Transformers The All-spark who's ******ed idea was this...

Movies205

Corporate Money
Reaction score
I love the movie, you can look for my review around so take me as a troll... But I can't wrap my head around the stupidity of the All-Spark... Like I presented my friend with this question: "The producers, directors, writers, etc all have said that when they came on they wanted to take what was simply a "toy" cartoon and make it more real, now tell me which plot sounds more realistic to you:

Plot A: Many moons ago aliens created artificial intelligence robots to work in there factories and make there ****, eventually they got tired of bering slaves so they over-tun there slave masters, for many years after they lived peacefully, however an evil robot named Megatron formed the decepticons and in a bid to take over hte planet started the great war Autobots and Decepticons, they crash land on earth, they need energy to get back to cybertron so thus begins the throw down between Decepticons and Autoboots on earth.

Plot B: The transformers were created by a magic cube called the All-Spark, the all-spark can bring to life any machine doesn't matter what it is or how basic, the autobots and decepticons lived peacefully till Megatron try to steal the cube to make an army of evil robots, somehow the cube gets magically lost and magically ends up on earth, The decepticons go searching for it, Megatron crashlands on earth and remains frozen for many year somehow he's magically awakened, and alerts other decepticons the magic allspark is on earth thus triggering the autobots trying to stop megatron from getting the allspark"

Obviously PLot A, yet they went with PLot B... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK A MAGIC CUBE WAS A GOOD IDEA? SOMEONE TELL ME!! PLEASE!!!

The allspark was a silly idea, but I'm willing to forgive the writers since the rest of the film kicked azz.

I wish they just would've made the Allspark a source of infinite energy. I don't really dig the idea that casual household appliances could turn into Transformers and form weapons out of thin air.

going all the way to earth for energy resources...

it's very.....independance day...

Yeah I definately agree with that, however I can suspend my belief on that very minor point considering it's about giant robots that transform into cars :D

I'd rather have them coming to earth for something that they couldn't find on any other planet, i.e. their allspark rather than simple 'generic' energy/resources.

it's hard to believe that such an advanced civilization would require anything we have on earth

In the cartoons, who really created the transformers, vector sigma or the Quintessons? How is vector sigma related to the quints?

I don't remember the aliens from Independence Day attacking Earth to gain an advantage for a civil war on their home planet.

Maybe it was on the extended directors cut? :dry:

movies said that the transformers would come to earth because of their depleted supplies on their own planet.

that was the aspect i was referring to.

I'd rather have them coming to earth for something that they couldn't find on any other planet, i.e. their allspark rather than simple 'generic' energy/resources.

it's hard to believe that such an advanced civilization would require anything we have on earth

I agree and disagree... For example I tottally agree it kind of silly however htat's not the point. What makes Transformers great is that it so cheesy and so hopeful, that the autobots so valiently risk there lives to protect us which why the All-Spark idea doesn't really hurt the move that badly, since it got that part right. And the generic energy/resources is great since it semi-believable and doesn't need to be explained heavily, which is why it works so well.

I Obviously PLot A, yet they went with PLot B... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK A MAGIC CUBE WAS A GOOD IDEA? SOMEONE TELL ME!! PLEASE!!!
In the old cartoon plot A was written over plot B (more or less the same). Because a new writer wanted to give the TF's a more involved origin, and tie in the Quintisons. BM went so far as to give Vector Sigma a secondary title, the all spark.

Movies205 said:
I disagree... It's not that hard to see aliens coming to earth to enslave us and steal our energy sources... How does that suck?
Well for one that's not what the plot of G1 season 1 and 2 was. They crashed here by accident. And the decepticons were stealing energy to get back to Cybertron. I mean that there is no other planet in the universe that would be much easier to loot of hydrocarbons and metals than earth is ludicrous.

movies said that the transformers would come to earth because of their depleted supplies on their own planet.

that was the aspect i was referring to.

Actually they crash land on Earth millions of years ago but I always found this ridiculously stupid. That they crash land on earth millions of years ago, and yet the autobots/decepticons on there home planet are still fighitng and nothing's change? Not only that but ti so ridiculous in it's convience they happen to crash land on earth, both autobots and decepticons get awaken at hte smae time etc... Then they search for energon to leave... BUt it still a battle for energy...

see i'd rather they got stuck here and then the issue for energy came up rather than them coming here for the sake of energy itself...

it's a by-product of their arrival instead of their main cause for being here.

i.e. something that can get developed in later films...

note: i have yet to watch the film so please try not to spoil me with info, i know it's my own fault for being here but i can't help joining in with some discussions.

see i'd rather they got stuck here and then the issue for energy came up rather than them coming here for the sake of energy itself...

it's a by-product of their arrival instead of their main cause for being here.

i.e. something that can get developed in later films...

note: i have yet to watch the film so please try not to spoil me with info, i know it's my own fault for being here but i can't help joining in with some discussions.

Yeah I mest it up slightly for the sake of compressing the plot down a little bit in the summary :o

I think the plot made more sense than the cartoons. Why would advanced alien robots come to Earth for energy source. With a universe as big as it is, you would think there were other planets with far better resources than Earth. In the movie, the robots came to search for the all spark, which happened to be on Earth. That makes more sense than robots trying to loot Earth's resources.

Obviously PLot A, yet they went with PLot B... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK A MAGIC CUBE WAS A GOOD IDEA? SOMEONE TELL ME!! PLEASE!!!

I'll give you a hint, their last names rhyme with Orci and Kurtzman.

i wasn't too fond of the allspark either but i think it's better than them coming down to steal what's left of our resources. i don't like thinking they flew billions of miles to come to Earth for resources seeing as how there are probably plenty of other planets that are richer and more pure than Earth. i'm not too fond of the "allspark" but at least it gives the Transformers a reason to come to Earth and instead of a planet more rich in resources.

But that's the thing. They couldn't find it on any planet (except for Cybertron's energy, which was depleting). Sure, stuff to make energy is abundant in the universe... just like grass is on Earth. Why don't you eat grass? Cows do. Why can't we "convert" it to food to feed people? And if we did, would we really want to eat it?

On Shockwave's original bio card it goes out of its way to state that Shockwave uses an inordinate amount of fuel BUT he can derive it from nuclear resources. Presumably, that means a lot of the other bots can't. Just like you can't digest grass. Coal, oil, natural gas (all fossil fuels) give the biggest bang for the buck. Our cars know it. The Transformers discovered that too. :yay: Great social commentary IMO.

in fairness movies, they both kinda suck...

both suck, do we really need a "Supreme Alien Race" above the transformers and humans? no.

The allspark could be a technological big bang for all we know, its not THAT ridiculous of an idea. Could it have been explained better, yes, but the whole getting lost and trying to find the way home is silly as well.

The Allpark works for me because it creates an explanation for why the Transformers do what they do (transform). Otherwise, they'd just be giant robots who happened to develop the ability to "scan" things.

It also creates a jumping off point for this franchise. With the Allspark gone, what will Decepticons need now? Energy. What kind of plot makes a lot of sense? The Autobots defending Earth from The Decepticons. Over energy. I imagine something like that is coming for TRANSFORMERS 2.

The Allpark works for me because it creates an explanation for why the Transformers do what they do (transform). Otherwise, they'd just be giant robots who happened to develop the ability to "scan" things.

It also creates a jumping off point for this franchise. With the Allspark gone, what will Decepticons need now? Energy. What kind of plot makes a lot of sense? The Autobots defending Earth from The Decepticons. Over energy. I imagine something like that is coming for TRANSFORMERS 2.

Yeah I agree, they handle it decent enough where it works in the movie since it introduce the bots but I'm hoping we never hear about the all-spark again :(

I think the worst idea was that all Sam had to do was shove the allspark cube into Megatron's chest and it effectively ending the Cybertronian Wars.

I think the worst idea was that all Sam had to do was shove the allspark cube into Megatron's chest and it effectively ending the Cybertronian Wars.

I dunno about that considering Shockwave would easily pick up where Megatron left off (in his original bio and comic book anyway- less so in the cartoon) not to mention Starscream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"