Deadpool Brianna Hildebrand is Negasonic Teenage Warhead

She could be part of The New Mutants movie which is set to be released in 2018

If New Mutants is in the present and not the past, since I don't think that's been determined yet.

Has there been any word on whether NTW and Colossus will be back in the Deadpool sequel? I hope so. They were so much fun in the first one.

If they are their screen time will be short.

We got Cable and Domino who are gonna be introduced as major players. Then it's likely we will have Nessa goen Copycat which will take time. Plus new villains, Blind Al, Weasel etc.

Yeah, good point. Hopefully though they'll show up in a more prominent role in an X-Men movie or New Mutants.

As long as Kinberg & Singer are involved, the last place you should want Negasonic is in an X-Men movie.

Good question, i think Colossus will be here for connection with X-Men universe and maybe some set up for X-Force.
If the next X-Men is in 90's, i can see a younger version of Colossus with Cyclop and Jean in the lead ( maybe Cable too :cwink:).

As long as Kinberg & Singer are involved, the last place you should want Negasonic is in an X-Men movie.

But don't you see how much cooler she would be in an all black costume and with minimal dialogue? :cwink:

So I read that Marvel traded NTW to Fox for the rights to Ego, the Living Planet - not sure how Fox had the rights to a THOR villain - but sounds like it all worked out fine for all concerned...

He was probably part of the Fantastic Four package.

So I read that Marvel traded NTW to Fox for the rights to Ego, the Living Planet - not sure how Fox had the rights to a THOR villain - but sounds like it all worked out fine for all concerned...
why did Marvel have NTW for that matter? hasn't she always been a X-men character?

why did Marvel have NTW for that matter? hasn't she always been a X-men character?

They didn't have Negasonic Teenage Warhead. They swapped a permission to change the character's powers with the rights to Ego.

as the right holders wouldn't they have creative licenses to change the characters as they see fit?

as the right holders wouldn't they have creative licenses to change the characters as they see fit?

They've got the movie rights (which is different from having the all-around rights), and it seems like if they want to change the characters' powers they need an agreement by the copyright holder, which is Marvel.

In a case such as this, I doubt Marvel cares all that much. Negasonic simply ended up getting a power set that suited her far better than being another telepath. I doubt there was any hardships in making that transition.

No, it seems the restrictions can be pretty tight. The Sony leaks demonstrated this with Spider-Man. For example, it explicitly required Peter Parker to be a white, straight male. I didn't know it extended to minor characters (particularly given the creative licenses with Moira MacTaggert), but it's possible.

Certainly possible, but that strange hold likely loosens when you're dealing with less popular characters. I'd hope that making changes to a character as unknown as Negasonic wouldn't cause a mega uproar.

It's not really about causing uproar. It's just that Marvel are the original copyright holders, so every change needs to be approved. It's more a contractual thing, and has to do with copyright laws rather than with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"