Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

They cast Jessica Alba to play Sue Storm and made her look weird by trying to digitally make her eyes blue in addition to her blonde wig. If they wanted Sue Storm to be comic book accurate why did they cast Alba in the first place?

She wore contacts in both movies, she looked fine in the first movie, she just looked like Barbie in the 2nd movie.

They cast Jessica Alba to play Sue Storm and made her look weird by trying to digitally make her eyes blue in addition to her blonde wig. If they wanted Sue Storm to be comic book accurate why did they cast Alba in the first place?

She was kind of the "it" girl at the time.

Yep. she definitely was. In any event, I don't care if an actor wears contacts or a wig to look more like the character they're portraying but I do care about how good it looks so I can't notice it's obviously a fake piece. Well, both Jessica Alba and Kate Mara suffered from a bad wig. At least Fox was consistent in that department. :D

It's amazing that we got an invisible girl that is one of the weakest female characters I've seen on film. Who likes to listen to music and wears headphones all the time. Who has constant changing hair style's/colors. Is from Kosovo, (a point that seems completely irrelevant). Has absolutely no chemistry with her future husband/boyfriend. And to top it all off, turns invisible maybe once during the whole movie! Great job Trank!

Don't forget she wasn't even allowed to go on the journey to Planet Whateverthe****itwascalled with the Drunktastic 3 and Victor Von Dud.

Funny thing is that Jessica Alba HATED working on the Fantastic Four films. She told a story where the director kept telling her to "cry pretty" and even told her to just stand there so they could CGI her tears in during a crying scene. She said it made her want to quit the business.

Perhaps they should hire a director that isn't awful to the lead actress.

So let me get this straight, you're going to defend this movie at nearly every turn yet you don't want to be labelled a "defender".

I haven't "defended the movie at every turn".

I find labeling people "haters" or "defenders" inane.

She looked perfectly fine in the first movie
tumblr_n512a0Ptoh1r0xw5zo5_250.gif

So casting her was no problem. They just went overboard on the 2nd for some reason
6a00cdf39d6877cb8f00d09e782dcabe2b.jpg

Just as Kate Mara looked fine until they wigged it up
movies-kate-mara-fantastic-four-wig.jpg

Alba was the "it girl" solely due to her looks. She's a mediocre at best actress and that's why her acting career is **** now.

She's got her billion dollar business now though so I suppose that isn't a big deal to her.

So casting her was no problem. They just went overboard on the 2nd for some reason

I always wondered if that was some kind of nod to her being a celebrity, and in the public eye and whatnot. But there's not much about that in her story in the film.

Alba was the "it girl" solely due to her looks. She's a mediocre at best actress and that's why her acting career is **** now.

She's got her billion dollar business now though so I suppose that isn't a big deal to her.

I think it has more to do with her stepping away from acting then her not being able to land anything. Hollywood didn't get rid of her, she got rid of them.

Nah she wasn't getting the coveted roles.

What role did she not get?

She is a huge fan of Robert Rodriguez and has done 5 films for him.

She loves doing indie films on the whole, and has done several since F4.

She got married, 2 children, a billion business.

She doesn't need Hollywood, she took her money, invested it and has done quite well.

Just looked up Alba's net worth. Wasn't expecting it to be $200m.

She's worth more than what FFINO will make WW.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE HONEST COMPANY! OMG, their shampoo/body wash is great!

That's the only thing I have to contribute, LOL!!

What business does Jessica Alba have now?

There was a reason for the wig...that is a duh. She had cut her hair, so they needed a wig.

THERE WAS NO REASON for a bad wig...that looked nothing like her hair throughout the rest of the movie.

At least they got a good wig that looked like Alba's hair throughout the first movie when they added two more scenes after she had cut her hair.

Don't even talk to me about the 2nd movie and Alba's wig...that was a horror movie until the second half, and then they went back to the horror movie for the wedding.

Or just write the shorter hair into the story. Is Sue not allowed to get a haircut or something? Even that would have been preferable to a godawful wig.

Damn, Kate Mara's Sue Storm sucks so bad this topic has become all about Jessica Alba. :D

BOTH versions of Sue were bad. And in neither case was it really the actress's fault. I'm not a huge fan of Alba and feel like she was miscast, but the script did her no favors by giving her very little good material to work with. And I LIKED Mara's casting, but they gave her even LESS to work with.

What business does Jessica Alba have now?

She's part owner of a company that produces All-Natural products. Or something along those lines.

She looked really good in the 1st FF4 film. She looked fairly natural and didn't seem too over the top. The 2nd film put her in bad, near skin colored wigs and over done makeup.

It wasn't the looks as Sue Storm, she was clearly miscast.

The fact that they miscast Sue twice without giving her anything significant to do only further proves Fox does not need to be handling F4.

I always wondered if that was some kind of nod to her being a celebrity, and in the public eye and whatnot. But there's not much about that in her story in the film.

No the reason for the look in the 2nd film, is that in the first film Jessica died her hair, and she publicly stated that the strip bleaching of her hair, ruined it, so she didn't want to do that for the second movie, where they used a wig. The wig just looked fake and out of place. But it looked more natural in the first film, because that's her real hair.

No the reason for the look in the 2nd film, is that in the first film Jessica died her hair, and she publicly stated that the strip bleaching of her hair, ruined it, so she didn't want to do that for the second movie, where they used a wig. The wig just looked fake and out of place. But it looked more natural in the first film, because that's her real hair.

There are 2 scenes in the first movie where she has a wig on because they were added scenes, and she had already cut her hair. I'm not sure why they didn't just use that wig again, you couldn't tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"