• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring Back Black Bolt

I would love to see the Inhumans in the 3rd FF movie. Backbolt is one awesome character, I can't believe he was able to beat The Hulk two times already.

supermarvelman said:
That would be awesome.

Dr. Strange (what would the Defenders be w/o Dr. Strange)
Hulk
Namor
Black Bolt

Thats closer to the illuminati than the defenders though. The illuminati is an awesome line-up. I just wish it had Nick Fury on it as well.

Vanguard07 said:
Thats closer to the illuminati than the defenders though. The illuminati is an awesome line-up. I just wish it had Nick Fury on it as well.

I would have preferred T'Challa.

I don't see how that is closer to the Illuminati than it is to the Defenders. Perhaps, if the Hulk hadn't been there...

Harlekin said:
I don't see how that is closer to the Illuminati than it is to the Defenders. Perhaps, if the Hulk hadn't been there...

If Marvel did do a Defenders title based on that, I could totally see Silver Surfer coming to Earth to chill after the whole Annihilation thing.

Harlekin said:

I suppose "just as close" would have been a better way of putting it.
The core members of the defenders are SS, Strange, Namor and Hulk.
The core (and only) members of the Illuminati are Strange, Namor, Black Bolt, Xavier, Mr Fantastic and Iron Man.

I say Nick Fury should be on the Illuminati because he's just as much of a world leader as the rest of them. He runs Shield which is a worldwide intelligence organization of almost limitless resources and authority.
Namor and Black Bolt have their own countries, Strange has the mystic arts, Xavier is a figurehead for mutants, Iron man is there for financial reasons i guess.... Reed is what? in charge of the world's science?

Nick Fury has (untill he went all fugitive at least) more influence than Reed, Strange or Tony. He's got the resources to be at least as much of an asset. He has as much reason to be there as they do.

And I agree that T'challa should be there too but I dont mind that he's not. At least they offered him membership and let him choose to turn it down. That's fine by me.

hulk
dr.strange
silver surfer
black bolt
namor

that line-up could possibly be the most powerful team ever created.
altough i would imagine that the mumbers wouldnt get along very well.:csad:

hulk isnt a team player in the first place.
namor is a stubburn B****
siver surfer is a f'in cosmic being
black bolt... well i dont see any problems with him getting along
dr strange would constantly be trying to make the other guys do the right thing. cuz hulk and namor are kinda anti-heros.

No, Dr. Strange would be manipulating them into doing what he wants, duh!

oh and by the way the members of the illuminati each represent a difforent race that inhabits earth or the space around it.

namor: represtents atlantians
xavier: represents mutants
iron man: represents normal humans
black bolt: represents inhumans
Dr. strange: represents the magical beings
mr. fantastic: represents meta humans

so techincaly there wouldnt be any need for t'challa to be in because there is no one else to represent!

Not really. They represented their specific teams and such based on what they do, and how much they can do, influence and such. Mainly influence.

Iron Man for the Avengers and heros worldwide
Xavier for the X-Men and mutants worldwide
Black Bolt for the Inhumans
Dr. Strange for the dimensional stuff he has to deal with
Namor for Atlantis
Reed for heros worldwide, and the FF

Like... What they can do if they made decisions, how it could effect everything.

Few and far inbetween.

Prove it.

It would be awesome funny that they chose to create this little thing, while saying they were the representatives of their kind, and then having two people who represent the same thing on the same team.

Despite what you may want to believe, Tony Stark represents superhumans just as much as Reed does. Tony Stark hardly goes around playing with normal humans.

swifty said:
I would love to see the Inhumans in the 3rd FF movie. Backbolt is one awesome character, I can't believe he was able to beat The Hulk two times already.

I would love to see a GOOD ff movie.

but stark IS a normal human.
and can relate to them better than ANYONE on the team

the only powers that tony has is the suit which he MADE. he has no superpowers. HE IS A NORMAL HUMAN!

yeah, healing factor, strength, and advanced intellect or something. He should also be able to shoot fire out of his mouth if you go by what that other guy could do.

tophat491 said:
but stark IS a normal human.
and can relate to them better than ANYONE on the team

the only powers that tony has is the suit which he MADE. he has no superpowers. HE IS A NORMAL HUMAN!

You and I are fairly alike in biology, but I couldn't even begin to affiliate with you on a personal level due to the extreme differences between your life and my own.

I don't see why it shouldn't be that way for Tony.

That, and he's a superhuman now.

Anubis said:
yeah, healing factor, strength, and advanced intellect or something. He should also be able to shoot fire out of his mouth if you go by what that other guy could do.

And he can control electronic devices and such now.

Mistress Gluon said:
You and I are fairly alike in biology, but I couldn't even begin to affiliate with you on a personal level due to the extreme differences between your life and my own.

I don't see why it shouldn't be that way for Tony.

That, and he's a superhuman now.

well he wasnt superhuman when the illuminati were in effect.
considering that they are not in effect now.

That is true, but he was still the leader of the Avengers, which is who he was representing.

swifty said:

Thats what I thought too. Black Panther should also be introduced in Fantastic Four, so should the Super-Skrull and possibly the Kree/Skrull war.

Darthphere said:
If Marvel did do a Defenders title based on that, I could totally see Silver Surfer coming to Earth to chill after the whole Annihilation thing.

But isnt he officially Galactus's Herald again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"