Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it didn't really underperform. It was competing with alot of films which are done in 3D though and that tends to double the BO.

Still, lets not get back into the box office type debates again! I love where this movie is going! Getting Bryan back was a wise decision.

Considering that X-Men: First Class underperformed, getting Wolverine in the movie in a major role would be a good way to get its numbers higher.

FC is the second most grossing x-men movie internationally, so I doubt Fox thinks it underperformed

Domestically, it had the lowest boxoffice, yes, but to deny international success would be a wrong move by the studio.

This franchise is on its best moment after X2. The potential of DOFP is really important.

i can't see wolverine having a big role for this film if he is indeed in it, but it doesn't need to be all FOX needs is shots of wolverine for the trailer and promo pictures and they will get the audience

all they really need is some dialogue from wolverine, a fight scene with wolverine and sentinals then FOX can milk it for all its worth

Wolvie has been the focal point of all these movies (sans XFC), so I know there's some objections to him being the time traveller, but he's fun, so I say go for it. Hugh still loves the character and he nails it, even in the movies that aren't so great, so I say give him another go around and with his new movie and this, he could really say goodbye to the character on a good streak.

He needs to be in the film, as far as I'm concerned, but they should not waste him as the time traveler, when it would be much more exciting to see him fighting Sentinels in the future.

So who would you have time travelling?

I'd rather the more easily swallowed idea of Xavier communicating with himself through cerebro, OR transferring his mind to McXavier.

If there's a time traveller who actually physically travels back in time, it would be better to have someone who could fit in with the young FC crew. Wolverine is just too old for them IMO, if they must have him in the movie at all just keep him in the future rather than hanging around with a bunch of 20-year-olds.

FC is the second most grossing x-men movie internationally, so I doubt Fox thinks it underperformed

Domestically, it had the lowest boxoffice, yes, but to deny international success would be a wrong move by the studio.

This franchise is on its best moment after X2. The potential of DOFP is really important.
So what? It was the lowest grossing domestic X-Men film ever. The point is putting Wolverine in the movie would give it much bigger box office numbers.

No one's denying that about wolverine its just whether First Class really was viewed by Fox as a disappointment?

Seeing as a sequel was commissioned pretty soon afterwards i'd say they didn't. Fox knew coming in that FC was not gonna make money in the realm of an X3. It's all about meeting expectations they set out. Domestic was probably lower than what they would have liked but the international numbers likely made that up to them in their minds.

wolverine can be in it, doesn't mean he has to have a leading role, i mean look at cyclops in the last stand which they included him in the trailer and poster but he had perhaps 10 min of screen time, so its not beyond FOX to do so

and its not like every film wolverine has been in has been critically successful

Has it been confirmed that Vaughn is staying on as producer or has he left the project altogether?

wolverine can be in it, doesn't mean he has to have a leading role, i mean look at cyclops in the last stand which they included him in the trailer and poster but he had perhaps 10 min of screen time, so its not beyond FOX to do so

and its not like every film wolverine has been in has been critically successful

EXACTLY.

I find curious how some people seem to think that Hugh being in the sequel would mean huge money for itself.

It that was the case, XO Wolverine would have had 500$ millions or more. But neither X3 or Wolverine had 500 millions. Both Ironman movies were bigger than X-men films, so by that info, Robert is a bigger star than Hugh right now.

A x-men sequel can be a big success without Hugh/Wolverine. It just has to be the right moment. A sequel to a good movie, mainly. With a bigger scope and bigger name for some of its actors.

First Class was the first movie with a whole new cast, so NO WAY it was gonna do more than X2, X3 or even Wolverine, the fourth movie with Hugh Jackman. So its totally unfair and kind of stupid to expect same numbers. Both by the studio and fans.

Days of future will be a success with or without Hugh. But I know some fans wont agree with that. Of course Hugh would mean good press, but a x-men sequel with both casts and long awaited SENTINELS will bring money, even in the case Hugh wasnt in it.

I accept Wolverine has a place on this sequel, only because of the storyarc, but he doesnt deserve the lead role on this movie, so I really hope Bryan creates a perfect balance this time. I really really hope so.

I'm a huge WOLVERINE fan and love how Hugh has portrayed him. And even I think DOFP should not be a movie in which Wolverine is the main star.

Should he play an integral role? I think he should, just based the comic version of this story. He was a major player in the comic without really stealing the spotlight...except for cutting up a few of the Sentinels :D

I love the X-Men and just about every aspect of the team and comics with a few exceptions, a part of that is loving the Wolverine character while he is not my favorite X character he is up there and I think it would be nice to have him in some role in the film...I want other X-Men to shine.

Why does this movie's news just get better and better?!

Never thought I'd be hyped for an Xmen film again. STOP BRYAN STOP!

I hope logan is in it as his older self, with the bomber coat and the white patches.

At this point singer is the Xfactor for me, he'll either nail it like he kinda did with X2 or ...Returns it.
I'd be so bloody excited if this was Vaughn. But Singer will do.

Why does this movie's news just get better and better?!

Never thought I'd be hyped for an Xmen film again. STOP BRYAN STOP!

I agree, STOP BRYAN STOP.
Although for me it just feels like every piece of news that comes out gets worse and worse...

Why couldn't they just make a bloody XMFC sequel, rather than X4?????? I'm so furious right now it's not even funny. I don't know how people can be excited about this, did we even see the same movie? I'm really not sure how a movie starring Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart can still keep the focus on the First Class crew. What a failure this movie is turning out to be.

I agree, STOP BRYAN STOP.
Although for me it just feels like every piece of news that comes out gets worse and worse...

Why couldn't they just make a bloody XMFC sequel, rather than X4?????? I'm so furious right now it's not even funny. I don't know how people can be excited about this, did we even see the same movie? I'm really not sure how a movie starring Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart can still keep the focus on the First Class crew. What a failure this movie is turning out to be.
Maybe you should read DoFP and have all your questions answered.

I hope logan is in it as his older self, with the bomber coat and the white patches.

At this point singer is the Xfactor for me, he'll either nail it like he kinda did with X2 or ...Returns it.
I'd be so bloody excited if this was Vaughn. But Singer will do.

Well with Returns, He wanted to make a Donnor/Reeve Superman film.

He wasn't trying to make a new take on Superman. He was living out his childhood dream.

I may not like Superman Returns, but I understand what he was trying to do.

Anyways, I'm very excited for this. I think Singer will do a great job. IMO, he hasn't let us down before.

and with the fantastic cast he's building, he'd half to be a huge idiot to mess this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"