• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS WareHouse Fight vs. Daredevil Stairwell fight

BvS.

You could feel the tension and fear of the warehouse thugs. You could feel Batman's subdued rage with every punch. When he pulls the knife out of his shoulder and pins the mook to the wall with it you knew that guy was terrified.
Yeah, I loved that. You really felt Batman's rage. In the UC there's an extra bit where he walks up to the goon, stares him down and grabs him again.

DD's stairwell fight wins it all the way for ME...

Is the DD one from season 2 where he was actively trying not to kill Yakuza members? Cause if so I thought that was ****ing daft personally.

The fight in the hallway in season one was miles better.
Not the Hand fight, we're discussing the battle against the bikers club from episode 4.

Daredevil without a second thought.

I thought the warehouse scene was cool enough, but I do not get the massive amount of praise it's received at all. It was not all that impressive.

Batman's warehouse fight for me easily. Both were good but Batman's I'd been waiting to see on film for decades.

I'm kind of like Bayne is for the warehouse fight only for the hall fight. It was well done and above most action movie fare but not as impressive as folks make it out to be. That it was on TV was pretty cool though.

Last edited:
Definitely the DD stairway fight. A really nice fight that both managed to make DD look very strong and still have him feel human and struggling to overcome a challenge well suited to his level.

The Batman scene doesn't feel that special to me, and it made it look like he had taken the super soldier serum since he was definitely above human strength level in how he dealt with a few of those goons. On top of that it was after him having fought fricking Superman, which both leaves a fight with some goons really anticlimactic and makes it even less suitable to have him be superhuman after having gone through that.

Then again they made Batman psychic to the point where he trusts his visions to be relevant for the future, so why not give him more super powers just for the hell of it when you're already not staying within the levels of the characters? Maybe it's killing that makes him go super?

I'll choose the warehouse fight for two main reasons:
1) I was waiting for Batman to do something about enemy firearms for it feels like eternity;
2) Batman is believably fearsome in it.

DDs2 stairwell hands down. Though I think it's a little over praised for being "One Shot", the seems/cuts are incredibly obvious to me eye and there are a lot of them (S1 hallway fight was way better.), but it's otherwise a really good sequence, and you really feel the amount of effort it's taking Matt to go through these guys.

BvS Warehouse- I actually think this one is cartoonishly over the top (ironic for a film that's trying so hard to be dark and serious). Bats is sending goons flying 15+ feet through the air just with single punches and kicks. Were they fighting in low gravity or something?:o

Batman took a bullet to the head at point blank range. Not sure how he survived, but it's Batman so I can buy it.

DDs2 stairwell hands down. Though I think it's a little over praised for being "One Shot", the seems/cuts are incredibly obvious to me eye and there are a lot of them (S1 hallway fight was way better.), but it's otherwise a really good sequence, and you really feel the amount of effort it's taking Matt to go through these guys.

BvS Warehouse- I actually think this one is cartoonishly over the top (ironic for a film that's trying so hard to be dark and serious). Bats is sending goons flying 15+ feet through the air just with single punches and kicks. Were they fighting in low gravity or something?:o

Yeah, I thought the BvS seemed really floaty and fake. I get annoyed when Sir Isaac gets shushed out the door unless there is a good reason for it, like they are fighting in the Matrix or something. I actually much prefer the final building fight/hostage rescue from TDK.

Daredevil also manages to not kill anybody. So that's a plus.

Big fan of both scenes, but this is not fair. He wanted to kill a few of them. In the beginning he even tries to shoot one or two but the gun wasn't loaded.

Big fan of both scenes, but this is not fair. He wanted to kill a few of them. In the beginning he even tries to shoot one or two but the gun wasn't loaded.

He knew it wasn't loaded.

Yeah there's no indication that he intended to kill any of them. Like Kahran said, he was aware that the gun was empty.

Both sequences are awesome, I think we can all agree on that. However, the stairwell fight is clearly superior simply because it is a longer sequence with stronger editing and considerably stronger, more intricate choreography.

Batman's warehouse scene is the best Batman action ever put to film, but it still suffers from the same problem I have with a lot of other scenes like this: he's fighting a dozen or so guys, but for the most part he's taking them all on about 1 or 2 at a time. The other guys are, ostensibly, just sitting around waiting to punch/get punched. It's not as obvious as some of the Nolan fight scenes, or the Knightmare desert sequence, but it's still a problem.

That doesn't make any sense...

How? Go back and watch the scene again. Daredevil used the one bullet in the chamber to shoot the chains to free himself. He then used the (now empty) gun to hold to the bikers head so he could get the old man safely in his apartment.

Matt's powers include some form of echo-location a heightened sense of hearing, basically he's sensitive to loud noises, if he shot a gun, the sound would hurt him A LOT, so he obviously knew the gun was empty.

Yeah I know al that. But that smirk is towards Punisher who only put one round in the chamber. Otherwise that smirk makes no sense at all.

It's a 'that figures' kinda smirk.

Yeah I know al that. But that smirk is towards Punisher who only put one round in the chamber. Otherwise that smirk makes no sense at all.

It's a 'that figures' kinda smirk.

I'm almost positive that the Punisher said there was only one bullet in the chamber, which he used to free himself. The smirk is for the biker thugs falling for the empty gun trick.

Considering that the main rift for the whole season between the Punisher and Daredevil is Matts "no kill" policy, him trying to kill that biker wouldn't make much sense.

Warehouse fight is Arkham Batman come to life.

Daredevil definitely knew that the gun was empty, that's the entire point. Everyone should know that Daredevil would not use a gun in a fight by now.

Minus the killing.
All thugs should be killed or badly damaged in Arkham fights, especially ones getting hit by titans, injected by titan serum, hit on the shocking fence, get hit by the crate they toss get tossed back right at their faces, or get hit by a car door or a shield to the neck.

The stairwell fight, simply because of the use of chain. SO cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"