Bush: U.S. doesn't eavesdrop on phone calls of ordinary Americans

Admiral_N8 said:
See, again, this is why people outside of the internet wouldnt take someone like you seriously. A person who ACTUALLY think Bush just gets his kicks from monitoring random peoples calls.

How silly.

Its not that hard to believe, Nixon recorded every one of his conversations. I bet he did that because he was bored. Good job ignoring every other point in my post.

Admiral_N8 said:
Yes I've seen it a thousand times, and its the only defense people have against trying to protect the country by listening to phones...its getting boring.
Freedom is boring.

And this could be lead to persecution of people with the banner of labeling "terrorist". People like you live too damned scared to stand up for yourself and tell the goverment to **** off

Admiral_N8 said:
And they monitor those calls to Europe and Asia too.

It it bad to monitor former middle eastern citizens who call into known insurgent/terrorist areas? No.
If that was wrong and we couldnt do that then we couldnt monitor anyones calls....and then you have VERY little to go on to stop another 9/11.

I would gladly have my phone wrongly tapped if it meant they are trying to prevent another terrorist attack.

What do you think Bush is doing? Do you just think he enjoys tapping peoples phones for no reason? Do you think he just wants to eavesdrop on supsected terrorists because he doesnt like Arabs? or what?

so where does it end, then? do they just keep finding new excuses for and ways to invade the privacy of innocent american citizens? you can't shrug everything off and say, "eh, what do i care as long as they're trying to stop terrorism." you're never going to totally stop terrorism. it's been around since the dawn of time and it will continue to be. this is probably exactly what al-qaeda planned when they attacked us on 9/11, to make us fear them so much that we'd give up our freedoms and rights just for some temporary and false sense of security.

Darthphere said:
Its not that hard to believe, Nixon recorded every one of his conversations. I bet he did that because he was bored. Good job ignoring every other point in my post.

Wasnt ignoring, just didnt find anything I felt like replying to...I dont go around saying "Omg way to ignore my other stuff" if people dont respond to everything I say

I still find it silly how you think Bush just taps peoples phones for kicks and giggles. :rolleyes: Funny

sinewave said:
so where does it end, then? do they just keep finding new excuses for and ways to invade the privacy of innocent american citizens? you can't shrug everything off and say, "eh, what do i care as long as they're trying to stop terrorism." you're never going to totally stop terrorism. it's been around since the dawn of time and it will continue to be. this is probably exactly what al-qaeda planned when they attacked us on 9/11, to make us fear them so much that we'd give up our freedoms and rights just for some temporary and false sense of security.

Youre never going to totally stop terrorism, yes thats obvious. However, you can stop a huge terrorist attack by listening into 2 terrorists conversations [giving you their plan, meeting time, etc]. So are you trying to take THAT away from our nations defense?

Admiral_N8 said:
Wasnt ignoring, just didnt find anything I felt like replying to...I dont go around saying "Omg way to ignore my other stuff" if people dont respond to everything I say

I still find it silly how you think Bush just taps peoples phones for kicks and giggles. :rolleyes: Funny

I really dont care if you find it silly or not. Theres no reason for him to do it in the first place.

Admiral_N8 said:
Wow, you think Bush just enjoys tapping peoples phones for no reason :rolleyes:

How silly....thats why people never take people like you seriously in the REAL world....because you let your emotions make you say something so absurd.

that's very ironic, you lecturing someone on what the "REAL world" is. you, in all of you sheltered and pampered 20 years of existance, know it all, don't you? :rolleyes:

Admiral_N8 said:
Youre never going to totally stop terrorism, yes thats obvious. However, you can stop a huge terrorist attack by listening into 2 terrorists conversations [giving you their plan, meeting time, etc]. So are you trying to take THAT away from our nations defense?

Theyll never give that info over a phone line or e-mail or any other communications. Its absurd to think they are that stupid.

"Ahmad buy me 3 shirts and ice cream sundae"

Darthphere said:
Theyll never give that info over a phone line or e-mail or any other communications. Its absurd to think they are that stupid.

"Ahmad buy me 3 shirts and ice cream sundae"

Are you joking? Did you even read any of the post 9/11 reports? We KNOW they communicate using phones/emails to set up meeting times or things of that nature. You have that and you can stop them.

k?

Darthphere said:
I really dont care if you find it silly or not. Theres no reason for him to do it in the first place.

Letting your anti-bush feelings lead to you say things like "Bush just does it cuz its fun" is really interesting.

Admiral_N8 said:

if it violates the constitution or the standing laws of our country then yes, i will take that away from them. there's checks and balances for a reason. just because you blindly accept every shady thing this administration does doesn't mean the rest of the country does, and the polls show i'm right.

Admiral_N8 said:
Are you joking? Did you even read any of the post 9/11 reports? We KNOW they communicate using phones/emails to set up meeting times or things of that nature. You have that and you can stop them.

k?

You just made my point. They probably read the 9/11 Report as well. Theyre not that stupid, its incredibly naive and idiotic to think they are that stupid and wont change their methods.

Admiral_N8 said:
What about people who oppose the goverment, period. They obviously are not being listened to.

Tapping the phones is how you make a facist country smoother.

Admiral_N8 said:
Letting your anti-bush feelings lead to you say things like "Bush just does it cuz its fun" is really interesting.

:rolleyes: You know, anybody who read my first response would clearly have noticed it was a joke. Either way, if you think hes doing this because he really is trying to track down terrorusts, fine you believe that.

Admiral_N8 said:

k?

okay, so why didn't they stop 9/11 from happening? they had the intelligence on it and most of the terrorists who executed that disaster were in the country and they were keeping tabs on them. why didn't they act on that?

sinewave said:
if it violates the constitution or the standing laws of our country then yes,

If it does violate the constitution then I agree, but thats for congress and the courts to decide. And they havent said its illegal, but only time will tell.

Darthphere said:
You just made my point. They probably read the 9/11 Report as well. Theyre not that stupid, its incredibly naive and idiotic to think they are that stupid and wont change their methods.

So how are they going to communicate over large distances about plans and meetings etc.???

Smoke signals??

No, they still use the phones and internet and we have to monitor these things to try and stop these murderers.

Darthphere said:
:rolleyes: You know, anybody who read my first response would clearly have noticed it was a joke. Either way, if you think hes doing this because he really is trying to track down terrorusts, fine you believe that.

It was a joke you played on WAY too long, kept on saying you actually believe it.

Ok Darthsphere, why do YOU think Bush is listening into supsected terrorists conversations?

Is it for fun like you keep saying? or something else?

Admiral_N8 said:
So how are they going to communicate over large distances about plans and meetings etc.???

Smoke signals??

No, they still use the phones and internet and we have to monitor these things to try and stop these murderers.

If youre montoring Muhammed and Ahmed over a line and Muhammed says "Ill meet you at the Empire State Building and be sure to buy some hot dogs." how would you be able to decipher that hes planning a suicide bomb attack at the Empire State building. I guess youve never heard of coded speak.

Addendum said:
Who is this "we"

America.

OH yeah, for you, since you dont understand that....I am specifically referring to the United States of America. :up:

Admiral_N8 said:
It was a joke you played on WAY too long, kept on saying you actually believe it.

Ok Darthsphere, why do YOU think Bush is listening into supsected terrorists conversations?

Is it for fun like you keep saying? or something else?

Ive already answered this question.

sinewave said:
okay, so why didn't they stop 9/11 from happening? they had the intelligence on it and most of the terrorists who executed that disaster were in the country and they were keeping tabs on them. why didn't they act on that?

Okay, you obviously didnt read any of the 9/11 reports because it spells out the answer to your question in detail.

Agencies didnt communicate, red-tape got in the way, and thats what they are trying [and failing] to do away with.

Admiral_N8 said:
Okay, you obviously didnt read any of the 9/11 reports because it spells out the answer to your question in detail.

Agencies didnt communicate, red-tape got in the way, and thats what they are trying [and failing] to do away with.
Yes, the myth of government efficency

Darthphere said:
If youre montoring Muhammed and Ahmed over a line and Muhammed says "Ill meet you at the Empire State Building and be sure to buy some hot dogs." how would you be able to decipher that hes planning a suicide bomb attack at the Empire State building. I guess youve never heard of coded speak.

I think you may watch too much Alias or tv spy shows.

If we monitor them and we have a large number of suspected/possible terrorists networking to meet and all bring "hot dogs" at one certain spot and an exact time dont you think its a good thing we know that? So we can stop them???

How would YOU stop terrorist attacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"