First Avenger Cap using multiple weapons?

I think the whole idea of the SSP should be shown to improve every aspect of Cap as a soldier, and that should include his use of weapons. I mean shouldn't the program have had in mind that with Cap's incredible strenghth, and enhanced focus, that he'd be a better shot with a rifle than the average trooper thus making him a more efficient weapon for the war.

I think the whole idea of the SSP should be shown to improve every aspect of Cap as a soldier, and that should include his use of weapons. I mean shouldn't the program have had in mind that with Cap's incredible strength, and enhanced focus, that he'd be a better shot with a rifle than the average trooper thus making him a more efficient weapon for the war.

Agreed. Although there should be scenes showing Steve Rogers receiving extensive training so that he knows how to use his enhanced physical skills. He would still need to be taught marksmanship and fighting techniques after the SS serum injection.

I always thought Captain America was so skilled he didn't need a gun.

He could take out a dozen Nazis with his shield, incredible athleticism, and battle strategy. Anyone else would be killed easily.

yea he mainly uses the shield as his weapon. but that doesnt mean he cant use guns, bombs, knifes, etc.... when needed too.

Let me rephrase: SUPER heroes don't kill.

Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk, War Machine, Bucky Cap, Moon Knight.... in the words of Hit-Girl "What is this? The Silver Age?" Not to mention he's fighting in WORLD WAR II! I agree, Steve Rogers' Captain America should NOT use guns, knives as a superhero patrolling the streets in modern times, but in WORLD WAR II? Believe me, there were thousands of Americans who were above using weapons in the 40's who were forced to use them for survival. Caps no different. Sure, he's a super soldier, but he's not Clark Kent. A bullet to the face will still put him six feet under.

I think he should use one for most of the film, but something goes wrong with one of his weapons (accidentally kills a civilian or Ally Soldier) & he decides to stop using them. Though that would be near or right before the final battle.

I would prefer him to be against the use of guns from the beginning of the film, but he uses them throughout the film because he has to, its war. A "desperate times call for desperate measures" kinda situation.

I just don't see how he can't use guns in a world war. Now if he's carrying a pistol in The Avengers, I'll have a problem.

I wouldn't mind Steve not wanting to use them, but once he gets into the war he HAS to use them to survive & save his soldiers.

yea that could work, steve only uses guns/bombs/etc.... when he absolutely needs to. But then on the other hand doesnt really like the usage of them.

Yah I really feel like thats the best representation of the character. He uses them when he has to, but he doesn't like them. That way, in WWII he's forced to use them in quite a few battles, but we NEVER have to see him using them in The Avengers and Cap sequels.

I wouldn't mind him using a gun in WWII, but when it shifts to present day, I would hope that he doesn't like the modernized weapons and prefers to just use his shield since that was a weapon of his that got stuck with him over time.

For those saying he should be reluctant to use weapons...
He's not going to be desperate to join this great crusade, so desperate he ingests and experimental serum, and then be a pacifist. That would just look ridiculous.

For those saying he should be reluctant to use weapons...
He's not going to be desperate to join this great crusade, so desperate he ingests and experimental serum, and then be a pacifist. That would just look ridiculous.

I agree, but that doesn't mean he wants to kill. He shouldn't say "NO NEVER" to guns, but he should say "Only if I have to"..... plus bashing with shields isn't very "pacifists"

Yah I really feel like thats the best representation of the character. He uses them when he has to, but he doesn't like them. That way, in WWII he's forced to use them in quite a few battles, but we NEVER have to see him using them in The Avengers and Cap sequels.

Yeah I'm with you on this. I think its a little ridiculous to say that he should never have a gun on him during WWII. Cap's a soldier, and a every single soldier should have a gun on him. I don't care if he doesn't use it or not, but he should have one on him. Its all about context.

But in the Avengers I don't think he should have a gun on him in the Avengers. I prefer he only have his Shield.

I agree that he should at least use some form of weapon in WWII other than his shield, at anytime he could have multiple targets that even with a bouncing super shield he's not going to be able to take out.

However in the Avengers I think it would be just as easy for him to make a comment to Tony or whoever about how uncomfortable guns made him back in the war and his preference not to use them.

Some how picturing present day cap using a gun reminds me of the fight between hulk and blonsky when he was jumping through the air shooting at hulk. It just wouldn't feel right seeing cap performing the same moves.

With Hulk being so abviously powerful, Ironman using guns and missiles, Thor essentially havinh magical powers; lightening, godly strength, I'll be interested to see how the make an atheletic man with a shield seem useful in the team.

With Hulk being so abviously powerful, Ironman using guns and missiles, Thor essentially havinh magical powers; lightening, godly strength, I'll be interested to see how the make an atheletic man with a shield seem useful in the team.

Maybe show off how he is amazing at making battle strategies and showing off his great leadership. That could make him useful to the team. Its just like the comics really.

I think he should use guns throughout the war and not use them when in modern times and not say anything about how he hates guns or whatevs cuz that just sounds contrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"