Superman Returns Reviews of Brandon Routh.

Welling has what to do with 'Reviews of Brandon Routh' ?

And no, I don't care if Smallville fans call him Superman.....this isn't about that. Superman is Superman to whomever you ask, no need to bash/generalize someone for their answers.

Agreed.

Personally, I think the 1st 2 seasons (FOTW aside) captured the very essence of what the show SHOULD be about...Clark Kent living on the farm in Smallville, Kansas a very quiet existance, etc.

Season 5 I loved, but its basically Superman...w/o the suit.

But anyway back on topic, I look forward to Superman Returns and these recent reviews of Mr. Routh are very encouraging...

:)

LostSon88 said:
Season 5 I loved

Season 5 in my opinon has been the worst. Aside from Cyborg & Braniac it sucked & also another thing thats been bothering about Smallville is that the best parts of an Entire Episode is during the last 10 Minutes or so. Which is sad :o There would have been many good moments in Season 5 but with the way they went with Chloe shes been more Superman then Tom Welling. Hell they should rename the show Chloeville

But yes back on topic

Tzigone said:
This is, I think, a thread for all the reviewers' opinions on Routh specifically, good or bad. If you find a bad one, feel free to post it.
Guys, if I see a bad one, you have my solemn promise that I'll put it up with the rest of 'em. But so far, I haven't really seen a bad review. The closest thing I've seen to "bad" is the AICN review that says he was stiff as clark.

I dunno, I used to take Smallville a bit too serious....you know, like it was part of the continuity or something. Bit it's not. It's an elseworld version of Superboy. Take it like that, and it'd be easier to watch.

Routh seems to have something that Welling might not have....and that's the ability to transform between both roles. I dunno if Tom could do that. Routh seems to.

Naite22 said:
Brandon Routh seems to be a very very really like G-O-O-D person! He's so down to earth, and in interviews his whole persona is soooooo Clark Kentish! He really is superman.. And from a guy (next to NO big screen experience!) who's just landed propobly the most known character on film, ever, he really seems to STILL be the Brandon Routh as he was always (all though I have never met him, but you get my drift!)... He's just such a beautiful Man!

What ever BS Brandon must have heard from people and from around the net, ever since he was exposed to the puplic, he's NOW getting it back with a positive response from EVERYONE seeing this film!
:up: too right.

sf2 said:
:up: too right.

I hope you guys aren't missing the A&E special Story of Superman. They are showing clips from the movie. Brandon, from what I have seen, has a great on screen presence. He seems to be a very good actor. I am totally shocked at how natural he seems. I've always supported Brandon, but I wasn't expecting this.

I didn't read through everything, but I wanted to comment.

Christopher Reeve will never be forgotten. Hell, when I have kids, I'm going to force them to watch Superman: The Movie, Superman II, (maybe the others, since I enjoyed them when I was little) and Superman Returns.

So Chris AND Brandon will be their Superman.

Christopher will always be my Superman, no matter how good Routh is. But it doesn't mean I wont love Routh. :)

I'm freakin' excited to see the movie. I love James Marsden and hope to see more of him in this movie than the 10 minutes in X-Men. It's been even more exciting in Iowa because Brandon Routh is from Norwalk, Iowa which is about 10 minutes south of Des Moines and about 30 minutes from where I live. Norwalk isn't a very huge town. It's pretty cool to see everyone excited for the movie. It looks really good!!!!!!

On the news, they did a small interview with him a while ago. When he was little, he'd put on his superman pajamas and act like him, which I'm sure every little boy did. hehehe...

It would be nice to have him come back and do more interviews soon for us Iowans.

He is probably down to earth kinda guy, most people are when they grow up here.

well...it sounds like most say he did an admirable job..so at least he didn't bomb....

MoviesKickAss said:
Season 5 in my opinon has been the worst. Aside from Cyborg & Braniac it sucked & also another thing thats been bothering about Smallville is that the best parts of an Entire Episode is during the last 10 Minutes or so. Which is sad :o There would have been many good moments in Season 5 but with the way they went with Chloe shes been more Superman then Tom Welling. Hell they should rename the show Chloeville

But yes back on topic

Wow, the exact same statement in 2 different threads:

MoviesKickAss said:
This Show should just be re named to Chloeville & get that over with

If you don't like the show, fine. But I don't see why you have to be all over the place, bashing it.

i thought you were all about letting people have their opinions, dogofkrypton. you defended Matt for doing almost the same thing a few weeks ago. why are you getting on MoviesKickAss about doing what Matt did?

BareKnucklez said:
Hey I didn't get the memo either... :(

Wait... We have memos??? :confused:

Yes, didn't you get the memo about us now having memos?

Was the that the new memo stating we had to have a new cover page with our tps reports?

DvilDog said:
Was the that the new memo stating we had to have a new cover page with our tps reports?

That's the old memo, not the new one.

2 and a half more weeks till the movie :)

Going to be a good movie I think!

halfapple said:
2 and a half more weeks till the movie :)
Two weeks, 7 hrs and 40 minutes until it opens here. But I won't see it until the Saturday after.

The Batman said:
exactly. I'm just glad Brandon's getting a good response. Hes a nice guy and sure as hell deserves it.

My sentiments exactly.

Our faith in Singer and Brandon will pay off big time come 28th June.:up::supes:

Smallville is what got me into the whole Superman mythology in the first place. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is a fun show, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who started with it.

That being said, I'm very happy that Routh got the part. I was a little skeptical at first (I think the first promo-shot with the costume looked silly), but he has definitely grown on me. I spotted him on the A&E with his screen test as Clark Kent, and I was stunned at how good he was. I loved Jackman, but his X-men screen test was horrid (he was great in the movie--I hope that's not an omen). :) With the exception of that one picture, I haven't seen anything from Routh that hasn't impressed me.

I've never petitioned to get Wellings into the suit. He didn't want the part, anyway.

Edit: I just saw the new standee with the artic blow that's up now...okay, that's TWO pictures I've seen that look silly. That pic is just wrong! (but, other than that, I've been impressed).

Action ACE said:
I hope you guys aren't missing the A&E special Story of Superman. They are showing clips from the movie. Brandon, from what I have seen, has a great on screen presence. He seems to be a very good actor. I am totally shocked at how natural he seems. I've always supported Brandon, but I wasn't expecting this.

i know. when he talks, you could swear he's been one of the 'big guys' in hollywood for years and years, with the confidence he exudes. i saw him on the mtv movies awards, and i was like, it's cool, he's nervous, i would be, too. but then you see him in interviews and what not, and he's just like... yeah.

Brandon Routh will do just fine in the role, he embodies everything that :supes: should be!

It has been pointless to worry about Routh all this time, I knew he would be good. There are other more pressing concerns to debate.

MoviesKickAss said:

But yes back on topic

Wait...hold up... haven't watched Smallvillein a while... CYBORG was on it? As in Cyborg Superman? Or Teen Titans Cyborg? How could EITHER of them really fit into the show anyway?

That-Guy said:
Wait...hold up... haven't watched Smallvillein a while... CYBORG was on it? As in Cyborg Superman? Or Teen Titans Cyborg? How could EITHER of them really fit into the show anyway?
Teen Titans. Even though that's not the way it went on Smallville. It was a really good ep, though.

The first half of season 5 was really quite good (especially the first three eps). Then it went down-hill. Think they realized they were going to be renewed so the put a halt on all the cool character-growth and mythos stuff.

And I love the Chloe-stuff in the first half of the season - it was fantastic.

Nerial said:
Smallville is what got me into the whole Superman mythology in the first place. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is a fun show, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who started with it.

That being said, I'm very happy that Routh got the part. I was a little skeptical at first (I think the first promo-shot with the costume looked silly), but he has definitely grown on me. I spotted him on the A&E with his screen test as Clark Kent, and I was stunned at how good he was. I loved Jackman, but his X-men screen test was horrid (he was great in the movie--I hope that's not an omen). :) With the exception of that one picture, I haven't seen anything from Routh that hasn't impressed me.

I've never petitioned to get Wellings into the suit. He didn't want the part, anyway.

Edit: I just saw the new standee with the artic blow that's up now...okay, that's TWO pictures I've seen that look silly. That pic is just wrong! (but, other than that, I've been impressed).
that standee; work of someone trying to sabotage i think. you know there are lot of lex luthors in this real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"