First Avenger Cameos

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
So which marvel heroes should have cameos in the film? If they do the story in WWII then I can some that might show up. Wolverine could show up not if FOX would allow it cause of rights. Nick Fury yes cause of the super serum backstoryin 616 universe. Maybe the android Human Torch. Magneto can also show up as well.

Any others that could show for marvel's past?

tech we already know the film is going to be ww 2 setting. Plus since most marvel guys ie xmen guys are with fox and spidey/etc... for sony. Only guys within the marvel studios hold thor/hulk/ironman are likely to have any connection.

I think that they should relate Iron Man by having Tony's dad Howard Stark prior to his involvement in the Manhattan Project, assist Erskine in the radiation portion of the SSS battery for Project:Rebirth.
They can tie in the Hulk by having a young Private Thaddeus E. Ross fight in Cap & Bucky's platoon. Maybe Cap could coin his "Thunderbolt" nick-name?

Last edited:
Except T-Bolt Ross is too young in the Incredible Hulk to have been running around in WWII. Y'know?

I'd like to see them sneak in a nod to the fans with a quick vague cameo by Wolverine. Just some guy in the background of a battle for a split second who might have claws. I bet they could get away with it without any legal problems if it was sufficiently ambiguous.

id like to see cap talking to a hooded man in one sequence, and when he removes his hood it reveals black hair and pointed ears indicating namor

Last edited:
A young Howard Stark would be a cool cameo. I suppose they could get the original Union Jack in there too, maybe as one of Cap's teachers (the 1st Ranger Battalion was trained by British commandos, so Cap getting training from Union Jack is along the same vein).

For a real life cameo, I think it would be cool if Randy 'Captain America' Couture could get a small part as a G.I. or something in the film.

Except T-Bolt Ross is too young in the Incredible Hulk to have been running around in WWII. Y'know?
Whoops...guess your right. If he was 17 in 1941 that would make him 85 in 2009, huh? Guess it's pretty obvious that math never was my strongest subject! :oldrazz:

Fury and his Howling Commandos could be in this flick, no doubt. Young Magneto is another good choice. I wouldn't want other super-heroes however as it could be amazing enough to see one man fighting a 100 Nazis in the trenches. In further Captain America movies, the filmakers could go back in WWII and show us various secret missions that Cap had been part of and it could include him fighting Nazi death machines and robots and rocket men, even. Then you could have Namor, The Torchs, etc...

Whoops...guess your right. If he was 17 in 1941 that would make him 85 in 2009, huh? Guess it's pretty obvious that math never was my strongest subject! :oldrazz:

u could have a private ross it just wouldn't be tbolt maybe have a soldier in the unit being really phobic of the radiation used to make cap who he is and it would be more of a nod to his long military family

at most as i said since marvel studios films which consist right now of just ironman/the hulk/thor/cap/nick fury we will only get refrences to characters related to these guys. Since they cant do anything with xmen due to fox still holding film rights to them, or spidey for sony, and the few others that are still out at different companies for how ever much longer. I do think since we know stark's dad was invovled in ww2 stuff, that there is likely going to be that connection for cap film.

Though not a superhero by any means, I'd love to see them give Joe Simon a cameo, if his health permits

I would have liked Nick Fury, but that's not going to work for obvious reasons.

Von Strucker however, could still be used, just have him talking to the Red Skull in a scene.

Wolverine would have been nice, but of course, the character rights wouldn't allow it.

yea joe should get a cameo in the film if he is healthy enough to make the trip to filming and all that. I dont know his heath currently but he is very old if i recall right like 90s?

even though, Cap. wasn't one of his creations, would anyone still like to see, Stan, make an appearance

Wolverine had so many cameos in it that it felt like a friggin' Muppet movie. I'd prefer they keep a restrained hand in how many cameos they try to fit into Captain America. Maybe Howard Stark could be the one who designs Cap's shield, but that's about as far as I'd go.

A young Howard Stark would be a cool cameo. I suppose they could get the original Union Jack in there too, maybe as one of Cap's teachers (the 1st Ranger Battalion was trained by British commandos, so Cap getting training from Union Jack is along the same vein).

For a real life cameo, I think it would be cool if Randy 'Captain America' Couture could get a small part as a G.I. or something in the film.

Randy has 'Sgt Duffy' written all over him.

Wolverine had so many cameos in it that it felt like a friggin' Muppet movie. I'd prefer they keep a restrained hand in how many cameos they try to fit into Captain America. Maybe Howard Stark could be the one who designs Cap's shield, but that's about as far as I'd go.
I like that idea:up:

yea at most i could just be seeing howard stark, maybe fury as any cameos. Since we know with them marvel studios films they only have certain character rights to use. We cant see mutants and cant see spidey related characters and all that. Plus i agree film needs to be more cap and less wolverine and the hundred of mutant cameos.

what about black widow??

we know she's in IM2, think there gunna go for the "she was de-aged" thing, or no??
If they do then she would make a lot of sense as a cameo here.
Maybe leave it ambiguous as to how she could've been alive back then, make a nice mystery...

I like that idea:up:

I agree! That would be perfect! After All he is a weapons genius, right?

I think a cameo by Hugh Jackman in an american WWII uniform with no reference to his name/rank/ect... might work (but highly unlikely) Same with a young Magneto (never named) liberated by Cap and Bucky from a prison Camp. You can call him Eric... and maybe hint at his power... but nothing more. That MIGHT make it past the legal departments. OR let me ask you this... with Marvel building to this giant movie (AVENGERS) and piggybacking off the successes of its previous movies...do you see Fox willing to allow thier characters (that they licensed) to be in this movie to create positive buzz for their upcoming projects? (like Magneto) If Aliens vs. Predator and Freddy vs. Jason can work... why not Marvel Studios and Fox?

MORE LIKELY:

Namor. Is he Fox property? Or Marvel property? He was a member of the invaders and in Avengers comics way before FF or his own magazine.

Union Jack. I WOULD LOVE to see the original Union Jack at least mentioned in this movie... a photo of him would be even better. Maybe when they are pitching the idea of making Steve a Super-hero vs. Super Soldier after the assasination of Erkstien... they can reference the British lad out fighting Nazis in his long underwear painted up like the Union Jack.

Howard Stark. Involved in creating Cap's sheild... not involved in the actual SSS experiment.

DOUBTFUL:

Original Human Torch (because of the conflict with the FF's Human Torch) and thus Toro will likely be out of the question too

Nick Fury because of Samuel Jackson playing the character... although you could still have Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos... he just couldn't be THE Nick Fury that we all know from the movies.

double post

Last edited:
Fox owns both Aliens and Pred, New Line at the time owned both Freddy and Jason. so both are moot points.

Namor might still be owned by Universal

Union Jack is possible

Howard Stark is a definite

Original HT is possible cause marvel still has the film right to him

Fury is unlikely cause of the way they're going with him.

I wanna see T'Chaka selling vibranium to the US Govt, or at least H Stark for the shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"