World Brandon Routh and Tom Welling presenting at Teen Choice Awards.

Deadman666

Civilian
Reaction score
I didnt see a thread about this, so I thought I'd start one to discuss it.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=2496

I have a strong feeling they may be presenting together since none of Welling's other castmates are listed and theres no relevance with him presenting with Hilary Duff anymore.

Could Superman and teen Clark in the same room cause a rip in the space time continuum? :confused: It could be worth sitting through the crapiness of the TCAs for.

Should be fun to see.

brandtom.jpg

They should fight like in an infinite crisis of some kind, don't you think?

superman196_swan_klein.gif

tegne2.jpg

395px-SupvsSupround2.jpg

Hey that's not a bad idea for a sequel. It'd be the greatest superpowered battle EVER. Superman VS Clark Kent.

This thread is worth it just for that photo of Routh :confused:

the action wont be on TV but here in the forums ;)

Shawn_Short said:
Honestly, I could see Tom Welling blowing Routh off.

Actually, it's Routh that has no need to approach Welling. AT ALL. That's just the way the cards turned out. As the posters......(though we've seen Routh's act. He's a nice kid, he'll probably approach Welling.)

At this minute though, there's a huge media blitz in Japan and Germany with Brandon Routh's face.....I don't think Tom Welling will ever get that kind of international fame. (or do play devils advocate, infamy)

Once again, how could he have the gall to ever 'blow off' Brandon Routh?

I can see the reponses to my post already....

ps. I know Welling wouldn't ever purposely do that anyway.....he's not that kind of 'star'. Just playing out a scenario. It'd be like Dean Cain blowing off Tom Welling or some BS like that. :o

Yeah...let's see them fight............................wow.....guys that's um...how do you say.....stupid?

I'm sure the press will try to put them together for a photo and they will graciously acept. Tom has wished Brandon good luck in the past and Brandon said he was looking forward to meet Tom someday so there's no reason for them to be anything than cordial to each other.

That's unfair. I call eroneous. On both calls. I mean, wtf.....Welling looks like he's the lead singer of some boy band group.....and Routh looks like he just **** his pants.

Sigh....funny pic though.

Maybe this will end those "WHO'S TALLER/BIGGER/ BROADER" debate.

I think Brandon will be taller than Tom by an inch, but everything else is game.

Someone's gotta post pics of this....

In that pic, Brandon is upset that Welling is trying to steal his metrosexual thunder.

Yes, here come the crappy manips by the same insecure smallville fans, on schedule. :up:

However I saw this one, and if we're posting them, might as well...

I found the S design interesting; the \8/-like thing.

wellingdouche.jpg

:p and it makes it look like hes going after Brandon's job.

the only crappy manip I see is yours. It seems you're the insecure one. Tom doesn't need Brandon's job. He's made the role his own, Brandon's job is to copy Christopher Reeve. And that is a shame even to Brandon himself.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
the only crappy manip I see is yours. .

Haha. Funny thing is it isnt mine. I found it on the planet and all your SHH SV buddies were praising it:

http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?p=830969#post830969

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
It seems you're the insecure one. Tom doesn't need Brandon's job. He's made the role his own, Brandon's job is to copy Christopher Reeve. And that is a shame even to Brandon himself.

Wow I was just kidding and here you are getting offended like a little *****....trying to trash Brandon for no real reason.

Cmon, look at this thread. I posted silly pictures off both of them and pretty much kept it impartial.

Then you come in with your "TW is superman" manips trying to prove something :rolleyes:. Thats insecurity.

Deadman666 said:
Wow I was just kidding and here you are getting offended like a little *****....trying to trash Brandon for no real reason.

Cmon, look at this thread. I posted silly pictures off both of them and pretty much kept it impartial.

Then you come in with your "TW is superman" manips trying to prove something :rolleyes:. Thats insecurity.

I didn't try to trash Brandon. I have respect for him, he's a very nice guy and has love for the character but that's WHY he was chosen (if you read again my post you will see I wrote "that's a shame even for Brandon himself) and he is the first one to admit it. If anything it's trashing the mastermind behind doing a remake of the first movie instead of doing something original. I posted the manip because someone said the pictures posted above where unfair to both guys so I posted one of Tom as I am a fan of his. Just because I didn't post one of Brandon (I'm not a fan of his so I don't have to) doesn't mean I don't have respect for him.
I don't have to prove anything as SR's disapointing box-office has already proven the point for me.

But you cant honestly tie the box office with the quality of the film itself. X3 was horrible, most fans hated it... but the action gave it mass appeal.

Batman was dark, mature, (but kids would have found it boring)... it lost the 'kid appeal' factor and F4 scored a stronger opening, even though BB pulled itself up internationally.

If SR was such a 'disapointment' quality-wise, the Warners would have easily decided to not continue it for a sequel, and greenlight a Smallville film for 2009 (if you believe that Smallville is the better of the two)...

However, (and you can quote me on this whenever), I think a sequel to SR is extremly likely with Bryan Singer still on board. The sequel rumor mill involving WB and Bryan is playing out just like it did with Nolan and BB last summer.

And again, if the WB felt a Smallville film would have done better, they could easily greenlight it for 2009. Theyve probably run tests, projections, have more data than any of us do......

I guess the answer to which would be the best move lies in their decision for 2009, but I have a strong feeling it will be a Superman returns sequel.....we'll find out soon enough anyway.

Brandon Routh AND Tom Welling in the SAME GENERAL AREA!?! I'm there.

and here is a crappy manip in which both Tom and Brandon lose!

GrumpyOldSupermen.jpg

I like them both equally...and by equally I mean Brandon more.

*This was all an excuse to manip a poster of Grumpier Old Men. I apologize:)

Haha Yep, that is so both of them 10 years from now anyways.

Deadman666 said:
But you cant honestly tie the box office with the quality of the film itself. X3 was horrible, most fans hated it... but the action gave it mass appeal.

Batman was dark, mature, (but kids would have found it boring)... it lost the 'kid appeal' factor and F4 scored a stronger opening, even though BB pulled itself up internationally.

If SR was such a 'disapointment' quality-wise, the Warners would have easily decided to not continue it for a sequel, and greenlight a Smallville film for 2009 (if you believe that Smallville is the better of the two)...

However, (and you can quote me on this whenever), I think a sequel to SR is extremly likely with Bryan Singer still on board. The sequel rumor mill involving WB and Bryan is playing out just like it did with Nolan and BB last summer.

And again, if the WB felt a Smallville film would have done better, they could easily greenlight it for 2009. Theyve probably run tests, projections, have more data than any of us do......

I guess the answer to which would be the best move lies in their decision for 2009, but I have a strong feeling it will be a Superman returns sequel.....we'll find out soon enough anyway.

I agree partially on what you said about X-3, although I didn't find it horrible I did find it to be too unbalanced but it did have the best action sequences of the trilogy and that is why it did well. I guess the challenge is to find the right balance of action and dialogue. I still wish that Singer would have done X-3 instead.
If they do go ahead with a sequel to SR it will have a much restrained budget and I'm sure Warner will try to do the same Marvel did with Hulk and try to do it more action oriented. I'm not sure if Singer will stay on board if less money and more action are what they will want to go for.
As of now I think they will play it safe and think a lot more before deciding what they will do. Batman Begins didn't had the kids appeal granted but with a third of SR's marketing did more profit for Warner and that's saying alot on the movie itself because it had a great cast, story and was exciting. And it was original.
You can pay hommage to the old movies (hell even SV does it) but then do something original with it. For God's sake they went so far as to copy scenes, dialogues and even one liners from the movie. I would have prefered to watch my dvds, they are better acted and a lot more exciting.
I'm sure they already put the possibility of a movie with the SV actors on the table and actually there has already been talks of a direct to dvd movie already (and who's not to say it won't be a theatrical movie)...
SV gives in profit what SR costed, over 200 million dollars, it is the most watched WB show on the globe. And ppl relate to it and it's character because they aren't painted in a Christ like manner which was one of the movie's biggest mistakes, one that cost them dearly as today's audience wants to relate to it's heroes.
But I do agree that we will have to wait until next year or the year after to see what they will do. I hope that if it's a sequel to SR at least they do something new but I'm pretty sure we will see Zod...lol

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
If they do go ahead with a sequel to SR it will have a much restrained budget and I'm sure Warner will try to do the same Marvel did with Hulk and try to do it more action oriented. I'm not sure if Singer will stay on board if less money and more action are what they will want to go for.

Hmm I dont know about that. There hasnt been any evidence so far that there would be any major budget cuts... even if that option was mentioned; Singer would have been aware of it prior to the con. At the con, however, Singer seemed VERY interesting in doing the sequel and was down with making it a 'Wrath of Khan' action/sci-fi oriented flick.

Honestly I think the ONLY thing to be concerned about is that WB and Singer may go overboard with the action (to draw in the lowest common denominators)....to the point we could have another X3 on our hands.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
As of now I think they will play it safe and think a lot more before deciding what they will do. Batman Begins didn't had the kids appeal granted but with a third of SR's marketing did more profit for Warner.

Alot of that profit/legs was international. Wait till SR has completed it's run....its doing pretty decent worldwide at least.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
I'm sure they already put the possibility of a movie with the SV actors on the table and actually there has already been talks of a direct to dvd movie already (and who's not to say it won't be a theatrical movie)....

Actually no. I can officially say that isnt true. The talks about WB's plan for direct to DVD films with DC only involved animated features. 3 have already been highlighted for 2007; New Frontier, Superman Doomsday and Judas Contract.

There wasnt any talks mentioned about live action direct to DVD DC pictures. They likely wouldnt even consider such a proposal unless the actual Superman films in the theatres didnt continue. WB seem to be against multiple versions of the same hero (the reason why Smallville couldnt get Bruce Wayne) and they wouldnt let Tom be Superman on a DVD film unless the theatre films ended. There are ALOT of restrictions in place from the WB film dept.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
SV gives in profit what SR costed, over 200 million dollars, it is the most watched WB show on the globe.

:p ya that doesnt really mean much. I'd be worried and saddened for humanity if shows like Dawsons Creek and One Tree Hill brought in more viewers.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
But I do agree that we will have to wait until next year or the year after to see what they will do. I hope that if it's a sequel to SR at least they do something new but I'm pretty sure we will see Zod...lol.

A fan said to Singer at the con "Please use Zod in the sequel".... Singer replied that the fans wouldnt like that idea (he was against it)...

Then the audience cheered for Zod....

Sad but true story, but proof that Singer was against it. The writers voiced opposition to it also.

Singer also said hes waiting to see Donner's run of Action Comics so he doesnt step on his toes with his new project......Donner is using Brainiac as a villian and fans at the con mentioned Brainiac to Singer....though Singer didnt want to give anything away.

My money is on Brainiac for the sequel if you want to make a wager.

Deadman666 said:
Alot of that profit/legs was international. Wait till SR has completed it's run....its doing pretty decent worldwide at least.

Actually no. I can officially say that isnt true. The talks about WB's plan for direct to DVD films with DC only involved animated features. 3 have already been highlighted for 2007; New Frontier, Superman Doomsday and Judas Contract.

There wasnt any talks mentioned about live action direct to DVD DC pictures. They likely wouldnt even consider such a proposal unless the actual Superman films in the theatres didnt continue. WB seem to be against multiple versions of the same hero (the reason why Smallville couldnt get Bruce Wayne) and they wouldnt let Tom be Superman on a DVD film unless the theatre films ended. There are ALOT of restrictions in place from the WB film dept.

:p ya that doesnt really mean much. I'd be worried and saddened for humanity if shows like Dawsons Creek and One Tree Hill brought in more viewers.

A fan said to Singer at the con "Please use Zod in the sequel".... Singer replied that the fans wouldnt like that idea (he was against it)...

Then the audience cheered for Zod....

Sad but true story, but proof that Singer was against it. The writers voiced opposition to it also.

Singer also said hes waiting to see Donner's run of Action Comics so he doesnt step on his toes with his new project......Donner is using Brainiac as a villian and fans at the con mentioned Brainiac to Singer....though Singer didnt want to give anything away.

My money is on Brainiac for the sequel if you want to make a wager.

Batman Begins - Well at least it made profit domestically something this movie didn't do and it was supposed to and a lot of it.
Don't count that direct to dvd/tv movie yet. I think it's exactly the opposite, they want to make as much money from Superman as possible. It's already been confirmed that Tom WILL wear the suit in the end (so they will have to deal with it anyway and rumour has it the no suit is a restriction from the producers not Warner) and given that so many ppl want to see this happen it probably will in a way or another.
The profit does count because it's an established franchise and it makes sense to take advantage of actors a vast majority of the public has acepted and loves in a new movie.
The Brainiac thing - that goes exactly to prove my point, the guy can't do a Superman related movie that doesn't follow Donner's footsteps in one way or another. We'll have to wait and see what comes of it. Maybe it will be something good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"