Super-soldier Action Thread

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by hafizbat, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

2. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

^^^ AWESOME!!! ^^^
    it's like they're read our posts lol

3. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

4. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

[YT]HITcLGS38zk[/YT]

I'm not entirely sure how to embed a video, but if it doesn't work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HITcLGS38zk

Cap is the best hand to hand fighter in the Marvel Universe, he should be able to be at least as good as this guy. Maybe a little bit less kung fu-y though.

5. Triad

Triad Sofa King Suite!

That's a pretty brutal scene. I don't see that style fitting Cap so much, but what a great high adrenaline fight! I loved that flick! I especially like when he ducks his head under the guys kick and tosses him into the corner. Ouch! I always thought with all that meth that getting dispersed into the air during that fight, at least they all must not have felt a darn thing afterwards while they were lying there bleeding!

6. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Haha no doubt about it, the fight scenes in TWS will not and should not be exactly like this fight. It's far too bloody, fast, and Oriental Kung fuey. But my point was that good fight scenes, with clear kicks punches and various moves can be shown well. I think both the Dark Knight trilogy (otherwise brilliant) and Cap: TFA failed to do so when Cap and Batman are two of the most skilled fighters in comics. I want to get the thrill of action that this video had in TWS.

7. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Lol we were just practicing a similar move in MA class lat night, ducking into the groin of the person trying to high kick, and if you messed up grab the leg and toss em, what a coincidence.

8. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

you guys see the 24 minute interview video that released today? more confirmation that cap is much more impressive in the action department this time around.

good times. good times.

9. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Not technically true. However, I don't disagree with your core point. He should come off as extremely skilled in the movies, preferably a little moreso than he already has.

10. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Haha ok true, but I thought Black Widow was actually impressive in the Russia scene in the Avengers, and Cap should at least show that much martial arts prowess.

11. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Not sure if has been posted already but
    [YT]e5EEhanNb8I[/YT]

that would do.
    It's alot better than what has been done in prior MCU(in more ways than just the obvious).

12. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

13. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

I thought the final battle between Iron Man and the Mandarin was well done in Iron Man 3.

The Mandarin was shown as a skilled martial artist, and he moved extremely quick and seemed pretty strong.

Seeing him dodging Iron Man's attacks and somersaulting and using all these martial arts moves got me thinking if they can do the fight scenes for Blonsky in TIH and Mandarin in IM3 so well, why can't they do Cap justice??

Here's hoping that TWS will fix that.

Also, to everyone who says Cap doesn't stand a chance vs Iron Man, I thought the Mandarin had a pretty similar fighting style (with Extremis of course) and put up a pretty good fight. They both are quick and agile, and are skilled in martial arts.

14. Kingdork

Kingdork Well-Known Member

I agree. We have yet to see the super agility and overall fighting skills of Cap to its full extent in the MCU. I still cringe when I see him struggling to take down one guy during the Helicarrier attack in The Avengers. He's the only one who didn't have his moment to shine during that sequence (even though him punching the grenade away was pretty cool). I get that he might be a little rusty since he just emerged from his ice-coma but still...

But yeah I was very impressed with the Mandarin's fighting skills and agility in IM3, and also Tony Stark badassery out of his suits (he had some pretty good moves). So I'm pretty sure Steve Rogers has no choice but to step his game up and prove that he's called the super-soldier for a reason. And I believe that's what we'll get in TWS.

15. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

Great point about Tony Stark! I thought that was one of the strengths of IM3, showing that Stark is more that just his suits.

16. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Q: Can you talk about the new fighting style?

Evans:
    I remember when I first met with the Russos… Has anyone played the Captain America video game? I love it. And I don't like video games. But I loved it because I liked the way Cap moves. He moves so well and beats ass. This is how he should be moving. He doesn't just have speed and power. He's been training. He's got the frame of mind to absorb this information, so you can imagine with his training and abilities, the guy should really be dangerous and we should show this. It's not just taking Jason Bourne, if Bourne can do it, Cap should be flying through these things. We're turning up his power and his speed, so the fights are a bit more grisly.

Q: The use of the shield Cap had in the video game was great.

Evans:
    Yes! The shield and the acrobatics. He's flipping off things and using his environments. It wasn't just punch, punch, kick, kick.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...e-winter-soldier-new-photos-released#/slide/1

17. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Awesome can't wait to see the fight sequences

18. The Caped Knight

I'm loving this description of the action regarding the usage of the Shield

In battling the Winter Soldier, Captain America needs all the resources he can get, including his iconic shield, which has a lot more uses in the film. The shield is traditionally used mostly as a defensive weapon, but in Captain America: The Winter Soldier the filmmakers wanted to explore using it more as an offensive weapon. There are two handles on the shield and Steve Rogers can hold onto the handles in order to utilize it in an eastern style of fighting.

we always get great action shots of the Shield in the comics and animation,

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  19. The Caped Knight

Cap seems much more acrobatic based on this exclusive clip

20. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Not only is CA taking advantage of his brute strength, but he's now using his remarkable speed and agility to take out opponents. When the Russo Bros. said his fighting style would be more brutal, they weren't kidding.

21. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

After seeing the clip/trailer and seeing how he moves, I can't wait to see his fight with Batroc.