Superman Returns Reviews of Brandon Routh.

Nice.

I don't think people will ever say Reeve has been out done, b/c it won't be done.

But...the torch is passed.....he's just continuing the tradition, and it's nice to hear that people feel that Routh is the right man to carry the torch for now.

This is so great to hear!! I've been optomistic Routh would be a great Superman, he cares alot about the character and i very proud to be a part of the Superman legacy. Seeing these reviews makes me very happy and i can't wait to see his performance.

This is great news. I've always believed the success of a new Superman movie rested the most on the ability of the actor that plays the title role... it wasn't a role like Batman where there were some good interpretations but room for improvement... Chris Reeve, simply put, WAS Superman, and the only way a new Superman would work is if the new actor was just as good or better. Dean Cain and Tom Welling never came close, IMO, but it sounds like Brandon makes the cut. I can't wait for this movie.

I think Routh is really interested in Supes mythology, that is why he was trying to make him as Superman in his vsion with some Reeve's parts.

And thats awesome!

Excel said:
bluetights took routh over reeve....thatll be a sad, sad day, when reeve gets passed. but i think it is coming up soon...
I hope he does get passed - because I like the idea of every big-screen Supes being better than the one before him. Improvement is good.

Also, a lot of new fans who haven't seen the old movies (or aren't that attached) are likely to flood Superman boards.

why doesn't somebody put up an anti-Routh review thread? If there are good reviews of Routh, there probably are bad ones... I don't think i've seen any but I'm a little curious as to whether all of these 'pre-reviews' are WB propaganda of some sort.
This is, I think, a thread for all the reviewers' opinions on Routh specifically, good or bad. If you find a bad one, feel free to post it.

Tomwelling4sups said:
oh wow the critics like brandon, oh wait, they all liked him even before they saw the movie . . . .

But...these are all quotes from people who have seen the movie...:confused:

he mad because while tom wellings on his last legs as the wannabe man of steel(I doubt SV will last beyond the next season), Routh's taking off, and so far, no one has a bad thing to say....

Well, the thing about a film like this.....the wave of comic films have a very character driven story almost each time out. Batman Begins, Spider-Man, X2.....all those films are very character driven, and with Singer directing you know it's a character driven film here as well. So, the lead actor has to be good for the film to work, otherwise ALL those films sink....no matter how good the story or the SFX. Bale, Magurie, and Jackman did it.

So yeah, for RETURNS to be good....Routh will have to be good. And, it sounds like he came through for all of us.

I'm just saying, expect the naysayers to keep naysaying...even though the movie and brandon will get positive reviews.

Well, of course. That's a given. I mean.....even if he's the greatest to ever be in any superhero movie....ever......there will still be haters. But, if he's good...they'll become nothing but mild little annoincies.

exactly. I'm just glad Brandon's getting a good response. Hes a nice guy and sure as hell deserves it.

I'm so happy to hear this! However, seriously, ever since I saw the GoldenGlobes, with Routh doing his little Clark Kent act, he made it clear for me. He was so cool! But I'm so glad that reviewers loved him... I can't wait to see this guy on screen!

PS: As much as I love Reeve's Clark/superman portrayal, Routh seems more "SUPERMAN"-like in real life!!! (judging from interviews with Routh AND Reeve!)

The Sage said:
But...these are all quotes from people who have seen the movie...:confused:

Don't bother. He does not even know that Routh was even hated by pretty much most Critics & Fans alike & going by his Screen Name he should just go back to the Smallville Forums & enjoy TV Superboy

Can we please not bash TW - that's not the purpose of the thread.

Brandon Routh seems to be a very very really like G-O-O-D person! He's so down to earth, and in interviews his whole persona is soooooo Clark Kentish! He really is superman.. And from a guy (next to NO big screen experience!) who's just landed propobly the most known character on film, ever, he really seems to STILL be the Brandon Routh as he was always (all though I have never met him, but you get my drift!)... He's just such a beautiful Man!

What ever BS Brandon must have heard from people and from around the net, ever since he was exposed to the puplic, he's NOW getting it back with a positive response from EVERYONE seeing this film!

Tzigone said:
Can we please not bash TW - that's not the purpose of the thread.

How am I bashing TW by calling him Superboy :confused: That whole post was directed to TW4SuperBoy

& the only part even related to TW was calling him Superboy

Tomwelling4sups said:
oh wow the critics like brandon, oh wait, they all liked him even before they saw the movie . . . .

Still bitter about Routh getting a lot of praise as Superman, while your Tommy Boy isn't going to be Superman (or at least not much like Routh), hmm? Go back to SV forum & stay out! ;) :D

Tom Welling is GREAT as a younger Clark Kent!!! That's it!

MoviesKickAss said:
How am I bashing TW by calling him Superboy :confused: That whole post was directed to TW4SuperBoy

& the only part even related to TW was calling him Superboy

Its your condescending manner in which your using it that can be taken as bashing...

Besides, TW has stated many times that he DOESN'T want to be Superman...geez.

They must be some HARD die hard fans, cuz I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore SV fan and even I know that he's got no interest in playing the Man of Steel...

I guess there's just some people you can't get through to?

I know I give Smallville a hard time but thats due to the stupid ass Freak Of The Weeks & pretty much just using the same old Story Lines most of the time & or the very bad rip offs of obvious Movies etc. But I do like the Show for what it mainly is

Clark Kent growing up to one day become Superman. But pretty much everything else sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"