Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the blue/yellow outfits were fine. Not as good as black leather, but suitable. :)

It's interesting to ponder what exactly will happen in this film, including what Magneto's costume will be like, whether Emma Frost will deliver a better performance, which Brotherhood will return, and what we will be left with at the end of the story.

A friend of mine raised a concern that this might be another Superman Returns in honouring the best of the previous films without launching a fresh new way forwards. But if the studio wants a 'shared universe', hopefully we will be left with something exciting and hopeful at the end of the film.

It's interesting to ponder what exactly will happen in this film, including what Magneto's costume will be like, whether Emma Frost will deliver a better performance, which Brotherhood will return, and what we will be left with at the end of the story.

A friend of mine raised a concern that this might be another Superman Returns in honouring the best of the previous films without launching a fresh new way forwards. But if the studio wants a 'shared universe', hopefully we will be left with something exciting and hopeful at the end of the film.

I'm hoping we get to see a time traveling Nimrod. I'd expect members of the brotherhood to meet their demise...it would be quite fitting as Nimrod was responsible for the deaths of several members of the hellfire club in the comics...

I'm starting to think that some of the lesser 'First Class' characters like Angel won't come back. I always saw some of the X-Men and 'Brotherhood/Hell' members as either mostly cannon fodder or just interchangeable filler characters. Well the ones with no real character anyway. If Riptide doesn't come back I don't think anyone's gonna cry.

Nah, we'll be fine. Have fun with your Twilight Spider-Man movies though.

To be fair I like the Amazing-Spidey cast. It's just the approach to the story wast great. And it wasn't like the X films had a winning steak with x3 and Wolverine either.

I'm starting to think that some of the lesser 'First Class' characters like Angel won't come back. I always saw some of the X-Men and 'Brotherhood/Hell' members as either mostly cannon fodder or just interchangeable filler characters. Well the ones with no real character anyway. If Riptide doesn't come back I don't think anyone's gonna cry.

A lot has changed since FC came out with the biggest thing being Vaughan not directing anymore. If considerable time has passed since FC, some Brotherhood members not returning is believable, same with Havok and Banshee. I can see them being replaced with Scott, Jean and Storm.

The future Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Xavier, Magneto may die in the opening DoFP sequence only to have their past selves be warned by future traveler (Rogue?), so they are actually fighting for survival in their present timeline to stop the Sentinels from ever happening. Ahh! There are so many possibilities, and my head is going to explode!

To be fair I like the Amazing-Spidey cast. It's just the approach to the story wast great. And it wasn't like the X films had a winning steak with x3 and Wolverine either.

He's strictly talking Singer's movies though.

They need to get rid of Singer before this train wreck happens.

Too late, they just got rid of the other guy...

I think FOX realized the err of their past ways, rather than letting reboot fiends dictate the approach...

In other words...keep on trollin'!

:word:

Dont know if its been posted but Azazels pretty much confirmed. Around 35 sec.

Sounds like he also slips up on Vaughn directing Star Wars possibly.

[YT]DbTYiX5A3Bk[/YT]

Last edited:
Dont know if its been posted but Azazels pretty much confirmed. Around 35 sec.

Sounds like he also slips up on Vaughn directing Star Wars possibly.

[YT]DbTYiX5A3Bk[/YT]
Awesome! :yay:

So is Wolverine going to be in this movie?
He has to be, too many people (like me) are going to teh film just to see him. :) They would be insane not to have him even if it's only a small part.

Hmmm so far, from the cast of First Class. Bryan Singer has only announced that McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence and the guy who played Beast are going to comeback. I wonder if Lucas Till, January Jones and the guy who played Banshee are going to comeback, I want them to comeback!

I thought Singer made it clear without spelling it out. It's gonna be the blue/yellow outfits.

We still don't know if the uniforms of the mutants from the future will be the same as the costumes of the 60s X-Men.

Yeah, Banshee/the actor better be coming back. He was my favorite character in First Class.

Considering that X-Men: First Class underperformed, getting Wolverine in the movie in a major role would be a good way to get its numbers higher.

Considering that X-Men: First Class underperformed, getting Wolverine in the movie in a major role would be a good way to get its numbers higher.

Under-performed is a debatable word to use actually. It had no major stars including none of the previous x-men stars attached and it was coming off a very un-well received x-men film in origins.

If it really had underperformed we wouldn't be seeing this sequel being made.

Hence putting Wolverine back to make the numbers a lot higher. Face it, Wolverine is the main draw of this franchise. Put him in there and this movie will likely do over $200 million.

And yes it underperformed. Underperforming movies have still gotten sequels, there is precedence for this: GI JOE for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"