X3' Budget: Into Hugh's and Halle's wallet?

Majik1387 said:
If i remember correctly a long time ago,a report came out with how much each person cost.
Halle Berry got 20-25 million, Hugh Jackman got 15-18 mil, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan got around 12-15, Famke 9-13 mil, Anna, Shawn, and Aaron 5-8 mil, and James got 2 mil.

Halle only recently was able to reach a top asking price of 14 million, so wherever you got that has its info screwed up.

gambitfire said:
The way you 2 go about i'd swear you put blood sweat and tears into this movie.

You ppl think you can learn to take things without being so deffensive offensive. Talk about painting it all black and white.

How about you go back and re read the post. :)

No, just sick of people coming up with half assed and nonsensical reasons just so they can hear themselves complain more. If people actually took the time look things up and read things clearly, this never would have happened.

gambitfire said:
In the end a certain percentage of budget money ends up in the cast Spectre. ;)

And this is a perfect example. If you would have read what I said and not looked so quickly for something to chastise, you would have noticed that I pointed out that a large cast still would have taken up a good chunk of change, and that it's ridiculous to blame only two of those actors for it.

gambitfire said:
ROTFLMAO!!!

:whatever:

Is this all you're capable of doing? Standing on the sidelines sniping at people and trying to bully them, and rarely taking part in a constructive, well-argued debate.

Please do keep on 'ROTFLMAO'... with any luck there is a very steep drop near where you are rolling hysterically.

I do wish you had something interesting to say. We can all live in hope, I suppose.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Which is their own fault. If Fox had locked up Singer and their actors they wouldn't have had to rush to get a film done. So that was their own stupidity there.

I'm not saying it wasn't their own fault, I'm just trying to throw some perspective into this thread.

Specter313 said:
And this is a perfect example. If you would have read what I said and not looked so quickly for something to chastise, you would have noticed that I pointed out that a large cast still would have taken up a good chunk of change, and that it's ridiculous to blame only two of those actors for it.

i'm not blaming those 2 And i read what you said i only ment that when making the movie and picking a budget they have to keep an actors sallary in mind. Sorry i just worded it wrong. :)

X-Maniac said:
Is this all you're capable of doing? Standing on the sidelines sniping at people and trying to bully them, and rarely taking part in a constructive, well-argued debate.

Please do keep on 'ROTFLMAO'... with any luck there is a very steep drop near where you are rolling hysterically.

I do wish you had something interesting to say. We can all live in hope, I suppose.

ROFLMAO.gif

:meow:

:yay:

actually
TOP BILLING IS
1-Halle Berry
2-Ian Mckellan (NOT JACKMAN JACKMAN IS LESS THAN MCKELLAN)
3-Hugh Jackman
4-Famke Janssen
5-Patrick Stewart
then rest get the remaining scraps

you do know that a lot of the actors didn't get a penny right? case in point: dania ramirez didn't get any money because she was previously paid and signed for two of the studios films (before she did fat albert)

i'm sure the same goes for a lot of the cast who they signed for more than one movie, too.

Majik1387 said:
If i remember correctly a long time ago,a report came out with how much each person cost.
Halle Berry got 20-25 million, Hugh Jackman got 15-18 mil, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan got around 12-15, Famke 9-13 mil, Anna, Shawn, and Aaron 5-8 mil, and James got 2 mil.

Halle only gets 14 million and she is part of the top 10 paid actresses in Hollywood.

Famke and Anna probably did not get any more than 3 million.

Shawn and Aaron probably got 1-2 million.

Still if Majik1387's post is correct and Jackman got 18 million, Mckellan and Stuwart get 15 mill a piece, Famke 13 mill, Anna, Shawn and Aaron 8 mill a piece, and James got 2 mill, then thats $87 million spent on cast alone.

Just imagine the budget going into X4 without Halle Berry,Ian Mckellan,Hugh Jackman,Famke Janssen,and Patrick Stewart in it.Could be very amazing,plus all the mutants that we wanted to have more screen time would get all of the screen time.

besides Halle Berry (who has just taken over the school, she has to be there i think) , I think we can live without Hugh, Patrick, Ian, Rebecca (sadly) and Famke.

James isn't that expensive to bring back, so the only high payment would be Halle. James, Anna, Shawn, Kelsey and Ellen would win about 3 million, maybe...
but then we had to consider a new villain: for example, Jeremy Irons for Sinister: he would ask about 5/10 million. The actor for Gambit: from 800thousand to 3 million, dependingg on his recognition.

X-Maniac said:
Oh my Lord.... Stupidity walks the earth with a new name...

It didn't have much to offer in special effects, you say??? Were you facing the wrong way in the auditorium? :whatever:

Very funny. I needed a good laugh. Thank You. I'm serious by the way.

Majik1387 said:

Dude you couldn't be more wrong. Now I'm not sure of what these people got paid, but I'm a 100 percent certain that it's not the figures you posted. Halle Berry got between 20-25 million??????? Nicole Kidman is the highest paid actress in Hollywood right now, and that was just reported like last week, and she's not even at 20 million a pic, she's around 16 or 17 mil.

Halle getting that much is one of the most outrageous things that i've read. Halle gets around 14 million per movie, or she can command around that amount, which by the way does not include flicks like X3, with mulitiple A-list actors. It's known in Hollywood and I thought in general that enough people knew that A-listers can't demand massive saliers when they are part of a large cast. If that's the case than Oceans 12 must have had a budget over 300 million and god only knows how much the next Oceans flick will cost, LOL.

flavio_lebeau said:
besides Halle Berry (who has just taken over the school, she has to be there i think) , I think we can live without Hugh, Patrick, Ian, Rebecca (sadly) and Famke.

James isn't that expensive to bring back, so the only high payment would be Halle. James, Anna, Shawn, Kelsey and Ellen would win about 3 million, maybe...
but then we had to consider a new villain: for example, Jeremy Irons for Sinister: he would ask about 5/10 million. The actor for Gambit: from 800thousand to 3 million, dependingg on his recognition.

That's a very reasonable assessment. We need Halle, but no more need for fog and lightning, as i've seen all i need of those. We need an origin scene, we could see her watering her own garden or the mansion garden with a controlled micro-shower.

New villain should be Hellfire Club. Sinister could be set up in the background as finding a very injured Cyclops, who returns at the end of the movie.

:huh: I thought we already know not to trust Wikipedia???

javon said:
:huh: I thought we already know not to trust Wikipedia???

What do you mean? What information was posted from wikipedia?

X-Maniac said:
What do you mean? What information was posted from wikipedia?
X-Men: TLS had a $210 million dollar budget making it the most expensive movie made (according to Wikipedia). Where did all that money go? The special effects were great in X3 but I wouldn't say they were better than Stas Wars: Episode 3's special effects (which had a $125 million budget). Not to mention their weren't that many special effects shots, when say, comparing it to King Kong ($200 million budget). So where did all their budget go to. I think alot of it went into the hands of Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and the probably the director and producers as well. Perhaps TLS wopuld have been a better film if more of the money had gone into the actual production. I dont know maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems a little odd that the most expensive movie made didn't have more to offer in special effects and set pieces than any other film with budgets in the 100 million dollar mark.
The thread maker was just talking about that part though, not the whole thing.

javon said:
The thread maker was just talking about that part though, not the whole thing.

The author who posted the entry on Wikipedia probably received the production budget info. from boxofficemojo. I don't believe the production budget was that high, but it wasn't cheap by any means.

I just came across an estimated breakdown of the costs associated with producing and marketing Spider-Man 2.

Some figures extracted:
Licensing (paid to Marvel): $20m
Producers: $15m
Director: $10m
Cast: $30m (Maguire $17m, Dunst $5-6m, Molina $1m, everyone else $3m)
"Below the line" (ie the cost of shooting, including crew, equipment hire etc): $45m
SFX: $65m
Prints & advertising: $75m

Clearly, X3 will have cost more for the cast but as you can see from the above figures, thats only one cost amongst many. Also, consider the extent to which Hugh and Halle were used to market the movie - their contracts included a committment to promote the film worldwide, which is why we saw them everywhere from Mexico to London and Cannes to Japan, South Korea and China. Compared to the other marketing costs, a few extra million for the actors seems like good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"