Cannibal Holocaust - Has anyone made it through this?

Ogrish.com is a website that specializes in...oh, you don't want to know.

The point I had to cut the movie off?

When they lay a monkey down and take a machette and chop half his head off

You know what's strange, of course, it's reprehensible to kill an animal with the intent to "entertain", you'd have to be a sick-oaf to get off on that, an innocent, helpless animal.

But I was thinking about it and in reality anyone that eats meat of any kind is also culpable in the killing of animals for entertainment...culinary entertainment.
Because we do not need to eat meat to survive. You can get all the nutrients your body needs from plant-based foods. It's a fact.
But you buy a steak, or some chicken McNuggets, or so escargot, etc.
because you like the taste.
The ONLY reason to eat meat (I mean in developed countries of course) is to entertain your taste buds.

I've never had the chance to see it, and I haven't really pursued it. I consider myself a pretty seasoned horror buff, and it's something that I'd like to watch eventually, even if it's just to say that I've seen it.

ogrish used to be a fave website of mine but one day it just clicked and i said wtf and never went on again...that click must of been me growing up

...or you getting jaded/de-sensitized, bored or profoundly depressed by the state of the world and our own insignificance/mortality.
That's why I stopped perusing.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
You know what's strange, of course, it's reprehensible to kill an animal with the intent to "entertain", you'd have to be a sick-oaf to get off on that, an innocent, helpless animal.

But I was thinking about it and in reality anyone that eats meat of any kind is also culpable in the killing of animals for entertainment...culinary entertainment.
Because we do not need to eat meat to survive. You can get all the nutrients your body needs from plant-based foods. It's a fact.
The ONLY reason to eat meat (I mean in developed countries of course) is to entertain your taste buds.

In a somewhat related point, the killing of animals is the final straw for most people while watching this movie, while people are getting raped and killed realistically enough to get the director arrested.

Yes, heh, our society's acceptance of the idea of violence against humans as entertainment has always made me roll the Hell out of my eyes, when they get all up in arms about other things like nudity or foul language.:confused:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

I'm tired and hungry :(

Graphic rape and torture of people is ok, just don't kill the animals. :D

Its been a few years since ive seen this and I don't remember all of it (Thank God). Some things I do remember (I think), ferret looking creature gets gutted alive, turtle gets dismembered, rape, guys gets penis cut off, guy gets gutted alive. I'm pretty sure all of that is in it, plus more I can't remember. Even if you are a horror fan, I would think twice about seeing it. Its not Halloween or Friday the 13th type horror, its gross out horror (for my tastes anyway, Hostel is tame compared to this).

They actually went to court about this film because apparantly people thought that PEOPLE died in the making of this movie, but it turned out they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"