Transformers The All-spark who's ******ed idea was this...

Yes. Back on topic. But your question makes the assumption that the original story was actually about something. I dunno... machines, "energon," energy crisis, war... doesn't really say much about our current world and problems. :whatever: (yeah, I'm being sarcastic).
Not totally, I am definitely not trying to say that the orginal cartoon 'series' was actually more relevant in total (as in, all the content of each episode). This is arguable at best. But the cartoon's original premise in specific(Advanced race built a sentient mechanical race for working purposes), seems more laudible to me than a magic Cube. Not that the cube doesn't also work for me, but one is definitely more relevant and realistic than the other.

And if that is the case, how do the writers defend their claim that they were focussing specifically on making this a more realistic concept? Don't get me wrong, there are other aspects in which they specifically improved on the 'toy story' concepts. To me, on this one, I think they just missed it.

Yet very in line with Season one and two of Generation One TRANSFORMERS
It doesn't matter whether it's true to the comics or not, it's already been done.

which is why a film based on other mutants teams aren't likely because it's already been done with x-men.

Lol, Good points!
but I haven't seen you really weigh in on what Movies asked in the lead post of the thread. Is the magic box a more laudible idea than the cartoons origins story? And additionally does it make sense to use a magic box over the other idea, especially after they stated they wanted to make this property more realistic and relevant?
Well the cartoon itself started without an origin as did the comics. That whole "the Quintessons" build us came after 65 episodes of the show had been released. And Transformers the comic didn't reveal it until around the last ten. And much like X-Men who left origins untold for decades, Transformers just kind of drops you in the middle of the story and takes off. There is some "starting point", but it's never the beginning of time. Rarely do we get shows that start off at the absolute beginning. So, the movie just gave us Allspark and told us it had something to do with their creation. What, we don't know. But it can be explored later.

I love the movie, you can look for my review around so take me as a troll... But I can't wrap my head around the stupidity of the All-Spark... Like I presented my friend with this question: "The producers, directors, writers, etc all have said that when they came on they wanted to take what was simply a "toy" cartoon and make it more real, now tell me which plot sounds more realistic to you:

Plot A: Many moons ago aliens created artificial intelligence robots to work in there factories and make there ****, eventually they got tired of bering slaves so they over-tun there slave masters, for many years after they lived peacefully, however an evil robot named Megatron formed the decepticons and in a bid to take over hte planet started the great war Autobots and Decepticons, they crash land on earth, they need energy to get back to cybertron so thus begins the throw down between Decepticons and Autoboots on earth.

Plot B: The transformers were created by a magic cube called the All-Spark, the all-spark can bring to life any machine doesn't matter what it is or how basic, the autobots and decepticons lived peacefully till Megatron try to steal the cube to make an army of evil robots, somehow the cube gets magically lost and magically ends up on earth, The decepticons go searching for it, Megatron crashlands on earth and remains frozen for many year somehow he's magically awakened, and alerts other decepticons the magic allspark is on earth thus triggering the autobots trying to stop megatron from getting the allspark"

Obviously PLot A, yet they went with PLot B... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK A MAGIC CUBE WAS A GOOD IDEA? SOMEONE TELL ME!! PLEASE!!!

did you right plot A? I still think that plot B is still cool

I love the movie, you can look for my review around so take me as a troll... But I can't wrap my head around the stupidity of the All-Spark... Like I presented my friend with this question: "The producers, directors, writers, etc all have said that when they came on they wanted to take what was simply a "toy" cartoon and make it more real, now tell me which plot sounds more realistic to you:

Plot A: Many moons ago aliens created artificial intelligence robots to work in there factories and make there ****, eventually they got tired of bering slaves so they over-tun there slave masters, for many years after they lived peacefully, however an evil robot named Megatron formed the decepticons and in a bid to take over hte planet started the great war Autobots and Decepticons, they crash land on earth, they need energy to get back to cybertron so thus begins the throw down between Decepticons and Autoboots on earth.

Plot B: The transformers were created by a magic cube called the All-Spark, the all-spark can bring to life any machine doesn't matter what it is or how basic, the autobots and decepticons lived peacefully till Megatron try to steal the cube to make an army of evil robots, somehow the cube gets magically lost and magically ends up on earth, The decepticons go searching for it, Megatron crashlands on earth and remains frozen for many year somehow he's magically awakened, and alerts other decepticons the magic allspark is on earth thus triggering the autobots trying to stop megatron from getting the allspark"

Obviously PLot A, yet they went with PLot B... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK A MAGIC CUBE WAS A GOOD IDEA? SOMEONE TELL ME!! PLEASE!!!

The all spark works fine...

I find that it opens up to many a few themes such as creationism and the concept of a spirit

here we have a full blown civilization...and never once is the idea of a god mentioned...what does that mean for us?

was the life giving all spark created by someone? (lets find out)

do these creatures have "souls?"

does form define function?
(if so what happens when that allspark works it magic on a sex toy :huh:)

think of it this way if it bothers u o so...
it was used for the origin...and it was DESTROYED...now they can move onto other plot devices...

at the very least it was something new...unlike the past 20 years of the same energon driven plot devices
for better or for worse

at the very least it was something new...unlike the past 20 years of the same energon driven plot devices
for better or for worse
Aside from the first season of Beast Wars (and to some extent the later two), and (of course) the show Energon. Energon hasn't been used to drive a plotline since G1.

i haven't followed since beast machines
and that was pretty megatron just wanting to run the planet and erase organics driven true..

but beast wars
yes first season was almost completely driven by mags trying either to get energon or kill the opposion
later it became more relic/alien/get some power so i can take it back and run cybertron driven

still it was always present in beast wars...till maybe the last season

didn't something happen to the raw energon that made it worthless?

The All Spark <<< the Energon Cube. But other than that, I was just fine with the concept. "Dispensor" and his randomly-created brethren were less nonsensical than I gave them credit for being when I first heard about the All Spark giving life to random machinery.

[ #3103 http://boards.transformersmovie.com/report.php?p=296343 [/FONT][/COLOR]
February 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/member.php?u=4705
Roberto Orci vbmenu_register("postmenu_296343", true);
comandante

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dead*End* http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?p=293205#post293205
Mr. Orci,
this question [should You find time to read it] is concerning the arrival of the TRANSFORMERS to Earth. The reason for "no ARK" has been established in previous correspondence with You, and that is not my question. The name of the AUTOBOT ship ARK in Generation 1 was more or less a reference to Noah's ark, however the timeline of TRANSFORMERS crash landing heralded an evolutionarist's view [possibly alienating/turning off creationists, watching G1].

Has this angle [possibly a target audience question] been considered by You as the writers? Notwithstanding the ALLSPARK being somewhat analogous to creationistic approach?

Thank You

That never occured to us. Interesting.[/COLOR]

Movies... without bothering to read much past your initial post... I'm completely with you!

Clearly, 'Transformers' asks the audience to suspend disbelief. That's a given. But wouldn't it be easier to suspend disbelief if the story was built upon the traditions of, say, 'Terminator' or 'The Matrix'? Even 'V', if anyone remembers that?

The 'Terminator' films gave us a believable concept of organic life creating artificial intelligence that ultimately takes over. They also provided - in the third film - a nice hybrid of physical robotics with the ability to transform (within reason) and an outer, liquid-metal layer.

'The Matrix' did a similar job in terms of artificial intelligence, while offering a somewhat natural idea of how the robots farm organic matter for energy.

'V' showed an alien race squeezing the Earth of its water reserves and using humans as food.

Building upon these concepts was - to me - so completely obvious and allowed for a 'Transformers' that would not have to spend much time on exposition and would have provided a rich source of stories for future films.

Instead, they go with a magical, mass-shifting box and a pair of old glasses.

I don't care how great the film was or not... nor what previous incarnations of the property have used as their main plot thread. I just thought the film could have been mildly intelligent as well as awe-inspiring.

I'd personally rather it be new, than a rehash of old ideas seen in old movies

ahem, what makes those other films more "believable" that fact that they don't get as fantastic (or rather imiginative)?
sorry but one can't put a barrier on what aliens (existing or not) can or can't do, if anything that makes what ever they do more acceptable...

artificial intelligence has been beaten to death in cimema..

yes and that "magical" "box" as u so eloquently put it...is a hyper terrestrial object of infinite energy...
mass shifting should only be the start of what it could do
(look up some Green lantern to see what energy and it's parameters can be)

I'm just kinda bored of earth always being the wonderful resource place where every lifeform comes when they need food/energy/slaves etc...

i'd much rather have something crash here that is completely vital and indepdant on human intevention.

I'm just kinda bored of earth always being the wonderful resource place where every lifeform comes when they need food/energy/slaves etc...

i'd much rather have something crash here that is completely vital and indepdant on human intevention.

And thus one of the separators between sci-fi and fantasy.

Well... we are talking about Earth's film industry, after all.

I mean, surely the filmgoing public on Mars and Uranus feel the same frustration with their sci-fi blockbusters.

:whatever:

What other major blockbuster in the last ten years explored this idea outside of the Matrix? :huh:

fantastic four two, rise of the silver surfer
war of the worlds.
T3
the signs
v for vendetta (apparently)
planet of the apes (technically)
fifth element
evolution
i'm also sure there have been at least one star trek film where the borg have wanted to come and assimilate the world.
the signs
Doom
starship troopers.

i'm not sure about all of these but the concept itself is an incredibly old one. not only has it been highlighted a lot in films, it's been completely saturated with all the tv shows about beings coming to earth and wanting to take over due to earth being a energy resource.

Well... we are talking about Earth's film industry, after all.

I mean, surely the filmgoing public on Mars and Uranus feel the same frustration with their sci-fi blockbusters.

:whatever:
I don't mind events occuring on earth, i just don't want them to always occur here for the same reason...

i.e. we are this wonderful planet that can offer plenty of resources. The fact of the matter is that we are pretty much too damn far away from anyone for anything to warrant such a trip.

now if however something is sent here on purpose so that it is unavoidable to wish to come to earth, then i can warrant this.

i'd rather have a mcgaffin driving the story rather than the 'inslave humanity/energy/resources' trifle that i always get.

but honestly, like i said before, they're both pretty bad ideas.

best solution for me was to hit crash ship, hit meteorite, hitch hike, bash something else that dumps all spark on moon, have everybody land on earth and chaos starts on how to get to the moon etc...

in the end, the moon is transformed into new cybertron and meg's body is left floating in out space to be picked up by someone...or something...

I wasn't easily impressed by the Allspark either; what ever happened to the Matrix and energon.

I don't think they should have come here with the intent of raping our planet's resources... but I think that should have been why they stayed and started a war.

Perhaps the sequel can rectify the idiotic Allspark and glasses plot... though so many important issues were raised by those that I fear they've backed themselves into a bit of a corner.

Still... the film had no problem presenting totally flawed logic, so I see no reason they can't continue the tradition.

i.e. we are this wonderful planet that can offer plenty of resources. The fact of the matter is that we are pretty much too damn far away from anyone for anything to warrant such a trip.

now if however something is sent here on purpose so that it is unavoidable to wish to come to earth, then i can warrant this.

i'd rather have a mcgaffin driving the story rather than the 'inslave humanity/energy/resources' trifle that i always get.

but honestly, like i said before, they're both pretty bad ideas.

Which is why both the cartoon and comic book had them coming here by accident... and even then 4 million(!) years ago. Definately not the traditional invasion plot... and actually full of irony. Waking up in a planet full of latent, stored energy (as oppossed to unharvestable explosive, kinetic energy like Venus or whatever) was something they didn't see coming. Pretty original IMO.

i thought the all spark thing was corny at first too, but then i realized that every origin of life we have is pretty much just as corny sounding if you think about it.
like everything randomly appeared by God or nothing exploded and created everything. either one of those 2 are just as crazy sounding as a all powerful cube creating life

i'm not so sure ppl here are attacking the cube itself as much as they are the idea that the first movie revolved around it

if that's the case

i think it's great that the first movie attacked the issue of their creation

Personally speaking, I liked the idea of the allspark. It added an air of mystery and timelessness to the origin of the transformers. I just wonder where it will go from here - will it's origin eventually be explained in a comparable fashion to G1, i.e. the allspark is basically a housing for the essence of Primus?

As far as activating any inanimate mechanical object and turning it into a Transformer, that can be easily explained by Nanotechnology. It would also explain how the allspark is able to rapidly increase or decrease in size.

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"