Iron Man 3 Bruce Banner/Hulk/Mark Ruffalo in IM 3?

Gamma Ra

Sidekick
Reaction score
We all saw the end of Avengers with Banner leaving with Tony Stark. Does anyone else think Banner/Hulk will have a role much like Black Widow had in IM2?

Who would be the villain/villains?

Word has it that it's going to be filmed in China.

Radioactive Man and Mandarin?

We all saw the end of Avengers with Banner leaving with Tony Stark. Does anyone else think Banner/Hulk will have a role much like Black Widow had in IM2?

Who would be the villain/villains?

Word has it that it's going to be filmed in China.

Radioactive Man and Mandarin?

The interviews and scuttlebutt I've read so far indicate no visits from the Avengers, nor callbacks to the Avengers. They seem pretty adamant on making sure Tony has the screen all to himself in this movie.

The interviews and scuttlebutt I've read so far indicate no visits from the Avengers, nor callbacks to the Avengers. They seem pretty adamant on making sure Tony has the screen all to himself in this movie.

yeah that's what I was about to say. I think theyre trying to do that with all the Phase II movies

I could see Bruce Banner having a small cameo. Not the Hulk but Banner, sure. They may even want to throw in a hint at the Hulkbuster armour after all.

I think what they meant about not having visits from The Avengers is that there'll be a brief cameo like in the comics but then they'll write in a reason why each hero has to deal with the problems in their movie on their own.

I'd love Banner in IM3. And not just for a cameo, but a full supporting role. No Hulk, though.

However, that would be a scientist too many, what with Hall and Pearce's character.

I'd like to have a cameo by Banner not Hulk. It would be nice, I think they know this too.

A cameo would be fine by me, just to tie up loose ends. He left with Tony, it'd be weird for him to just disappear.

They should get drive-thru at the beginning and then continue on without Banner.

I would like a Cameo by Banner maybe RDJ face chatting with him at Stark Tower or something.

If the IM3 budget upgrade is to be believed, $100 says you'll be getting a Banner/Hulk cameo somewhere in this film due to the great response to him in The Avengers (and yes, the fact that Stark & Banner drive off together isn't insignificant). Now I believe this very well may happen.

Marvel is canny.

Often arrogant in talent deals.

And have been sometimes overly-aggressive in their franchise-plotting.

But they aren't dumb.

I think they're going to eventually face the fact (perhaps they have already) that no matter how well they write Tony Stark's "isolation" from other elements, the general audience won't be fully satisfied unless they see at least one Avenger cameo here...and Banner seems the most believable one based on how their relationship was nicely cemented during The Avengers...

:word:

Last edited:
I don't for one second believe that it not a strong plausible possibility of at least getting Banner. We got Black Widow in IM2 with a significant role which didn't overshadow any of Stark's moments. Also, with so many main characters in the Avengers, there wasn't much room for throw away lines; so when Tony tells Bruce that he should come down to Stark Labs sometime, I believe that was the setup.

On another token, it was RDJ who was the most influential in getting Ruffalo to sign as Banner/Hulk. After Marvel offered hi the job, he said he'll think about it, but after he got off the phone with RDJ, he was at ComicCon the next day.

Well, here's the definitive "NO" answer to this thread, from Feige himself, in the most recent Empire magazine:

When he was once again asked whether we should expect to see Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner turn up in Iron Man 3, he said no, but promised the following. "We will see the Ruffalo Hulk in future. I don't know when or how, exactly, but he's an interesting character, and so many new avenues have opened up. But now in the movies, who's gonna pop up where? You're never quite sure."

Give me a Hulk movie directed by Drew Goddard and written by Goddard/Whedon and I'm a happy camper :up:.

A Banner cameo, I wouldn't mind. What would he be doing after Avengers, anyway? I figured he'd hang around SHIELD or something. Or he'd have his time for himself.

I think Marvel Studios want to keep the 'wow' factor whenever they make an Avengers film. And most of that 'wow' comes from the fact of seeing various characters appearing on the screen at the same time.

If you start to put more than one Avenger into individual franchises you lose a bit of that mystique. You dilute the 'wow'.

There may be mentions and nods and winks but apart from (maybe) a post credit sequence I don't see any major appearances.

I feel that the more seperate you keep each individual franchise the more special it is when they do eventually 'assemble'. I would also like to see (although it would be almost impossible to do successfully) each franchise have much more of its own individual character - perhaps seperate genres. (Thor with a fantasy epic feel, Cap as a war film, Ironman as a near future, corporate espionage film, Hulk as a horror film - you could do Dr Strange as a horror flick, Powerman and Ironfist as a exploitation flick, etc, etc).

The idea of trying to mix that all together seems very exicting to me. Mind you, Fiege has said and made the conscious decision to tie the films together in terms of look and tone which is probably the much more sensible approach.

I think Marvel Studios want to keep the 'wow' factor whenever they make an Avengers film. And most of that 'wow' comes from the fact of seeing various characters appearing on the screen at the same time.

If you start to put more than one Avenger into individual franchises you lose a bit of that mystique. You dilute the 'wow'.

There may be mentions and nods and winks but apart from (maybe) a post credit sequence I don't see any major appearances.

I feel that the more seperate you keep each individual franchise the more special it is when they do eventually 'assemble'. I would also like to see (although it would be almost impossible to do successfully) each franchise have much more of its own individual character - perhaps seperate genres. (Thor with a fantasy epic feel, Cap as a war film, Ironman as a near future, corporate espionage film, Hulk as a horror film - you could do Dr Strange as a horror flick, Powerman and Ironfist as a exploitation flick, etc, etc).

The idea of trying to mix that all together seems very exicting to me. Mind you, Fiege has said and made the conscious decision to tie the films together in terms of look and tone which is probably the much more sensible approach.

Good point.
The more the characters cross-over and cameo in each others' films, the more diluted the "wow" factor of the Avengers team-ups becomes.

I hope that Bruce Banner appears.. Hulk will drive up the budget, but bruce can consult on the effects of Extremis..

Do I think Hulk will appear? A resounding no.

Do I think Banner will appear? Eh, maybe.

Do I think Banner will be referenced? Absolutely.

Orphix hit the nail on the head: To constantly have these characters working together in their solo films takes so much away from the spectacle of The Avengers.

Marvel isn't dumb. They know that.

Yes, we did get the shot of Banner and Stark driving off together. Yes, Stark made a comment to Banner about how he should visit Stark Tower sometime and that "the top 10 floors are all R & D."

I think we will get a comment about Bruce being holed up in Stark Tower, working on something, while Tony is back in Malibu. It acknowledges what was said in The Avengers, while still respecting the fact that this is an Iron Man story. Not Iron Man and his Amazing Friends with Breathtaking Anger Management Problems.

Main villain is Mandarin he has two lacky villains under his command, he is also working with A.I.M

Hulk has been denied but Banner is likely to cameo.

I think a simple phone call between the two is possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think a simple phone call between the two is possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

That would be awesome. I loved the scientist relationship that formed between these two very distinct personalities. It was one of my favorite parts of the film. I'm all for Banner being included in some way, shape, or form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"