Campus shooting at Northern Illinois University

*hopes its no one she knows*

Although I understand high school shootings, never understood college shootings. If you're having difficulty you can just get up and leave or transfer whereas high school begins to be seen as "the prison with invisible bars."

Already made points about the high school shooting thing on the Naruto thing thread.

But, it is scary and sad that it's happening more and more frequently. People really need to step up NOW and try to prevent these things from happening by switching from a zero tolerance policy to a listening policy. Zero tolerance, for those kids targeted, just makes things worse.

Hopefully people will start to dig deeper into these events before it becomes more and more frequent than it is. There's still a chance to change the system of how things work.

RIP to every victim involved and everyone involved.

Yes, because he was the first to ever shoot up a school.

I think he was the first college shooter though, but I might be wrong.

Wasn't there one on a Texas campus, in the 1950's?

And that's where Stephen King based his very first novel, Rage.

VA TECH INVOLVED:

A school spokesman told WMAQ that police investigated threats scrawled on a restroom wall Dec. 10, warning of a shooting on campus. The spokesman said the warning obliquely made reference to Virginia Tech massacre, but he said it could not be immediately determined whether the threat was related to Thursday’s shootings.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported at the time that an unknown person posted bathroom graffiti in the Grant Towers D complex residence hall. It included a racial slur and the notation, “What time? The VA tech shooters messed up w/ having only one shooter.”

Possibility of more than one?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23171567?GT1=10856

From video:

- Long Black Trench Coat (typical clothing, Columbine, Trenchcoat Mafia)

Four U.S. school shootings in a week!?!?! WTF!?! Were these things just covered up in the past or are they really happening at this alarming rate?

There is speculation that the Virginia Tech shooter was a Manchurian candidate but could the powers possibly manipulate four attacks in one week?

My guess is we are going to see the Government try and install some more laws real soon.

Like my mom says, nothing in life is that bad that you need to kill yourself over.

This **** is really starting to freak me out, especially since I'm a college student :csad: . I remember just a few weeks after V-Tech, some guy at my school shot three people in one of the campus apartments because one of his friends wouldn't let him borrow his x-box:dry: One of my classmates was in the room when it happened and saw his friend get shot to death in the neck :csad:

This **** is really starting to freak me out, especially since I'm a college student :csad: . I remember just a few weeks after V-Tech, some guy at my school shot three people in one of the campus apartments because one of his friends wouldn't let him borrow his x-box:dry: One of my classmates was in the room when it happened and saw his friend get shot to death in the neck :csad:

I will never get people killing over video games. All that does is provide more fodder for Thompson.

Someone in my class is from Virginia Tech and it's really sad to see how it's effected him.

In class the teacher asked what we would do to keep safe during business practices... he said seriously "wear a helmet." The other students thought it was funny, but that statement struck me as being genuine. Kind of a long lasting fear from surviving a college shooting.

Also seems paranoid of the students around him and people walking in and out of the class room.

And it is really scary how these things are happening. Could they be linked together? The guy said Virginia Tech messed up with having only one shooter. Are the rest of these incidents colleges? If so, this should seriously be looked into - maybe the guy didn't mean more than one at the school itself, but at various schools...?

Told you it was because of that crazy VA student. :csad:

Don't know why though. Is there a message here? I honestly don't know, I know with high school shootings it is a message they want to send, although through terrifying means. I saw that as well years ago, but as a college student things have changed dramatically. I see no message here at all other than people just killing people. Which is why college shootings are still scary to me, can't explain them.

What a despressing hitch in my day:csad: I hope your freind is alright Fran.

Don't know why though. Is there a message here? I honestly don't know, I know with high school shootings it is a message they want to send, although through terrifying means. I saw that as well years ago, but as a college student things have changed dramatically. I see no message here at all other than people just killing people. Which is why college shootings are still scary to me, can't explain them.
People are just plain sick. Simple as that.

People are just plain sick. Simple as that.

Might be the case. High School shooters are rebelling against the system. College I don't see anything to rebel on, there's no bullying, there's no mean teachers, there's no nothing that I see could cause this. The world finally becomes civilized in college.

The scariest thought of all though is that this guy said VA messed up with only having one shooter, what did he mean by that? That there were more than one involved in this or that these guys met online and agreed on a pact? That would seriously be taking the 'alone they wouldn't, but together they do' (a psychologist describing the importance of the partnership in Columbine) to a scary extreme.

Might be the case. High School shooters are rebelling against the system. College I don't see anything to rebel on, there's no bullying, there's no mean teachers, there's no nothing that I see could cause this. The world finally becomes civilized in college.

College has become the system.

College has no system, at least that I can see. I thought about attacking my high school back in the day because the environment was primitive and scary- who has fear, more or less.

For those who are having trouble in college and see a system someone would rebel against, what is it? Because I'm at a loss.

Wow. Can't believe it happened again. How many is that now for this year so far?

Wow, this is the second shooting in or around my home city of Chicago in the past two weeks. I have friends that go to that school and I thank God that they're safe.

****ing terrorist dirtbag. I presume he's rotting in hell right now where he belongs. >(

Wow, this is the second shooting in or around my home city of Chicago in the past two weeks. I have friends that go to that school and I thank God that they're safe.

****ing terrorist dirtbag. I presume he's rotting in hell right now where he belongs. >(

Considering he offed himself, he probably wanted to. It's not like he was planning on going anywhere else.

Considering he offed himself, he probably wanted to. It's not like he was planning on going anywhere else.

Hey, I would kill myself too if I was going to Northern Illinois University.:o

Too soon right? Too soon.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"