Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

what year is origins set in then?

2. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Loving the drama. Can't wait until people are done with the film over Wolverine's hair or the new X-suits.

Bring on the 70's and a new aesthetic.

3. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

But not tooooo 70s, I hope. Flares were not a good look.

4. JP

JP Smelly

Only thing I'll miss is Mystique's fabulous 60s hair flip.

5. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

She'll have a Farrah Fawcett do in this one :wow:

6. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Loving the sig JP. Quite a lineup. Must be the whitest cast ever though lol.

7. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

I think it's perfect that it seems like the returning X-Men actors won't be in that huge of a role. It would be nice to get short glimpses of the future throughout the film but still keep the spotlight on the First Class actors.

I mean, it is a First Class sequel.

8. JP

JP Smelly

HAHA! Yeah, even worse than First Class! They need to announce a Storm/Bishop stat. :wow:

9. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

10. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I think you're definitely being crazy clouded with bias here. You say there was clear development in the three Batman movies and do you know why you know that?? BECAUSE YOU SAW THE THE FILM AND ARE SAYING THAT NOW. DOFP hasn't even shot a single scene or released any plot info.

In TDK, the movie ended with Batman losing the love of his life. And the TDKR picks up 8 years after this life-altering event. It's exactly the same kind of situation. It's only one thing (Xavier has a few more major developments), but it's significant nonetheless.

And now FOX lied. WOW. Is it really their job to make the sequel exactly how you want it? They need to make sure they only continue the story right after the events of FC and nothing else? They are making DOFP. You're complaining even though IT IS A SEQUEL TO FC... it just happens to also be a continuation of X3.

11. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

There's this great movie that came out a long time ago. The main character went through all these ridiculous, traumatizing events. Then the sequel jumped around 15 years (OH NOES!!) into the future and boohoo we lost all this potential character development. I'll never ever watch that stupid sequel... what's it called again?

Oh right... TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY.

12. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

Hey, flares are awesome :)

70s hair though... I thought that Argo was a great movie but man did that 70s hair look fugly or what.

13. magneto23

magneto23 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a new time period with a whole new feel/style to it. But my only concern, and its a big one, is that Singer/Kinberg will use this as the chance to write out some of the FC characters/actors. I can picture the cheap explanations already. I just don't want to see parts of FC made pointless. If some of them are just dropped like that it becomes "what was the point of those guys?". I hope they keep that cast intact and find roles (no matter how big/small) for those characters. Because for some of them to just be gone in DOFP that wouldn't feel right to me. I really don't see why they would need to recast Till and CLJ because of the 11 year difference. Is it that difficult to make actors in their early 20s appear as characters in their late 20s/pushing 30?

14. georgec

georgec Not a hero

As long as there isn't a flying insect girl spitting fireballs out of her mouth, I'll be fine.

15. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Haha. The FC battle match ups hopefully will be much stronger.

16. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I'm up for an older Banshee and Havok, I just hope they will give them more character development.

Watch the movie first before you jump on conclusion that the movie suck and is going to screw Charles' personal development.

17. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

If they cannot even have a direct X-Men 4 movie after Last Stand, what makes you think they will give the First Class cast a 4th movie and 5th movie.

That seems to be the major concern for this. But I don't think it will be just Professor X and Beast. Even if there's already a couple of students at the Mansion, the 60s X-Men would feel so empty with just 2 people. I don't think Bryan Singer will do that.

18. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

touche! :word:

19. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

is say we can expect more from the first class team in this film then the originals so for any first class fans they won't have to worry i feel

20. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

I think its set in the 80's.

21. night0205

night0205 Well-Known Member

Two views. Three Mile Island Meltdown Accident happened in 1979... but some people think they allowed a secret gov. stryker base to be put there after the accident for some reason...

I think 1979. Unit 2 at the Nuclear Power Plant was the biggest Nuclear meltdown in American history... I think Origins tried to say that Wolverine/Creed/Deadpool caused that meltdown. Sure it was re imagined, like first class re imagined the cuban missile crisis.

22. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

The actual time period that Origins take place in is about as clear as mud. They could not have made it more unclear.

23. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

Yup

24. blueserenity

blueserenity Well-Known Member

We've had our differences but I couldn't agree with you more. Settingthis 10 years later almost invalidates the events and character decisions in First Class. We will still in theory get character development (and ideally of the non-Wolverine variety). But the most interesting stuff will be lost and I imagine left to audiences to fill in the gaps. Bad form.

25. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

First Class was about the origin of Xavier and Magneto.Just as Bryan clearly
    said First Class was clearly prequel he also mentioned this trilogy was Intended to jump decade In each Installment although DOnnor mentioned third film might stay In same decade as second film.

By end of first Class Xavier Is crippled and on path to seek out other mutants
    to teach them and defend a world that hates and fears them.Magneto has helmet and has started bortherhood and on roard to wage war on Humans feeling they will do to mutants as Nazis did to his family.

They are now adapting one of top X-Men storylines ever.Some don't seem to
    get that.

Just because only 4 of first Class actors have been confirmed doesn't mean more Isn't In film.The move to 1973 only raises possibilty of some recasts not that characters won't be back.What part of majority In 1973 do people not
    understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.