release date announced for Buffy season 8

TheCorpulent1 said:
I accepted that she was a ***** after she had just been torn out of Heaven because she'd just been torn out of Heaven. Check back on what I've been saying; I've never once claimed that her being a ***** was not justifiable, I'm just saying that she was a ***** and I preferred her when she wasn't.

As do I, but it ain't Gellars fault.:o

JLBats said:
The first season is really just a bunch of standalone episodes and a few continuing arcs. I literally went through it and only watched the arc episodes (Welcome to Hellmouth, The Harvest, Never Kill a Boy on the First Date, Angel, Prophecy Girl). I think it greatly improves the standing of the first season, for one thing, but it also gets you through to the good stuff that lies in wait for season two.

Most fans seem to even consider season 2 as the real beginning of the show. Season 1 is really more of a dry run.

After all, Hitchcock had to make Saboteur before he made North by Northwest, didn't he?
Funny you mentioned Saboteur instead of Nortorious. :o

Still, I get your point. Some things, most things, have to have to walk before they can run. But, despite that, I think, you should still see a spark of something better - the potential to be something better. Saboteur, while no North by Northwest, certainly wasn't a bad film. But so far, judging from the first season, I just do not see nearly any redeeming qualities about the show. The one thing I could say I liked about the show is that it has pretty good character - which is the one thing I liked about Firefly as well.
JLBats said:
Meh, whatever. Different strokes.
My point exactly. Some people just don't like Buffy. And no matter how many episodes or seasons they see, they'll still feel that way. I take no joy in disliking the show. Hell, I wish I loved it as much as you guys do, but If I miss out on a great show (IYO), then, while it may be shame, there's not much either you or me can do about it.

When I saw the first few episodes, I hated it with passion and gave up on it.

Only after the series ended and entered to it's strange afterlife I became a hard core fan.

But think about it: it's a show about superpowered teenagers in california fighting vampires, demons and lovecraftian monsters, while going to school on top of a hellmouth.

There are people who will think that's the best premise for a show ever, and some who will think it's the dumbest thing ever heard.

But you mostly feel about it in extremes.

The Question said:
While Buffy Season Eight sounds good, I'd much rather see Angel Season Six. Having Spike, Angel, and Illyria (barely) survive their encounter with Wolfram & Hart's army by the greatest tactic of all (I/E, killing a bunch of them and running away), and becoming sort of urban vigilantes, taking on both demonic and human crime, would be pretty damn cool.

IDW's been putting out ANGEL books since about August of last year. I don't know if you could really place them in the canon, and they don't (re: can't) explain anything that happened at the end of Season 5 and they mostly maintain the status quo...so they haven't really tickled my fancy too terribly much, but there have been some gems in there. I would suggest you check 'em out, maybe.

I thought the first season of Angel was sucky and didn't start watching regularly into its 4th season.

Abaddon said:
I thought the first season of Angel was sucky and didn't start watching regularly into its 4th season.

LIES, how dare you dishonour Doyle's memory :cmad: :cwink:

No I always thought angel was the better show, it just seemed like it was theo ne where joss was allowed to literally let his imagination run wild. IN the whole run I can't think of a truly bad epsieode. Also the puppet angel was cool and anyone who disagrees will feel the back of my hand damnit! :ninja:

I liked all of Angel, but Season 5 was the best...Spike, puppet Angel, Illyria...so many good things :o

bantime.jpg

Puppet Angel is the single greatest achievement of modern man.In your face,penicillin! :cmad:

The Joker said:
I liked all of Angel, but Season 5 was the best...Spike, puppet Angel, Illyria...so many good things :o
I started watching angel during season 5 sense they made it back to back with smallville. Then they cancelled it.:csad: I miss it.

The Joker said:

but they killed fred :(:(:(

Puppet Angel was cool...but it was kind of a novelty, you know? I watched it the first time and I was like "OMFG THAT WUZ DA BEST EPISOD EVAR!!!1!!!" Now I go back and watch it on DVD and I'm like, "Meh, I'm over it."

Once the novelty of it wears off it's not that good of an episode.

hippy fascist said:
LIES, how dare you dishonour Doyle's memory :cmad: :cwink:

No I always thought angel was the better show, it just seemed like it was theo ne where joss was allowed to literally let his imagination run wild. IN the whole run I can't think of a truly bad epsieode. Also the puppet angel was cool and anyone who disagrees will feel the back of my hand damnit! :ninja:

At worst, Angel could be boring. At worst, Buffy could be insulting to my intelligence. :csad:

And that's considering all the awful plot twist and story arcs.( Cordy&Connor, Buff&Spike- I'm looking at you!:cmad:)

I liked Doyle, kinda. But I still sorta wish they were able to use Whistler, for the sake of fluidity.:o

I didn't like Cordy much on Angel till late s1/early s2. I think...:huh:

I like Buffy and Angel. I will be buying this series mainly because Whedon is writing it.

The Joker said:

It was a crime Angel never reached the heights of Buffy. It was easily the better show. So many good seasons (Holtz is one of my favourite....''villains'' of all time, even hthough he wasn't truly a villian...thats what made it great), but you're right that season five was the best.

The Angel/Spike brotherly relationship was fantastic, and I loved the strange Bond between Illyria and Wes. I would have loved to see where it would have gone.

Has anyone read the angel comics? The spotlights, particularly Illyria's, was fantastic, and spike vs dracula was also really really good, su rprisingly. Peter David especially seems to know the universe and characters inside out.

New news on this book

The series is going to be roughly the length of a tv season, 20+ issues

Joss is writing the first 4 issues and last arc, presumably 4 as well

Other writers filling in the middle of course, the first of which has been announced--Jeph Loeb.

Not surprising, he worked on the dead Buffy Animated Series, but nevertheless, getting Loeb on here really classes it up. This series is a must buy:o

Also, if BKV doesn't write an arc, I'll be shocked. I mean, he and Joss have been in a mutual praise-fest since forever. Just last week BKV said something to Entertainment Weekly about Buffy being a superhero show by someone who loves comics while Heroes is a superhero show by someone who loves television. That aside from the whole Runaways wank-off.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"