Bradley Cooper to direct Lady Gaga in "A Star is Born"

Fat suit? Bale is all fat. :o

Anymore reviews?

I've been seeing people compare her song I'll Never Love Again favorably to Whitney's version of I Will Always Love You.

Going to catch this over the weekend since all of my Letterboxd peeps are raving about it.

Now, now, play nice. People can dislike Lady Gaga and not be considered trolls.

What's funny is... I'm not in anyway a fan of Gaga. I don't like her music... But that's actually not the same thing as saying she has no talent. She has OODLES of talent, as a song writer and performer and as a mistress of public spectacle... I just don't happen to like what she produces with that talent but that's not the same as saying she's lacking in a voice or creative vision. This is a distinction most people can't seem to make online.

I think it's a case of people not liking an actor or singer but having to admit their product is good. Though a lot of people feel like they have to say their product is **** otherwise it negates their opinion.

On the movie, it was very well shot. Cooper has an eye for images and certain direction angles and it works. Dem eyes on Gaga tho. When she be staring at you, she be staring at you, lol.

I think it's a case of people not liking an actor or singer but having to admit their product is good. Though a lot of people feel like they have to say their product is **** otherwise it negates their opinion.

On the movie, it was very well shot. Cooper has an eye for images and certain direction angles and it works. Dem eyes on Gaga tho. When she be staring at you, she be staring at you, lol.

I loved the moment when
Cooper told his brother that he idolized him and you could see the tears in Sam Elliott's eyes as he backed up his truck. cool way to handle that moment in a non-cliché way

What's funny is... I'm not in anyway a fan of Gaga. I don't like her music... But that's actually not the same thing as saying she has no talent. She has OODLES of talent, as a song writer and performer and as a mistress of public spectacle... I just don't happen to like what she produces with that talent but that's not the same as saying she's lacking in a voice or creative vision. This is a distinction most people can't seem to make online.

You nailed it. There’s a difference between not like someone, and randomly someone calling talentless due to your dislike.

I thought the movie started off pretty awkward but as it went along it got better and better. The music scenes are probably the best part of the movie. It really feels like you are watching a rock concert.

I’m skipping the first weekend showing but I’m really looking forward to this.

Given all this hype, it wouldn’t really be that surprising if Cooper walks away with at least one Oscar. Imagine if he wins Best Actor AND Best Director at the same night. Clint Eastwood who? Kevin Costner who?

Come a long way from the guy starring in the ****ing Hangover movies.

I still have never seen him perform the Rocket Raccoon voice on camera. It would still be a shock to me.

Bale’s biggest roadblocks are he won already and you know he doesn’t give a f*** about campaigning. His character is also unlikeable.

Maybe it’s still too early but I’m fascinated with how Cooper seems to be more immune to the backlash others (see Hathaway and Redmayne) got for campaigning too much and being too “thirsty” for the gold.

Bale’s biggest roadblocks are he won already and you know he doesn’t give a f*** about campaigning. His character is also unlikeable.

Maybe it’s still too early but I’m fascinated with how Cooper seems to be more immune to the backlash others (see Hathaway and Redmayne) got for campaigning too much and being too “thirsty” for the gold.
Redmayne has zero charm and took the easiest route to Gold - playing a real person. Hathaway's antics were just cringeworthy and she did it with this 'oh poor me i couldn't eat!' attitude

Bale won for Supporting though

It was a great movie, Gaga did a great job . They also did a great job updating the story and loved seeing the drag queens, they got plenty of laughs from the small older audience I was with.

I've been seeing people compare her song I'll Never Love Again favorably to Whitney's version of I Will Always Love You.
I mentioned that to my girlfriend after we walked out... felt very Whitney.

It was a great movie, Gaga did a great job . They also did a great job updating the story and loved seeing the drag queens, they got plenty of laughs from the small older audience I was with.
$100 this is to credit to Gaga... easily not in the script when Dirty Harry was directing.

I loved the moment when
Cooper told his brother that he idolized him and you could see the tears in Sam Elliott's eyes as he backed up his truck. cool way to handle that moment in a non-cliché way
Sam Elliot and Andrew Dice Clay surprised me the most.

So which song do you think will be up for Best Original Song? I'm leaning towards Is That Alright?, but it'll probably be Shallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"