Superman Returns Reviews of Brandon Routh.

wow. looks like Routh is the next big thing.

JamalYIgle said:
Doesn't matter, apparently the review has been removed from the site.

ROFL, yeah, not loading for me.

Some of these stupid critics need to understand Christopher Reeve was in FOUR movies, there is gonna be some sort of "imitation" of Reeve, at least in the first movie, than as the actors and the movies mature Routh can make his own Superman, rather than an imitation of Reeves, and for the record all the footage I've seen so far looks like he all ready has made his own Superman, Routh's Superman seems a lot softer, he seems to deliver his lines more calmly, sometimes Reeve put his lines across a little too quick.

My ONE and ONLY complaint is he's playing Clark too goofy, but unfortunately that was already set from previous films, but I haven't seen the movie obviously so saying anything at this point is premature.

:eek: the review was removed.
HAhahahah!

The impression I get from reading all these reviews is that they really liked SR but thought it was a bit too STM-ish.

daleadil said:
:eek: the review was removed.
HAhahahah!

The impression I get from reading all these reviews is that they really liked SR but thought it was a bit too STM-ish.

It's funny when I first joined here people were begging for something similar in style to Donner's original an unknown who had a resemblance to Reeve in the role, and there were more than a handful of Spacey Dammit! when it came up as to who should be Luthor. We get those things and some of the same people complain

It's funny how people are always asking "So, is Routh the next Huge Jackman?".... Huge Jackman!! I'd say that the role of superman is a hell of a lot more difficult to pull off, than some plain badass with knifes for claws, wouldn't you say! superman stands for so much, while Wolverine doesn't, really.

Naite22 said:
It's funny how people are always asking "So, is Routh the next Huge Jackman?".... Huge Jackman!! I'd say that the role of superman is a hell of a lot more difficult to pull off, than some plain badass with knifes for claws, wouldn't you say! superman stands for so much, while Wolverine doesn't, really.
Nah. I'd see them fairly similarly actually. It's actually a difficult line playing a badass with a heart of gold. Some people do it well, a la Humphrey Bogart, Clint Eastwood, Toshiro Mifune, and Harrison Ford. Others don't do it nearly as well, a la Vin Diesel. Wolverine could easily have come off cheesy or as an exploitation-type anti-hero. The fact that he doesn't is owed to Jackman's charisma.

And this is all coming from someone who doesn't even like Logan as a comic book character.

Awesome. Looks like Routh has done it. Good for him :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"