Bryan Singer takes on Red Sonja

^ditto. He should have directed. I bet he was afriad he would get the lable of giving his girlfriends staring roles to all his films.

Now that I think about it I want to say he dated selma hayek around the time DTD came out.

I think he was married around the time FDTD came out. I believe the director of Red Sonja was a co-director on most of Rodriguez's projects so we could possibly still get the same feel and/or atmosphere as one of Rodriguez's pics.

+ RR said at ComicCon that he'll direct some scenes.

^ditto. He should have directed. I bet he was afriad he would get the lable of giving his girlfriends staring roles to all his films.

Now that I think about it I want to say he dated selma hayek around the time DTD came out.

so you're saying that he might have cheated on his wife NUMEROUS of times, besides Rose? I think it's possible. That sucks, though.

bigger size does not equal strength. nor does being big make you any better of a fighter then someone smaller. when it comes to fighting it's all about skill.

No, but its about believability/credibility. I don't want to see a woman who's arm is the same size as the sword swing it around and the marketeers telling me she is the best warrior woman there ever was. I see Hudson Leick and Adrienne Wilkinson playing dress up. Even Gabrielle looks tougher than that, much tougher.

how dare you choose to post the worst pic of callisto in a position that makes her look EXTREMELY SKINNY. the woman playing callisto had abes and better arm muscle definition then rose could dream!

Abs? What abs? Arm muscle definition?! What arm muscle definition?! I had arms like that when I was 12.

This is arm muscle definition:

Mar2006d.jpg

00248.jpg

This is not:

callistoclassic.jpg

necessaryevil_04.jpg

Its not a matter of picking "the worst picture". Its was an action shot. If someone's rib cage start poking out when they start fighting, or when they lift their arm and I can see their tendons, than that's a problem.

As skinny as Hudson Leick was, her ACTING skills managed to convince me that she was portraying a warrior. Her "fighting style" was also based a bit more on athleticism/gymnastics which seemed to fit her thinner frame.

Her acting only gave me reminders of shrieking cats :oldrazz: She just did not convince me that she could beat Lucy Lawless up.

Last edited:
As far as I know yes but I haven't heard much about it for a long time. I wonder what's taking so long for a trailer?

As far as I know yes but I haven't heard much about it for a long time. I wonder what's taking so long for a trailer?

They've not started filming yet, the only part of the cast announced so far is McGowan

Really?! I thought they had a long time ago! They really need to get on the ball if they want it to be released in 2009.

No, but its about believability/credibility. I don't want to see a woman who's arm is the same size as the sword swing it around and the marketeers telling me she is the best warrior woman there ever was. I see Hudson Leick and Adrienne Wilkinson playing dress up. Even Gabrielle looks tougher than that, much tougher.

then that's your lack of ability to use your imagination, don't blame the writers. it's not like she was portrayed as some powerhouse [unlike xena]. she was mostly shown to be an extremely fast, agile fighter who fought extremely dirty. it was only when she became a goddess was she shown to be a powerhouse....which kind of comes with being a god.

Abs? What abs? Arm muscle definition?! What arm muscle definition?! I had arms like that when I was 12.

she has great abes, look at xena warrior princess sacrifice part 1 and 2.

This is arm muscle definition:

Mar2006d.jpg

00248.jpg

that's not muscle definition that looks more like arm obesity.

Its not a matter of picking "the worst picture". Its was an action shot. If someone's rib cage start poking out when they start fighting, or when they lift their arm and I can see their tendons, than that's a problem.[/quote]

nice try conny mc con artist. out of all the action shots you CLEARLY purposely chose a shot that showed hudson looking her most skinniest. u make me sick!

Yeah Megan Fox??? The bloody idiots!! I like the idea of Rachel Nichols and Diora Baird though.

Megan looked great as a redhead in that Hope & Faith TV show but there are HUNDREDS of actresses more suited for this role.

she has great abes, look at xena warrior princess sacrifice part 1 and 2.

that's not muscle definition that looks more like arm obesity.

Yeah, Renee O'Connor did have great abs in some episodes of Xena. That picture above doesn't have great arm definition. She needs to be more cut to have real muscle definition. She looks great in Ark, but that web series still isn't available.

Millennium To Produce Female-Strong ‘Red Sonja’ With Cinelou

EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Media will finance and produce a new version of Red Sonja and is looking to it as a new franchise for the company. The project will be produced by Millennium’s Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta alongside Cinelou’s Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon. They are fast-tracking this project and next will hire a writer.

“We have been waiting for the right time for this remake,” said Lerner, “and with the success of Wonder Woman, the audience has spoken. They want female heroes.”

Looks like a new Red Sonja movie is in the works, and I have a feeling it won't star Rose McGowan.

Fairly decent probably. Not 100% certain of course, but a good possibility.

Finally back on track.

Whoa. I didn't know threads stayed around this long here. Threads from cancelled TV shows no longer here but Red Sonja thread from long ago still here? If a good movie I'm game to watch.

There's another movie in development with some lady in the jungle with dinosaurs kind of sounded similar to this (can't remember name). Which one seems more likely to be made?

Last edited:
Nothing is ever 100 gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"