostly centered on the following issues:

1. There might be combiners in the movie that are made up of "drone vehicles" that don't have 'bot forms and only exist to form a big gestalt robot.

2. Arcee might be a combiner. (Although I say she's more likely one of three motorcycle robots that form a combiner.)

3. The movie version of Devastator is squat, gorilla-like and butt-ugly (at least the toy is).

Other than those complaints, I don't think there's really any question about the appropriateness of combiners in the movie because of course combiners were always part of G1.

I'm just keen to see what kind of eye candy Bay comes up with when the Constructicons merge into Devastator. It would be cool if one or some of the characters actually refer to them as "gestalts".

I was indifferent about combiners back in the day and actually like this new Devastator.

A couple of problems for me though:
1.) I'd never heard of a Prime/Jetfire combo until it was mentioned as having been in a cartoon, so I'm not keen to see that. I'm holding out hope that this is disinformation.
2.) I have no desire to see Arcee, or any other products of the cartoon movie, combiner or not. She might be cool on screen though, so I'll reserve judgement there.

I am against it. Not necessary, My concern is this is going to turn into power rangers 2.0

You can have wicked cool robot battles without it, so to me it is just fluff.

I am against it. Not necessary, My concern is this is going to turn into power rangers 2.0

You can have wicked cool robot battles without it, so to me it is just fluff.

I can bet my bottom dollar that the combinations in this film will look far, FAR more complex than the Power Ranger's megazord. These are alien robots we're talking about here, lol!!!!

Since I love both combiners and triple changers as a TF fan and collector, I'm ecstatic to finally get to see some of them on the big screen. I hope in TF3, they will introduce the first Autobot combiner (Superion), as well as the first two triple changers (Blitzwing and Astrotrain). I'm sure they will make the GA's jaws drop if Bay can do them justice.

I have only become a fan of the series since the 2007 film, so I have no prior experience/perceptions of combiners. That being said, I am really excited by the idea for the film and I think it will really take it to a new level for the general public. Particularly Devastator. I think audiences who go in not knowing anything about him will be blown away. Figuratively and literally.

bring in mini-cons and then you can have a crap load of combiners, but mini-cons would ruin the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"