Cancelled shows of Tomorrow: The War on Chuck Lorre - Part 9

Pour one out for The Mick. :csad:

Good to know that they know its the final season.

whatever

the NFL gets more viewers in a single game than a lot of these shows will see over their entire season run

not to mention the World Series, the World Cup, AND the US Open

all on Fox

oh but you want your silly genre show, thats totally more important

Both groups of people can be accommodated. But you want your silly games in which grown men dress in tights and fight over a ball to take precedence. See, I can be a condescending smartass too.

Like I said earlier. In this day and age both shows and sports can be accomodated without one killing or harming the other, thanks to streaming distribution and multiple network channels and the ability to have 24 hour broadcasting because of DVR, but networks refuse to enter the 21st century. Most of their genre shows could air at any time during a 24 hour day and people could DVR them and watch them whenever. Or they could be released on a streaming service and be watched at any time. Sports need never interfere with them. But networks think shows can only air during a small part of the day on their channels because they are so obsessed with ad space and live views for every single program. Youre right about the insane amounts of revenue that sports bring in. So much revenue in fact that these networks can more than afford to accomodate both sports and these "silly" genre shows. With what they make from sports and all the other things they are involved in they can afford to keep these genre shows without worrying about these shows' ad space revenue at all. Hell, Fox is going to be owned by Disney which means they can pretty much afford to do whatever.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand how network television works in the US. The networks only control a set amount of time on any given television station.

Also, Disney is not buying the Fox Network.

Can't say I'm surprised...I'd definitely lost interest. 20-something episodes per season of "We're hired to a job, we do the job, something goes wrong, we jerry rig a solution" lol.

It was probably one of the most formulaic shows on tv.

Can't say I'm surprised...I'd definitely lost interest. 20-something episodes per season of "We're hired to a job, we do the job, something goes wrong, we jerry rig a solution" lol.

I lost interest early in season 2. The characters also got too annoying.

Yeah, nothing about the formula changed or so...that kind of premise gets boring very fast.

I was with the show until early this season when i lost interest.
I liked the characters and all but character can only save a show to an extent, they cant carry the show if the plot is not interesting.

Its a shame because Scorpion would have had a lot of potential with the characters.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/the-x-files-season-12-update-canceled-fox-gillian-anderson/

Fox is shutting down The X-Files — for now at least. In a conference call with reporters early Monday, network co-chairman and CEO Gary Newman revealed that “there are no plans to do another season at the moment.” His remarks come two months after the conclusion of the show’s 11th season, which leading lady Gillian Anderson previously announced would be her last.

In the wake of The X-Files’ Season 11 finale, series creator Chris Carter told TVLine, “I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be more X-Files, in some shape or form. I think there are lots more stories to tell and ways to tell them. I’m leaving this as a giant cliffhanger, and Gillian has announced that she’s not coming back. Hard-core X-Files fans know there have been no real endings on the show.”

In January, Anderson elaborated on her decision to bid Scully adieu, explaining that “there are lots of things that I want to do in my life and career. It’s been an extraordinary opportunity. I’m extremely grateful. [But] I don’t want to be tied down to doing one thing for months and months… I like to be challenged as an actor. That’s why I got into this business. And it’s time for me to hang up Scully’s hat. This is it for me — I’m really serious.”

Basically she's sick of being the object of neck beard lust.

They are really clinging on to that show, huh?

It was never for me, desipte how much I like Gregg, but this is excellent news for the fans.

They really came down to the wire on SHIELD. The season finale was doubling as a series finale if they didn't get picked up so the writers knew it was a possibility.

What more can they do?

Fresh Off the Boat and Speechless bumped to Fridays? Jeez...

Fresh off the Boat's ratings have remained stable so the move to Fridays is confusing. They'll probably lose half their live audience. I would have kept it where it was for one more season, then move it to Modern Family's slot after that since that show is apparently ending its run next year.

SHIELD is also airing in the summer to totally side step any potential spoiler or continuity issues with Avengers 4. Smart move.

Friday night is a death slot for anything that is not like a cult fan thing like Shield or Z Nation or some ****.

SHIELD is also airing in the summer to totally side step any potential spoiler or continuity issues with Avengers 4. Smart move.

That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't see how a season 6 of AOS could really work if it were set after Infinity War and before Avengers 4. Unless they disconnected themselves.

So how many cop shows/medical dramas are on the networks this season? Have we reached 50 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"