Transformers Can someone explain Transformers to me

gamemiester

Civilian
Reaction score
I know nothing about this movie so whats the story?

How do the autobots work are their people inside them?

Do the autobots protect earth?

What are the decepticons? Are they aliens that look like robots?

Do the decepticons have people inside them?

Why are they attacking earth?

Ok thats it for now thanks alot.

Funnily enough, Takara originally wanted the Transformers to be controlled by a human pilot rather than having them as sentient beings from another world IIRC. *shudders*

Explains how is japan (pre-transformers show) the toys came with pilots.

They are robots...
but they are in disguise

deathshead2 said:
Explains how is japan (pre-transformers show) the toys came with pilots.
Oh yeah. Little Zoid guys could fit inside. That was Microman (I think) originally but if it wasn't for Hasbro the Transformers cartoon would be using human pilots aswell.

In the american cartoon i thought they had pilots in that.

And wont this film be like godzilla another original japanese idea ruined by hollywood?

gamemiester said:

And wont this film be like godzilla another original japanese idea ruined by hollywood?

by the time hollywood got ahold of godzilla it was allready ruined dont get me wrong they are fun to watch but this will be different, it is the first ever attempted live action movie for transformers being directed by michael bay (bad boys I&II, the rock, pearl harbor, armageddon) some of the problems with godzilla was the technology, and scale, back then all they had was bad special efects and lame costumes but that eventually became a trademark, and scale godzilla was allways to big to do nething other then a suit and a sound stage, but transformers is a huge production with some of the best in the movie industry

I liked the old Godzilla movies(I own them all), I just didn't like the cgi Godzilla, but it grew on me. I thought it was funny in Godzilla Final Wars that the cgi godzilla was named zilla and was killed by the Godzilla in the suit.

Baicaly transformers is a about two sentinent robot factions who are at war with each other....

gamemiester said:

Well the whole G1 mythos was designed by americans and british based on two unrelated japanese toylines that they combined into one. The japanese didn't have any part in the story until later, but their ideas sucked.

gamemiester said:

you sound like an old man.

Oerwinde said:
Well the whole G1 mythos was designed by americans and british based on two unrelated japanese toylines that they combined into one. The japanese didn't have any part in the story until later, but their ideas sucked.
Six hour transformation sequences which cause epileptic fits, being one.

The 1984 to 1992(ish) Transformers line.

E: Before Beast Wars in the mid 90's basically.

Spark said:
The 1984 to 1992(ish) Transformers line.

E: Before Beast Wars in the mid 90's basically.

I know a lot of ya'll think this is wrong but,
to a lot of people that were there for the genesis of Transformers, G1 is 1984 to 1986... it ended after they fast-forwarded to the year 2005 and killed off most of the characters we loved. At that point, TMNT became WAY MORE interesting.

Spark said:
Funnily enough, Takara originally wanted the Transformers to be controlled by a human pilot rather than having them as sentient beings from another world IIRC. *shudders*

Yes, but it's a good thing the idea never took hold. Transformers would have just been lumped in the same category as shows like Robotech (Macross) and Mobile Suit Gundam, not that those shows were horrible but there'd be no originality there.

gamemiester said:

your kidding right ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TRANSFORMERS

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Transformers

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYES

AUTOBOTS WAGE THEIR BATTLE TO THE DESTROY THE EVIL FORCES OF THE DECEPTICONnnnnnnnnnnS!!!

TRANSFORMERS!

Wesyeed said:
TRANSFORMERS

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Transformers

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYES

AUTOBOTS WAGE THEIR BATTLE TO THE DESTROY THE EVIL FORCES OF THE DECEPTICONnnnnnnnnnnS!!!

TRANSFORMERS!

*claps*

:wish: Have a star

" It's a world where things are not what they seem. It's a world of Heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons, who are known as....The Transformers!

......took this from one of the back of my G1 Transformer toy box!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"