Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a big possibility that they won't. Bryan Singer said he is not ignoring any films, why do DOFP just to wipe out other films at the end of the movie.

Because of how this story will revolve its situation its def gonna be switched up. He also said hes gonna do some cleaning up.

Hes not gonna reveal the twist on how everything will be changed at the end. We know they are dealing with differentmultiverses. They cant bring Jean and Scott back without creating a new history for them and they need at least Summers back.

Because of how this story will revolve its situation its def gonna be switched up. He also said hes gonna do some cleaning up.

Hes not gonna reveal the twist on how everything will be changed at the end. We know they are dealing with different multiverses. They cant bring Jean and Scott back without creating a new history for them and they need at least Summers back.

Cleaning-up doesn't mean removing the existence of the Original Trilogy and The Wolverine.

guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?

:awesome:

Fox, Singer and Lauren cant miss such an epic opportunity

Needs more Deadpool and Psylocke :o

but yeah all these heads in DOFP are gonna be pretty friggen awesome...add to the fact they will be fighting sentinels and the Hobbit will not be getting my money for awhile.

Last edited:
guys, stoping the discussing for a second, just take a look at this, and tell me, who wouldnt be really excited to see this whole cast together on screen again?

LOL! I could live without Cyclops and Beast for X4 and replace them with less developed characters like Angel and Colossus. But thats a fantastic line-up! Plus add 1 new addition to the team like Psylocke would make it perfect.

of course I want Angel and Kut too! lol But the image couldnt appear in full on any site, lol

Its a big possibility that they won't. Bryan Singer said he is not ignoring any films, why do DOFP just to wipe out other films at the end of the movie.

To reset the timeline doesn't mean you're ignoring anything. It means you're creating a reality separate from that of the original trilogy and the Wolverine films in order to serve your story and add a great amount of creative freedom to your ongoing franchise.

To reset the timeline doesn't mean you're ignoring anything. It means you're creating a reality separate from that of the original trilogy and the Wolverine films in order to serve your story and add a great amount of creative freedom to your ongoing franchise.
Exactly. The whole point of resetting the timeline is so that you wouldn't have to ignore the original films, but still be free to do whatever you want in the future. Basically rebooting without having to actually reboot.

Take out Kitsch(although I liked him in John Carter)and Berry and I would be happy.

really?

Hugh, James and Taylor on the same movie as Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit would be pretty epic, at least to me

Exactly. The whole point of resetting the timeline is so that you wouldn't have to ignore the original films, but still be free to do whatever you want in the future. Basically rebooting without having to actually reboot.

Well said.

marv, no comment on the cast photo?

would you be excited with the full cast back?

marv, no comment on the cast photo?

would you be excited with the full cast back?

I would if it was a coherent sequel. I'm not crazy about the studio spending 200 million on a sequel that has no connection to the main franchise. I'd rather that money go into a sequel where McAvoy & Fassbender's story continues. Where Cyclops can lead the X-Men & Jean, Storm, Beast & Gambit comprise the team. Hell, after Days of Future Past changes the timeline, Wolverine can join the X-Men now.

Were already getting most those people in DOFP anyways. The fact they are adapting DOFP is way more exciting, at least to me. The only two stories that will get me hyped up as much as this would be AOA or an Uncanny X Force flick.

There gonna need to pull something crazy together to beat the hype this flick will get when the trailers start dropping.

Last edited:
Were already getting most those people in DOFP anyways. The fact they are adapting DOFP is way more exciting, at least to me. The only two stories that will get me hyped up as much as this would be AOA or an Uncanny X Force flick.

There gonna need to pull something crazy together to beat the hype this flick will get when the trailers start dropping.

Exactly. Toss Berry or Marsden into the mix, along with one or two more returning or new actors, and the Days of Future Past cast is already better than the one pictured above, in my opinion, which is why I don't understand this talk that audiences will suddenly and perpetually lose their minds if members of the original cast return for X-Men "4, 5, 6," etc. We'll just have to see what they set up, when the cards land.

Yeah, This is the film to be hyped for. If anything the next film wont have as big of a cast. The DOFP cast is already insane. Those FC actors have really been gaining alot of popularity and credibility since FC was released.

Last edited:

I'd rather them do something completely new, to be honest, with new characters and/or new actors. Shake things up and make the franchise fresh again, rather than drag out the same old cast. DoFP looks too much like nostalgia-fest already for my liking, even though I understand that the old cast is necessary for the DoFP storyline.

FOX considers the box-office power of the cast of the original trilogy. The reason why they brought back the original cast is to gain money. They saw how big the Avengers was and now they mixing the cast of the original cast and First Class. I see the logic of FOX trying to sell the First Class cast by teaming them up with the cast of the OT. If this movie ends very well at the box-office because of the returning cast of the original trilogy, FOX might just want to move with the original cast and stop making movies with the cast of First Class.

They're bringing in the old cast to make a big movie, yes. But what makes this a big movie is the combination of the two casts and an epic generations-spanning storyline. The old cast on their own is a completely different proposition. To use The Avengers example, I don't think that anyone is really expecting Iron Man 3 to make the same numbers as The Avengers.

I do wonder what they're planning next, with the franchises tending to go bigger bigger BIGGER all the time rather than downscaling.

Last edited:
Lol if Bryan Singer had to tweet that Taylor Kitsch is returning as Gambit, il bee super EXCITIED!!

I think he did a good job with the character, in a film that just sucked! They obviously would have to redesign him, change his clothes, give him the black and red eyes, although I don't think Kitsch can do a Cajun accent, so I guess that will have to be my only little grimace.

But if that's the cast, I would be pleased! Especially if u think about the possibilities when it comes to action. Storm and Gambit in a fight against the Sentinels would be Awesome!!

Yeah, This is the film to be hyped for. If anything the next film wont have as big of a cast. The DOFP cast is already insane. Those FC actors have really been gaining alot of popularity and credibility since FC was released.

Most def. Lawrence is up for another Oscar, McAvoy is headlining Boyle's Trance & Fassbender will probably land Oscar Nominations for either 12 Years a Slave or The Counselor. They screwed him over with Shame but won't be able to next year. Hoult's also headlining with Warm Bodies & Jack The Giant Slayer plus a supporting role in Mad Max: Fury Road.

I can't wait to see those four evolve in this new series.

FOX considers the box-office power of the cast of the original trilogy. The reason why they brought back the original cast is to gain money. They saw how big the Avengers was and now they mixing the cast of the original cast and First Class. I see the logic of FOX trying to sell the First Class cast by teaming them up with the cast of the OT. If this movie ends very well at the box-office because of the returning cast of the original trilogy, FOX might just want to move with the original cast and stop making movies with the cast of First Class. Plus with movies set in the past, they would keep re-introducing characters. But with the present timeline, with the cast of original trilogy, they could do so much more.

FOX doesn't need to "sell" the First Class cast. Not with the actors they have leading it. I don't see FOX dropping the FC series in favor of the decade old originals. IMO post DOFP will be FC or FC and X4. They have JL, JM, and MF locked up for a 3rd film. You think FOX is throwing that away?

FOX doesn't need to "sell" the First Class cast. Not with the actors they have leading it. I don't see FOX dropping the FC series in favor of the decade old originals. IMO post DOFP will be FC or FC and X4. They have JL, JM, and MF locked up for a 3rd film. You think FOX is throwing that away?

Yeah, people are being thrown off by the involvement of the old cast in this. This is still very much a sequel to First Class. The second chapter of the McAvoy/Fassbender series. A follow up would most definitely be the third film in that series & not a sequel with the old cast in an alternate reality.

This is the closest we're getting to an X4 in that we get to see what happened to the cast of X3.

Yeah, people are being thrown off by the involvement of the old cast in this. This is still very much a sequel to First Class. The second chapter of the McAvoy/Fassbender series. A follow up would most definitely be the third film in that series & not a sequel with the old cast in an alternate reality.
I think they will throw something at us with a modern team, they seem to really wanna expand on their universe. Not everyone can exist in the past, but yeah I really dont think it will be anything regarding a follow up to the old trilogy and doubt the FC crew will be left in the dust.
This is the closest we're getting to an X4 in that we get to see what happened to the cast of X3.
Exactly. Both casts are in place and its a follow up on both series.

I'd rather them do something completely new, to be honest, with new characters and/or new actors. Shake things up and make the franchise fresh again, rather than drag out the same old cast. DoFP looks too much like nostalgia-fest already for my liking, even though I understand that the old cast is necessary for the DoFP storyline.

And they've been doing prequels since 2008 and now they are currently working in a cross-over movie. Something old and familiar wouldn't be a bad idea for the next movie after DOFP.

Well the box-office performance of First Class was definitely not overwhelming to begin with. Even if all of the FC actors won an Academy Award next year but if they cannot manage to outgross the other X-Men movies, I don't think FOX would be satisfied with that and it doesn't look good for the franchise. If this movie is just a straight-up sequel to First Class, without the cast of original trilogy, this movie wouldn't even have this kind of buzz right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"