Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so furious with the idea of jumping the story 10 years ahead I don't even know what to say. :argh:

Thanks so much for definitely screwing with Charles' personal development, Bryan Singer & writers. Thanks so much for burying First Class and the majority of its characters, Fox. I'm so done with this "sequel". :cmad:

I'm so furious with the idea of jumping the story 10 years ahead I don't even know what to say. :argh:

Thanks so much for definitely screwing with Charles' personal development, Bryan Singer & writers. Thanks so much for burying First Class and the majority of its characters, Fox. I'm so done with this "sequel". :cmad:

I feel u loganbabe, but dont lose all the faith, Bryan and Kimberg still can develop Charles Xavier and give him great scenes.

it wont be right after FC, but he deserve a good role, and Im sure he will have it.

Looks like the film is working under the title "HK Project".

http://www.actramontreal.ca/whats-shooting/

And I guess this means certain members are suddenly going to come after Singer with the same hatred and unwarranted vitriol as they did with Vaughn. :whatever:

Oh good lord! Some of you people are so dramatic. Its like when everyone freaked out that Rises took place eight years after TDK.

You're not going to lose 10 years of character growth if the writing is great. There are plenty of ways to illustrate that after a time jump.

I think it'll be an interesting dynamic!

Oh good lord! Some of you people are so dramatic. Its like when everyone freaked out that Rises took place eight years after TDK.

You're not going to lose 10 years of character growth if the writing is great. There are plenty of ways to illustrate that after a time jump.

Seriously!

one thing is for sure, x-men fans wont ever have the movie each one wishes.

Some fans want one thing, others want another thing, some are dying to see one specific character returning, others dont want that character....

this will happen with ALL the sequels, so we better learn this lesson sooner rather than later.

The highest expectations, the bigger dissapointment.

one thing is for sure, x-men fans wont ever have the movie each one wishes.

Some fans want one thing, others want another thing, some are dying to see one specific character returning, others dont want that character....

this will happen with ALL the sequels, so we better learn this lesson sooner rather than later.

The highest expectations, the bigger dissapointment.

Not me. I just want a good film. That's all that matters.

Agreed. This release is so far away, it's much too soon to be quitting on it when we still have so few details. I am withholding judgement until I've at least seen a trailer.

X-Men first class:1962

X-Men days of future past:1973/2013

Eleven years not ten.

LOL I love when people say "I'm done with this film" when they read something they don't like, because you know full well they'll be first in line upon it's release!

I really don't see what one thing has to do with the other. :huh:

In the Batman franchise, there was a clear development of the main character in three films. It's not as if TDK ended with Batman being shot, with dramatic consequences, and in the next film years later it's like nothing happened. It's not as if Batman had a sister whom he adored who decided to join the dark side, and in the next film years later she's already one of his worst enemies and is trying to kill him, and we don't even know what exactly happened that caused that transition. It's not like secondary characters like Alfred and Gordon were dropped because the new film had no use for them.

If the next X-Men film jumps ten years ahead, all the dramatic events in First Class will have lost their meaning. We'll never get to see the transition and all the major changes that happened to the three main characters. I can't think of a worst scenario for a sequel. Was there a 10-year gap between X-Men and X2? No, we saw the main characters changing/evolving!

I just wish Fox was honest about dropping First Class and its universe for good, if they wanted so much to make a X4. :csad:

im sure singer won't forget first class in DOFP and with Jennifer Lawrence in the film there will probably be some connection between charles and raven they will explore, for good or for bad, and maybe something with raven and beast

don't lose hope yet

if this its true, I guess the plan since day one was that suggested prequel trilogy being set in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

I dont understand why some studios feel soo limited with the concept of a trilogy, when with universes like X-men they could do 4 or even 5 movies with the same cast, like the FC one.

a 10 years jump would have been better for the third part, since we would have already two movies where young Charles, Eric, Mystique and Beast were developed perfectly. With the important transition each one needed. And from that point, they could have jumped a whole decade if want it. With the third part in the 70's and the fourth one on the 80's.

Some fans keep saying: They wont do fourth movies with the same cast.

But they clearly forget this is Hollywood, and the studios can do whatever they want with the right budget.

And this right sequel is just the prove, having Hugh Jackman playing Logan by the seventh time, Patrick the fifth time and Ian, Anna and Shawn the fourth time.

They could easily do a large series with the full FC cast, but I have the feeling they will limit theirselfs with just a trilogy.

Such a shame, having amazing actors like James McAvoy, Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence.

Seriusly people.This Is X-Men:days of future Past not X-Men:First Class 2.They have to adopt the DOFP story with some of cool moments from comic storyline as Bryan said.Plus play some clean up to better get the films flowing together.Plus some are consently advocating for new characters to be added.

There will be character devolpment.But it will be about where first Class characters are now not where the previous film left off.Plus the fuutre scenes have to show how characters are dealing with future.

Bryan,matthew Vaughn,and Simon Kinberg all key members of first Class team are behind this film.I think If you liked first Class you should give them some faith.

If they drop Banshee and Havok (which I hope they don't), and adding Cyclops, Jean, and Storm aren't options (which I hope they are), what's the team going to be made up of? Just Beast?

exactly.

if they are planning to introduce young Scott and Jean, even if they shouldnt, I really hope at least Havok stays.

To have young Havok on the prequel and drop him to introduce his brother on the sequel feels just stupid. like.... really stupid.

This would be the very first time the x-men franchise uses a brothers relationship, and that would give both Cyclops and Havok a great arc on the franchise, something they really deserve.

im sure singer won't forget first class in DOFP and with Jennifer Lawrence in the film there will probably be some connection between charles and raven they will explore, for good or for bad, and maybe something with raven and beast don't lose hope yet
With a ten-year gap, anything that might have happened between them will simply be past, gone. I understand that the transition between Raven and Charles' "best friend/family" to "I-don't-even-care-if-you-die" enemy is a complicated one to deal with, so to the writers and Singer it seems that "ten years later" is a convenient solution to sweep everything under the rug. :csad:

I'm still hopeful that the 1973 date is a mistake.

in any case, Im sure Charles wont be bald since the very beggining.

James said he and Kimberg discussed about it and making it a big plot twist, so..... at least Charles will have an important scene on the movie.

Appart from being.... you know, the leader of the x-men and the man to make them avoid the tragic event from the past that generated the apocaliptic future.

Charles will have a great role, loganbabe, dont worry about it.

I'll never understand the logic of giving up on a film before a single frame is shot...

It seems like it's been clear for awhile, since they announced they were going with the Days of Future Past storyline and including members of the original trilogy's cast, that this wasn't going to be a direct sequel to First Class. Why the shock and outrage now?

exactly.

if they are planning to introduce young Scott and Jean, even if they shouldnt, I really hope at least Havok stays.

To have young Havok on the prequel and drop him to introduce his brother on the sequel feels just stupid. like.... really stupid.

This would be the very first time the x-men franchise uses a brothers relationship, and that would give both Cyclops and Havok a great arc on the franchise, something they really deserve.

Unlikely to drop Havok and Banshee.More likely they will recast them.COnsidering George Lucas jumped 10 years with Attack of the Clones but keep natalie Portman there Is still possibilty of Caleb Laundry Jones,Lucas Till,and January Jones returning.

Since Origins Is cannon Cyclops will not be In 1973.

First Class was about the Xavier and Magneto backstory.This Is about adopting DOfP and connecting films.They may not want to address the relationship between Cyclops and havok because they are In a damned If they dp or damned If they don't

Some questioned doing a X-men film set In 1960's with only 1 of original X-men and that turned out pretty well.

Seriusly people.This Is X-Men:days of future Past not X-Men:First Class 2.
Well, it was sold as a sequel to First Class. Like I said, I wish Fox had been more honest about this. The truth is, there's a whole group of new fans of the First Class universe and its characters who couldn't care less about the other films. Those are the ones who will feel cheated.

I just wish Fox was honest about dropping First Class and its universe for good, if they wanted so much to make a X4. :csad:

So now Fox and co are lying and deceiving you? :huh:

There's nothing they have to be "honest" about other than the fact that they are currently adapting Days of Future Past.

Well, it was sold as a sequel to First Class. Like I said, I wish Fox had been more honest about this. The truth is, there's a whole group of new fans of the First Class universe and its characters who couldn't care less about the other films. Those are the ones who will feel cheated.

Doesn't "Most of the film will take place in 1973" scream FIRST CLASS sequel to you? :huh:

as much as I want to see young Scott and Jean on the new series, I hope they keep them for the third part, in the 80's or late 70's.

to include them on this sequel would be another continuity error, so, lets hope for the best.

yesterday I was a bit dissapointed, but wow Im interested in the new additions to the 70's team :D

99% sure there will be a new girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"