Daredevil Bullseye casting and discussion thread

I really hope Statham doesn't get it. In which movie was he a great actor? To go from D'onofrio and Bernthal to Statham ... :csad:

Yeah, he's an action star, but he's not a great actor. He also just doesn't seem to be Bullseye to me. To me, Bullseye's got a certain unhinged psychotic relentlessness. There's an elegance to the way he kills along with a brutality. Statham's characters are just gritty tough guys.

Definitely. I can't wait to see this show's version of Bullseye, considering how they have handled the other characters. :hmr: And hopefully he'll have his awesome costume.:woot:

I think Bullseye would be interesting to see, because he really would challenge Daredevil and Karen's idealism. I don't think Daredevil's "there is good in everyone" speech applies to Bullseye. I feel like comic book DD would not see any good in Bullseye at this point, Netflix DD is a bit younger and more idealistic. I don't think Nelson and Murdock would ever defend Bullseye for example, Punisher's motives are understandable on some level, though not defensible. Bullseye's motives are not understandable or defensible

I think they would have to work hard to make Bullseye as monstrous as Kilgrave, but it could be done, Punisher litters the streets with dead criminal, Bullseye litters the streets with innocent people, some he is hired to take out, others that he killed for fun. He would turn Hell's Kitchen into a nightmare, where he would declare open hunting season on everyone and far more innocent blood would be spilled in Hell's Kitchen.

Last edited:
That's a good point, Bullseye would challenge Matt's belief system and make him question things.

No doubt in my mind Bullseye will pop up in season 3

Give me Ryan Eggold.

Still on the Ryan Eggold train for Bullseye

tumblr_nlism0YR7f1r31wyso1_400.gif

130805mag-BurnNotice1.jpg

jeffrey_donovan_book_of_shadows_blair_witch_2_001.jpg

Burn-Notice-Jeffrey-Donovan.jpg

jeff1.jpg

[YT]UiiDCJBW8uk[/YT]

[YT]TITqs8bIVMg[/YT]

[YT]H05ROk2eAjY[/YT]

Ladies and gentlemen... I rest my case. :woot:

For me he can do drama, humor, over the top, subdued and he has multiple black belts. I find him a total package and he's just the right amount of seasoned to pull off the heavy these days.

I haven't seen Jeffrey Donovan in anything beside Burn Notice, but I think he could be a good choice. But for me, it's all about Walton Goggins. I think he would be perfect. I wanted Bernthal for Punisher, so maybe I will see my wish fulfilled again.

I'd be down for Jeffrey Donovan as Bullseye.

Anderson is an interesting choice. I have only seen him in Hannibal, but he was great there.

johnny depp would be amazing as bullseye..but $$$$$$$$$ is the key

I could see Donovan. Not my first choice, but he would do a good job.

Must be time for April's Ogg post. :oldrazz:

20130928-163826.jpg

Ogg is my personal choice for him. He looks like the character and has that "off" look about him that would fit so well. Not sure how well he can act but he was funny on Broad City.

I think Jeffrey Donovan would be a great choice for Bullseye. But hard to see which way they want to go with that character.

Also, I don't want to get my hopes too high that we will finally get Bullseye. I mean I think it makes sense we finally see Bullseye, but who knows, they might want to do something different for season 3.

Bullseye will probably only get a costume and some weapons in episode 13.

Bullseye will probably only get a costume and some weapons in episode 13.

Bullseye would not be as much as a threat without weapons, so he needs those. The costume may show up later.

I think they may tone down his abilities and omit some of his more over the top feats (frankly Bullseye able to throw a paper airplane through a closed window is stupid, that never worked).

Given a season with mystical ninjas and all the over the top fighting, Matt's powers and the like, I don't think you need to tone down Bullseye at all. Looks there are always moments in comics that strain any credibility, even with suspension of disbelief fueling it all. I can see Bullseye being an incredible fighter with the abilities of near perfect aim and an inborn talent for hand held weapons that places him in the top tier of fighters in the whole of the world. Things like him killing someone by spitting a lemon seed in their eyes or that paper plane thing, would indeed not be something I would add to the DD show in live action. But, not having them doesn't then automatically translate into toning down the character either. He can still fight using objects thrown and be a crazed assassin that himself could take out a mess of Hand ninjas with a bunch of objects he finds laying around, as long as they seem like reasonable things to use in a fight.

They can make bullseye one of the black skies.

That way he can do incredible stuff like killing with toothpick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"