Calibrating Your HDTV for the Wii

Ive NEVER done any type of calibration on my systems and they look just fine. Just mess with the settings till you get what seems to look best for you

And it's not even like getting your 360 to the perfect setting will be a one-stop fix for every game. A lot of people had to adjust the brightness in-game for GTAIV, it was insanely dark at night
I had the same issue with the PS3 version. The settings vary from game to game and Id agree that a calibration disc does sound like a rip off

That "calibration disc" sounds like a DVD rewinder

trust me guys, if you used a calibration disc to calibrate your HDTV, it looks incredible. THe blacks looks black, the colors are accurate.

I'll go ahead and take your word for it. I'm pretty sure my blacks look like blacks.

Or those VHS tapes that cleaned your VHS player.
i'm curious but..... i think some of you guys don't know what i'm talking about because you guys are probably are in your teens. For instance, Spidey-Bat is only 19, he probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about, he probably things that HDTV is a brand of TV. I'm not going into full detail about what the benefits are in calibrating. Hopefully somebody that knows what I'm talking about will figure it out.

Geo7877 said:
And it's not even like getting your 360 to the perfect setting will be a one-stop fix for every game. A lot of people had to adjust the brightness in-game for GTAIV, it was insanely dark at night.
GTA4 is one of the games that is too dark for some reason (maybe that's why it's in 720p and not 1080p). All my other games on the PS3 and XBOX 360 look awesome. I don't know why GTA4 got a 10 on graphics......... a little overrated i must say.

GTA4 is one of the games that is too dark for some reason (maybe that's why it's in 720p and not 1080p). All my other games on the PS3 and XBOX 360 look awesome. I don't know why GTA4 got a 10 on graphics......... a little overrated i must say.
birghtness has absolutely nothing to do with resolution. The ganme is in 720p bc its insanely detailed. It would be hard to keep up the level of performance at a resolution higher than 720p. We'd most likely experience alot of slowdown and framerate issues at 1080p

i'm curious but..... i think some of you guys don't know what i'm talking about because you guys are probably are in your teens. For instance, Spidey-Bat is only 19, he probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about, he probably things that HDTV is a brand of TV. I'm not going into full detail about what the benefits are in calibrating. Hopefully somebody that knows what I'm talking about will figure it out.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm stupid, *******.

BTW, it's 'thinks', not 'things'. I may not know what a calibration disk is but at least I know how proper spelling and grammar.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm stupid, *******.

BTW, it's 'thinks', not 'things'. I may not know what a calibration disk is but at least I know how proper spelling and grammar.

Thank you for proving my point

Did you have to be a condescending *****ebag to say that? Why don't you just explain what it is and how it works so myself and others don't think it's a waste of money.

Did you have to be a condescending *****ebag to say that? Why don't you just explain what it is and how it works so myself and others don't think it's a waste of money.
The topic of the thread is how to calibrate your TV to the right settings to enjoy Wii games since the Wii doesn't have DVD capability, not to educate on how and what Calibration is, especially people who spam on other people's threads. If you want to know all about how Calibration Disks work, there is a lovely forum you can go too, left click on the mouse that you have in your hand on the link below.
http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

But, since the Wii doesn't have DVD capabilities, the Calibration DVD is a moot point.
-----------------------------------------

Now back to topic, does anybody know a website where I can open with the Wii's Opera Browser so that we can use possibly still images of the calibration tests?

Oh Noes, My game looks good but I want it to look gooder! :o

Just play your systems and enjoy them. Adjusting the settings on your tv the miniscule amount to get your Wii to match some I guess agreed upon standard, won't make or break your enjoyment of the system.

You've said it yourself, there is no calibration disc for the Wii.. So what exactly are you hoping to come from this thread? There is no way to do it except by your own two eyes. Which we all (except you) pretty much agree, is all you really need.

I guess your waiting for some poster to come in here and not think your crazy and pull a magical answer out of nowhere... Though I thought I gave some decent suggestions. :whatever:

Oh Noes, My game looks good but I want it to look gooder! :o

What's wrong with having a picture quality at the best when it's possible?

Just play your systems and enjoy them. Adjusting the settings on your tv the miniscule amount to get your Wii to match some I guess agreed upon standard, won't make or break your enjoyment of the system.

I didn't say that i'm NOT enjoying my Wii, but if I can get the picture quality at it's best when I'm playing say Mario Kart Wii, don't you want to play it at the right picture settings optimal for 480p running through component wiring? Your suggestion is more like "you got it, now live with it", ok well I made a thread about getting the best picture quality on the Wii, now live with it and stop complaining

You've said it yourself, there is no calibration disc for the Wii.. So what exactly are you hoping to come from this thread? There is no way to do it except by your own two eyes. Which we all (except you) pretty much agree, is all you really need.

I know what I said, and who says you need a disk to calibrate your Wii, I'm sure there other ways.

I guess your waiting for some poster to come in here and not think your crazy and pull a magical answer out of nowhere... Though I thought I gave some decent suggestions. :whatever:

Your suggestions???
find a dark room with a light coming in through the door/window, and use that gradient to get the brightness/contrast good, Or, whenever you go back to the Wii menu, it loads with a full screen of gradient light to dark, it's short but keep loading and changing settings till it looks good.

:hehe: , that's pretty sad and cheap buddy.. are you being serious??

If you have nothing to contribute other than complaining, than why are you here? Damn, I was asking to get the Best Picture Quality for Wii games, and this is the response I get :applaud

I am here because you have made at least 10 threads detailing your quest through HD TVs, HDMI cables, all varieties of resolution from 480p to 1080p, getting the right sound, getting the right picture, etc.. etc..

I am here because this is an intervention. You are obsessed.

I am here because you have made at least 10 threads detailing your quest through HD TVs, HDMI cables, all varieties of resolution from 480p to 1080p, getting the right sound, getting the right picture, etc.. etc..

I am here because this is an intervention. You are obsessed.

:pal:

dude, seriously, you need something else to occupy your time than trying to prove that I'm obsessed with HD stuff

You need something else to occupy your time besides worrying about getting the perfect picture with your consoles.

:pal:

dude, seriously, you need something else to occupy your time than trying to prove that I'm obsessed with HD stuff

Yes, it took me 2 months to keep tabs on you and calculate that total.

okay, i need to get back to this topic here.

I got the best quality setting for my TV when playing the PS3, XBOX 360, and my DVD player. TV calibration is different when dealing with HDTV's, regular TV is just one calibration, but for HDTV that has many components, when using different sources, there is different settings. Trust me, I have the calibration disc, the whole junks.

But, how can I change the settings of Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Tint, etc. etc. if I can't pop the calibration disc in the Wii?? Wii needs to provide this screen at least so I can see the bars to adjust the settings.

color_bars.jpg

white-level.jpg

umm u could go online with your wii... and i dunno go to this website and look at the damn pic you just posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"