Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'Approval & General RPG Discussion' started by twylight, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

Sorry to hear that NiteMare. Good luck.

My reasons for not posting are quite different and less pressing. One of them is that I've started watching Deadwood. Near the end of the second season now.

2. NiteMare Shape

NiteMare Shape Livin' like a Sheen

Thanks for all the support guys. But I'll be back posting regularly in the next couple days. She pulled something that snapped me right out of the grief phase and I think I'm pretty much over her now...which is a sad statement in itself.

3. PPbarker

PPbarker Registered

I know I'm new here and I don't know you or your situation with your ex, and I hope you don't take this story as me making light of your situation but....I was in a relationship with this girl for about a year and a half and she broke up with me out of the blue.

I spent a whole mess of time being all depressed about it, not really doing much except pining for her and making a fool of myself. Then I got 'better' in the sense that I was feeling okay but I still wanted her and I was still depressed about not being with her. Some time after that I logged on to Facebook and did my usual routine of Facebook-stalking when I saw she had put up a new album. This album was full of photoshopped images of her face on Twilight posters and stills.

I doubt I would have been quicker to not want her if she had killed my dog.

4. NiteMare Shape

NiteMare Shape Livin' like a Sheen

That does suck. We had been together for 7 years, we were engaged for about 3.

I had been devestated, I hadn't eaten or slept much in a week. But she moved the rest of her stuff out today while I was at work and she stole my cat.

I would have let her have the thing if it meant that much to her, it's just the fact that she took it while I was at work, after we had agreed that I would be keeping the cats.

5. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

So I was gonna post after having finished Deadwood's second season, which I have, but then somebody knocked on my door.

"Who's there?"
    "The flu."
    "The flu who?"
    "**** you."

6. Shlee

Shlee Sailor Jupiter

Ummm... is there some ***** I need to go beat the crap out of, nitemare? Because TRUST me... I will. Any girl who messes with someone I call a friend (or even a casual internet acquaintance) is on my s**t list. I'll break her freakin' knee caps.

7. Byrd Man

Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

I don't....I.....I....

:hrt:

8. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

The ***** stole his cat, Shlee. Get her! GET HER!!!

9. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock Golden Domer

In the interest of fair warning: spring semester is starting this week, so my posts may be a bit more sporadic than usual as I get back into the swing of that whole "responsibility" thing. What a crock.

10. Shlee

Shlee Sailor Jupiter

Yeah, that's messed up. You don't take a person's animal, especially if you agreed before hand that they were going to keep them. What a c***. Seriously. Give me an address. I'll rip her hair out. ;)

11. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock Golden Domer

Rip her hair out? Shlee, I'm so disappointed in you. That's so uncreative. No, no, no, my dear, what you do is put bubblegum in her hair. That way she has to cut her own hair off. Accomplishes the same end with an added bit of emotional turmoil along the way. :up:

...I'm a very dark person.

12. wiegeabo

wiegeabo Omniposcient

[​IMG]
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a *****?

13. SuperFerret

SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Like Wayne Brady ever balks at choking *****es... :rolleyes:

14. Optikal

Optikal Professor Chaos

Just a heads up to all games that I won't have an internet connection at home for the next two weeks so I won't be able to post.

15. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

(Read the announcement.)

16. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]304132[/split]

17. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]346692HERE[/split]

18. twylight

twylight One And Only

:::The Place for Forum Update info & player notifications:::

Okay so really I'm only making this thread 'cause I'm to lazy to post the same thing in every RPG I'm a part of.

I'm thinking there might be others like that...if not let this thread sink into Oblivion. *crosses self* :cwink:

Anyway this is the *official* Thread for notifications and whatnot.

If you're gonna be gone from multiple RPG's and *like me* are too lazy to post the same thing in each thread post it here!

Should MB's PM box be full (is it ever *not*?) this is the place to post it.

19. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

(Read the announcement.)

20. SuperFerret

Read the announcement, and I'm glad you're trying to make this thing easier, but I'm not happy with this new way of doing things.

21. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

That's fine, and I don't really think any of us (myself, the full SHH moderating staff, the admins) are particularly happy with it either. But it's a no-choice issue. We either cut down or crash the servers, from what technical support has told us.

22. SuperFerret

I think a genocide in the Batforums would work better and be more favorable. And why just one thousand posts? Non-RPG threads hit that in roughly a week or so, and depending on how fast we go, it might not be much longer. Nevermind the pacing issues we've got to deal with when considering a smaller window.

23. Byrd Man

Byrd Man El Hombre Pájaro

Yeah, it sucks, but what can you do? I'm just worried one day the admins think the best way to get rid of the lag is to close the Basement. There will be hell to pay that day! :cmad:

24. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

Honestly? We're still trying to get those answers ourselves. This has all been very short-notice, so we're all kind of running around like chickens with our heads cut off until the higher-ups give us more information.

But there'll be no pacing issues, and certainly no smaller window as far as the games go. We simply split the IC threads into Volumes, not dissimilar to how a huge set of story arcs tying into the same comic event are split up into separate TPBs.

25. SuperFerret

And when a fight or dramatic interaction between two or more posters is interrupted by a thread closing and reopening? Or two people post Post #999 at the same time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.