Iron Fist Cancelled!

I wouldn't recast. I honestly don't think Finn is the problem. I think he was perfectly fine as Danny in the Luke Cage episode he appeared and he has his moments. The larger issue to me seems to be the way the character is written. They need writers who can write the character better.
You know the funny thing is, Finn feels more like Iron Fist when he's not acting and doing press runs, then when he's actually filming on set as Iron Fist. Scott Buck set Danny Rand on the wrong path, and despite the improved season 2, they still couldn't course correct his personality.

I thought season 2 was a huge improvement upon the previous one and it’s a real shame there isn’t going to be a third. Unless it can get picked up elsewhere?

Depending on how Avengers 4 turns out, they can always say Danny was the victim of the snap.

And if he's brought back, he's a completely different person. A better fighter, more light hearted and not Finn Jones.

Now the question is: was Scott Buck also a victim of the snap. :o

I thought season 2 was a huge improvement upon the previous one and it’s a real shame there isn’t going to be a third. Unless it can get picked up elsewhere?

it's not what's gonna happen and I so called this happening instead he'll be showing inthe other net flix shows.
‘Iron Fist’ star Finn Jones responds to show’s cancellation

Not much to go on, but it's as people probably expected or hoped for regarding the characters. Luke Cage would be the logical choice not just for the Heroes for Hire for connection, but it seems like writers who don't write Iron Fist have a better sense of the character and his personality than the writers and directors on his own show.

Or maybe he goes to Hell's Kitchen to bug Jessica or Matt. Team him up with Daredevil and you've got a formidable fighting duo. Or heck, maybe Danny just takes a really long trip and ends up in Runaways or Cloak and Dagger territory.
If that's the case. I so called it.
mostly cause the half the show runners / (actually>>) producers are from marvel side ( joe Q & Lobdell )and they would do that out of stubbornness/ denial.

it'll be better if he stay's to both Luke cage and Dare devil. If he goes to JJ all her snarking about him will remind people why his show fell apart if they still continue their stubborn path. Also they should also be putting through better fight coordinators in the show as well. Not sure if it'll improve him but they will need to . other wise he probable need to be re casted but I'm hoping it was actually more the scripts and them not making him work harder then it being him.

Anyone that's offering cookies I'll take life time supple that say or thinks it.
And if he's brought back, he's a completely different person. A better fighter, more light hearted and not Finn Jones.

Now the question is: was Scott Buck also a victim of the snap. :o
that would be so cool dark raven need to be part of the writers staff. Or over see them

I guess the ratings for season 2 were really bad. Not a surprise, because it seems like season 1 was universally reviled and The Defenders was a bit of a disappointment, both in terms of ratings and overall product. If I remember right, season 1 got really good ratings but it sounds like people weren’t interested in coming back. I still haven’t watched season 2. I’ll get around to it eventually but now I wonder if I should even bother.

I do love Colleen though and I hope she becomes a regular on Luke Cage. Or maybe they could do a Daughters of the Dragon show. Don’t really care if we see Danny again. I liked him a lot in that one Luke Cage episode but that wasn’t enough to make me need to see more of him.

I had the same thought, let's hope the mirroring continues with a fun '80s style HFH series in a relatively short while, .

that was what hooked me in, hot-tempered, street smart Luke and cool, wise but inexperienced with the world Danny. Netflix made Danny hot-tempered and Luke cool headed.

Can't say I'm surprised. This show deserved to be canceled...but I dislike dropping plot threads. At least Danny is out of the main MCU picture...off searching the world, so it isnt like his non-appearances won't make sense. He can stay gone for awhile and then come back for a guest appearance as a completely different dude.

I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled and I enjoyed Season 2 as it was a marked improvement on Season 1 [not hard admittedly; so poor was S1] but if I take my rose tinted specs off, I have to recognise that in retrospect this show by and large failed to live up to its potential - it could have been the coolest show around [source material is a costume wearing hero who is one of the best martial artists in the world and has a glowing fist that he got from a dragon fer chrissakes] and/or, if nothing else, it should have at least been the best martial arts show in town but it couldn't even do that.

I said this in another thread but I'm kind of happy it got cancelled as it sends a message to Loeb and co just how badly they screwed up the character. I am all for different takes on comic book characters but if youre gonna do it at least make it interesting. Buck's take on Danny was baffling and boring.

Danny was supposed to be the fun Defender. The one who provided some levity amongst his brooding peers. In The Defenders he shouldve been the one who was all like "this is awesome! We're fighting ninjas, guys! Quick, Luke, throw me at one!" Instead he was just as angsty and brooding and tortured as Matt, Jessica and Luke. I'm not saying he shouldnt have had some conflict and his own issues to work out but for all intents and purposes he shouldve been the guy who actually found joy in suiting up and Kung Fu'ing bad guys. From episode 1 Danny shouldve been hittin the streets wearin' that yellow rag around his head and swinging that glowing fist around like a badass but instead...eh whatever...

I'm disappointed that it's been cancelled and I enjoyed Season 2 as it was a marked improvement on Season 1 [not hard admittedly; so poor was S1] but if I take my rose tinted specs off, I have to recognise that in retrospect this show by and large failed to live up to its potential - it could have been the coolest show around [source material is a costume wearing hero who is one of the best martial artists in the world and has a glowing fist that he got from a dragon fer chrissakes] and/or, if nothing else, it should have at least been the best martial arts show in town but it couldn't even do that.
It wasn't even close to an average martial arts show. Noone will ever be able to convince me that this version of Danny Rand could kick my ass, even with his glowing fist.

It wasn't even close to an average martial arts show. Noone will ever be able to convince me that this version of Danny Rand could kick my ass, even with his glowing fist.

The only martial arts show that was probably worse than this was Kung Fu. David Carradine sucked at martial arts, and his acting was really wooden too.

I love the character, and because I do I have zero &^%*s about them canceling this.

The only martial arts show that was probably worse than this was Kung Fu. David Carradine sucked at martial arts, and his acting was really wooden too.
it's very strange that series Ran on for so long though and had actors & actress like Nev Campbell come up through in guest spots as teens like in the legend continues showing his quarter Asian son that was a cop in the series before they made it big.

Last edited:
With its R Rated tone I can’t see Iron Fist going to Disney Play, but I can see it over at Hulu. Is there anything stopping it from moving there??

With its R Rated tone I can’t see Iron Fist going to Disney Play, but I can see it over at Hulu. Is there anything stopping it from moving there??
yes they said he'll be guest staring through out the net flix verse instead and Disney promised to be hands off the net flix series after accusation of fans saying if disney they take those series from net flix for their streaming channels they won't be as mature rated as they were on net flix. cause the usual presumption how they cater to familys.

this said by bob igor him self long before the ironfistshowwas cancelled and with mention of their marvel streaming program talks. .they aren't taking the shows from net flix and iron fist is of that universe.

the actor & the character of net flix will be guest staring and showing up through out the Net flix verse for the time being while luke going through his crime lord phase to case harlem in his own show.

there seem's to be a weird mess with a balance of power be left open in harlem. I'm pretty sure it'll lead to a turf war be tween crime lord's in the third season of Luke cage once ht head's there. And his rep as the hero of harlem will be tainted. so all they have to do is have danny bring heroes for hire to help Luke get his rep back at the end of that season .

Last edited:
There’s no chance in Hel that the movie division is going to now put Iron Fist onto the big screen. Feige has said he wants the MCU to go cosmic. The only tv hero who has a chance of crossing over is Daredevil and those chances are slim.

Fiege will want more properties to adapt as they continue to diversify the MCU genres and film styles. Iron Fist is perfect for that. Fiege could give us a full reboot and just state this isn't canon.

Also, I'd argue Daredevil is the least likely since his devil imagery may not be something Disney wants associated with their family friendly movies.

Feige will want to expand the cosmic side significantly sure, but I think he'll still want to keep the Earth-based presence strong too.

Has there been a case in which a series from one streaming service is picked up by another streaming service? I expect that after Iron Fist is picked up by anything, either network/ cable TV or streaming (if it's picked up by anything), Netflix still has exclusive right for worldwide streaming of season 1 and 2. If Iron Fist is picked up by Hulu/ Amazon, etc., I suppose season 3 will be stream exclusively by Hulu in the US right? Does that mean an audience (in the US) will have to sign up for both Netflix and Hulu to watch the whole series? Marketing that would be hard.

Which is why I think it's unlikely it's picked up by a streaming service.

Has there been a case in which a series from one streaming service is picked up by another streaming service? I expect that after Iron Fist is picked up by anything, either network/ cable TV or streaming (if it's picked up by anything), Netflix still has exclusive right for worldwide streaming of season 1 and 2. If Iron Fist is picked up by Hulu/ Amazon, etc., I suppose season 3 will be stream exclusively by Hulu in the US right? Does that mean an audience (in the US) will have to sign up for both Netflix and Hulu to watch the whole series? Marketing that would be hard.

Which is why I think it's unlikely it's picked up by a streaming service.
No, no, no. Just let it fall from memory for the time being. Let Disney Play do Iron Fist proper and see if they can strike some gold with this property.

No, no, no. Just let it fall from memory for the time being. Let Disney Play do Iron Fist proper and see if they can strike some gold with this property.

What do you mean? If Disney Play (that's the name of the Disney streaming service right?) orders a third season, Netflix still has exclusive streaming right of the first 2 seasons in the US right? Or do you mean recasting Danny Rand and making an unrelated series or making him supporting character in other series?

Just wait till Netflix cancels them all then reboot the lot of them.... until then iron fist is just a bland guest character in LC DD or any of the rest.... Sorry but the foundation this series laid was fatal from the start

What do you mean? If Disney Play (that's the name of the Disney streaming service right?) orders a third season, Netflix still has exclusive streaming right of the first 2 seasons in the US right? Or do you mean recasting Danny Rand and making an unrelated series or making him supporting character in other series?
Just dropped the continuation of the show. Wait a while then retry and this time--return to formula. Give me the IF mask. The Over the top, Martial Arts. Laid-back and fun Danny Rand. They need to wow people with Iron Fist.

Something Netflix just couldn't do with their cast and crew.

Fiege will want more properties to adapt as they continue to diversify the MCU genres and film styles. Iron Fist is perfect for that. Fiege could give us a full reboot and just state this isn't canon.

Also, I'd argue Daredevil is the least likely since his devil imagery may not be something Disney wants associated with their family friendly movies.

They could put him in the original yellow and black costume where the focus was more on actually being a daredevil like someone who was daring and the emphasis on the first part of the word instead of the second.

I now fully believe all of those rumors that were circulating about Marvel not knowing what to do with Iron Fist before the show went into production. Its clear there was a lot of turmoil bts and no one knew wtf they were doing and I am baffled as to why. Did they just...simply not have the budget? Did they not have the time to hire good fight coordinators to make kickass action scenes? Were they afraid his costume would look toto silly? Did Jeph Loeb genuinely buy inyo Buck's pitch for the character? At what point did this go wrong when they nailed the other three Defenders so well?

I don't think it's a single reason but a bunch of collective reasons for why it failed.

A big thing for me is the premise was weak. Danny comes home and meanders around for several episodes and then they simply solve the problem after he meets Meachum again.

The premise is simple. Danny left K'un L'un because he wanted revenge. He knows his parents are murdered and he's on a warpath. Unfortunately, because it was a plane crash, it seemed like an accident at first, even though Danny had its suspicions. They had to make it clear from the outset, Danny is back in NY for revenge and he's looking at all the parties he believes are responsible for his parents death and looking to connect the dots.

The climax should've been like in the comics. Danny finds out its Meachum, who maybe he's not an amputee, but he's terminally ill and Danny takes pity on him. And he finally lets go of his revenge. Then someone else murders Meachum and Joy blames Danny as a result and that's why she wants revenge on him instead of the pitiful setup for Season 2. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"