Bryan Singer takes on Red Sonja

I am Diana Prince, hear me roar.

chyna.jpg

THAT is why I'm glade they chose a woman (Rose McGowen) to play Red Sonja and not a man/woman/beast like Chyna. :hehe:

I don't really get all the Rose hate anyway I think she will do fine and bear in mind that those promo pics were before she had ever stepped foot in a gym or started training for the movie. I think she'll do fine. She just needs to tone up and get a tan.

A grow 5 inches taller...
Have you ever seen X-Men (they made James Marsden about 5-7 inches taller) and Elijah Wood is actually the size of a hobbit he just plays one. :whatever: Why is everyone making it seem like they are just pigeon holed if they don't get someone who is exactly the hieght of the comic book character. I don't remember Wolverine being 6 foot but Hugh Jackman played him at that hieght and no one seemed to mind. As long as she can play the part I'll be happy.:cwink:

^Oh calm down, lol. Making someone shrink on camera is MUCH MUCH EASIER than making someone appear taller.

wear less

Any less and she'd be walking around naked.

^Is that a bad thing?

Anyway why would it be any harder to make someone shrink than it would to make them taller? You've never seen Godzilla or Cloverfield have you? lol

OK, so how do you suppose to make her statuesque including the scenes where the other actors in their natural size are interacting with her?

There is this thing called a box. :woot:

I loved it when Cruise was married to Kidman and they would get photographed together and she towered over him

Box or not, what about widescreen shots? :oldrazz: She can't be 5'10 in one scene and a lilliputian in another.

But anyway... I wonder how long is it til we get a trailer or better quality pictures.

That didn't work too well for Halle Berry.

Just curious but...how does acting her ass off make up for being short?

Rose just looks scrawny, it's going to be a hard sell.

I wasnt and im assuming you think im saying that her acting makes up for her being shorter than the character and stating it as a fact. What i was trying to say is that if you give a performance that is worthy enough of the character the her shortness wont matter even though the character is larger than the actress portaying it. So if rose gives a performance that was anything like when she turned into The Goddess of War then this movie is doomed and will suck. however its kinda doomed from the get go because robert rodriguez is working on it and Rose Mcgowan isnt all that great of an actress. So yea.. lol hope my point is kinda more clear now
My bad. :o

here's a manip i did. I'm not really a fan of the costume(or lack thereof) in the movie so I did a more comic version.

Red_Sonja_by_sonLUC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"