Budget...Rising?!

James"007"Bond said:
There's always a glimmer of hope that things will get better and regarding the comics this is sometimes the case. I'm a fan of the character of spider-man but I'm no consumer ****e. I've never bought the spidey movies on dvd and I sure as hell dont buy all that merchandising crap. The games and comics are the only things I'll buy.

heh

that's good and all.... but with the decline of Spider-Man's plot and half thought out writing durring the mid-late 90's wouldn't that make anyone who read during those years a consumer ****e? that is unless you liked the comic those years.. which would make it an objective question... so by that logic... how does buying the Spider-man Dvd's if you liked the movies make you a consumer ****e?

the best proof of consumer ****es are the Star Wars fans that have bought every edition of the trilogy.

I can't believe they keep buying into Lucas

I didn't like the spidey movies but just because its spidey, I wasn't going to appease and buy them, hell no.
As for the comics, at that time during the 90s, I did a lot of in store comic reading.

Bottom line, the Spidey comics have been lame ever since the 80's. They're ridiculous. Raimi made the right choice to stick to the original version. If Venom shows up, it's merely a concilliatory bone thrown out to you young ones.

(There. That should stir up a little controversy.)

The comic book guy at my comic shop doesn't allow "store reading." Those bastards have a sign in their window that says..."Read After You Buy." He's wicked I tell ya...wicked.

Visionary said:
The comic book guy at my comic shop doesn't allow "store reading." Those bastards have a sign in their window that says..."Read After You Buy." He's wicked I tell ya...wicked.

"this is not a lending library"

Spawn187 said:
Great find Cmill. ppl are spoiled by sfx these days they no longer care about the art. Good example would be King kong which was hype because of the effects invovled and nothing more.

Exaclty!!! kING KONG WAS CRAP!!

many film makers forget that CGI and visual effects all together or TOOLS by which a movie can be made to look more realistic or believable.

too many directors have fallen into the cliche of making a movie a "spectacle for the eyes" which, in their defence, works because a lot of people like pretty colors and cool effects... but when these TOOLS become the crutch & hook of a movie.. that's a problem.

To be fair to Peter Jackson. There was a lot of visual work done for LOTR before any CGI was used, and king Kong (the original) was meant to be a visual spectacle.. so he was being very true to the source material.

How many SFX shots is there supposed to be? I believe Spidey 2 had around 800 or so last I read......

Pickle-El said:
How many SFX shots is there supposed to be? I believe Spidey 2 had around 800 or so last I read......

Check the FAQ thread. I know it had a report about it being over 1,000.

its like they make every set out of gold...then paint over it to make it look normal

haha if a movie costs 1billion to make
they should scrap the movie and pay scientists to make a real spidey

xwolverine2 said:
soon it will cost 1billion dollars for SM5

lol it will never cost that much to make a movie. If that happened, the studio would never break even and the movie would be considered a failure no matter how good the movie is crtically.

hmm back in the 70's.. if you told someone a movie would cost over 10million dollars. they would think it was the most epic movie ever

sooo.
maybe one day.. but the day that happens

one of 2 things have happened

1. we're grossly over populated

2. the economy is doing amazing

Reikowolf said:
hmm back in the 70's.. if you told someone a movie would cost over 10million dollars. they would think it was the most epic movie ever

sooo.
maybe one day.. but the day that happens

one of 2 things have happened

1. we're grossly over populated

2. the economy is doing amazing

That will be a very long time from now. Nowadays the BO isnt doing so well so no studio in there right mind will spend so much $$ to make a film. Unless what you listed ever came true lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"