Brooklyn Man Electrocuted After Urinating on Subway’s ‘Third Rail’

Xeno

That's America's ass!
Reaction score
A man is dead after urinating on the third rail of a Brooklyn subway track Monday morning, the New York Daily News reports.

Police say the victim, Matthew Zeno, 30, and his 26-year-old friend (whose name was not released) were looking for a place to relieve themselves after leaving a bar. At around 3:10 a.m., they ended up on the tracks of a G train stop in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood. As he paused to urinate, Zeno accidentally touched the third rail and was zapped with 625 volts of electricity, according to the New York Police Department and the New York City Fire Department, local NYC news website DNAinfo reports. When Zeno’s friend tried to help him, he received a much milder electric shock. Both men were sent to Woodhull Hospital, where Zeno died of a heart attack and his friend remained in critical, yet stable condition as of Monday morning.

In April 2012, an Indiana man was also killed by electrocution after trying to urinate on the Purple Line tracks at an ‘L’ station in Evanston, Illinois. He was climbing down into the tracks and fell onto the third rail, according to CBS Chicago. And in March 2010, a man was electrocuted after he inadvertently urinated on a downed power line in a roadside ditch in Montesano, Washington. “The urine stream likely served as a conductor, allowing the electricity to reach his body,” the Associated Press reported.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/08...rinating-on-subways-third-rail/?iid=obnetwork

Maybe after reading stories like this guys will stop treating subway stations like public urinals. Being zapped with 625 volts of electricity through the genitals is the last way you want to leave this earth. :doh:

What an idiot. Natural selection at its finest though.

What an idiot. Natural selection at its finest though.

Another nominee for the 2013 Darwin Awards.

I grew up near the railroad and learned early on that you never do anything near the third rail. Being female, pissing on it was never an issue for my but my brothers and dozens of male cousins knew enough not to do it despite being victims of extreme testosterone poisoning.

Normally I try not to laugh at stories like this...but...

:awesome:

Whelp.... More Third Rail for me. That's how this works, right?

dont-whiz-on-the-electric-fence.jpg

I could've sworn Mythbusters disproved this unless it was plausible.

Also... CAN WE GET THE MYTHBUSTERS ON THIS STAT!

Last edited:
When it's this or death by falling cow... I choose cow.

I guess I should cross "make love to a light socket" off my agenda, then? :csad::o

They already covered it a long time ago. CONFIRMED

I thought they just did urinating on an electrified fence? Also, I thought that was a Busted one? OH DENZIENS OF THE INTERWEBS, BRING THIS MYSTERY TO A CLOSE! :huh:

You lost me there...

Testosterone poisoning is a term one of the professors at my school came up with for the cause of the sort of stupidity that causes males to do idiotically dangerous stunts. The show Dr. G: Medical Examiner did an episode on the ridiculous things men do that land them in the coroner's office. Like the guy who decided to get on a swing set on the back of his buddy's pickup when it was racing down the highway at 70 mph. He face-planted into the asphalt. Or the friends who camped on a cliff, drank all night and decided to go pee over the edge. One of them took a 200 foot header. Dr. G attributed that sort of risky behavior to male hormones since women don't end up dying like that.

Last edited:
They should've watched Mythbusters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"