• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cap's shield and Wolverine's skeleton

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,458
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Okay, so when Cap takes a punch from Hulk or Thor throws his hammer at him, he can block it with his shield and not knocked off balance. Wolverine can take punches to the head by Namor, Hulk and others from top tier class in strength. Cap's shield is made outta adamantium and so is Wolverine's skeleton. Does the adamatium help take the force outta their punches, so that they don't get hurt? I know Cap has vibranium in his shield so that might explain his part, but what about Wolverine's?
 
Caps shield isn't made of adamantium, its a vibranium/steel fluke of nature.

Wolverine has no vibranium in his skeleton so no force from punches will be absorbed.
 
Marvel.com Marvel Universe said:
Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-metal alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an unknown steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

That's funny, other sources mention adamantium in the mix. I've seen Wolverine take blows that send him flying (Thunderbird's punching him in the jaw comes to mind0 so the adamantium doesn't really give him any more stability apart from the added weight the metal gives him. Years of fighting probably have made him better at taking hits.
 
Tropico said:
That's funny, other sources mention adamantium in the mix. I've seen Wolverine take blows that send him flying (Thunderbird's punching him in the jaw comes to mind0 so the adamantium doesn't really give him any more stability apart from the added weight the metal gives him. Years of fighting probably have made him better at taking hits.
Adamantium was created in an effort to duplicate the metal in Cap's shield -- but a lot of sources get this wrong and say the shield was made from adamantium.
 
I think the only mention of adamatium with Cap's shield is the fact that someone tried to reverse engineer the shield to reproduce the metal but came up with adamatium.

EDIT: XFanTim got it.
 
gildea said:
Wolverine has no vibranium in his skeleton so no force from punches will be absorbed.


Not true. Adimantium is a vibranium/steel composite. It was made while atempting to duplicate Cap's sheild.
 
XFanTim said:
Adamantium was created in an effort to duplicate the metal in Cap's shield -- but a lot of sources get this wrong and say the shield was made from adamantium.

Cool! I thought the shield had adamantium in it, in addition to the vibranium; not that it was adamantium and steel. I know that if it didn't have the vibranium his shield would be FUBAR'ed a long time ago.
 
i'm not claiming to know, but according to wiki (which i know is not 100% accurate) true adamantium doesn't have vibranium in it.
 
The Question said:
Not true. Adimantium is a vibranium/steel composite. It was made while atempting to duplicate Cap's sheild.


So then that explains why Wolverine doesn't get knocked out when hes hit in the head.:up:
 
Kool-Aid said:
So then that explains why Wolverine doesn't get knocked out when hes hit in the head.:up:

He was actually knocked out in the head by Captain America's shield in issue #25 of the Wolverine series.
 
what ever happened to cap's photon shield? i remember him using one for some reason during waid and kubert's run.
 
Batman said:
He was actually knocked out in the head by Captain America's shield in issue #25 of the Wolverine series.

That was a pretty badass secene too.

But also, Wolverine had been on the run for a few weeks, trying to fight mental brainwashing, and had just gotten a hole blown through him, so that would probably account to why he was K.O.ed by Cap and still able to take hits from the Hulk and keep going.
 
He got his old one back. Cap's oldschool. He should give it to Patriot.
 
Dear every body

You're missing the point. The adamantium/viranium composite alloy that comprises Cap's shield is impervious to all harm(presumably the next best thing to total indestructability around-although in the last episode of "Secret Wars" it is shown being destroyed. it has been shown to resist attempts by first Mr Hyde, the Hulk and then the Crimson Dynamo to bend or break it))even more so than the adamantium that comprises Wolverine's claws and entire skeleton)

Just hope this clears up the issue!

Terry
 
Fantasyartist said:
Dear every body

You're missing the point. The adamantium/viranium composite alloy that comprises Cap's shield is impervious to all harm(presumably the next best thing to total indestructability around-although in the last episode of "Secret Wars" it is shown being destroyed. it has been shown to resist attempts by first Mr Hyde, the Hulk and then the Crimson Dynamo to bend or break it))even more so than the adamantium that comprises Wolverine's claws and entire skeleton)

Just hope this clears up the issue!

Terry


There is no Adimantium in Cap's sheild. It's a Vibranium/steel composite with unknown chemicals acting as a catalyst. Adimantium was mademin an atempt to recreat the sheild's properties.
 
Anubis said:
He got his old one back. Cap's oldschool. He should give it to Patriot.
That would be much cooler than sticking Patriot with the old triangular relic. I think the photon shield technology was ripped off by Taskmaster and the actual photon shield itself went to US Agent, though. I don't know what US Agent did with it, but he doesn't use it anymore.
 
It would make sense if USAgent ditched it. With the photon sheild, you have even the slightest electrical error, you're down one weapon. Metal sheild? Not so much.
 
But the photon shield was made by Stark Industries, wasn't it? Well, I guess it'd make sense regardless. US Agent and Iron Man aren't exactly the best of buds after everything that went down in Avengers West Coast.
 
That too. And hell, Stark may be a smart guy, but even his stuff can break down and short out from time to time. All electronics do. And I think USAgent would rather have a perfectly reliable weapon in the feild than one that could, conceivably, break down in a crucial moment.
 
I suppose. The photonic shield's been very reliable for Cap and Taskmaster, though.
 
Well, the military has alot more say over USAgent. And the military doesn't like to use things that are more likely to crap out and harder to fix than basic mechanical bits. A classic example of simple technology trumping high tech stuff is in the show Firefly. Mal's chasing a corrupt billionare who killed someone he knew. The billionare had a laser gun, but when he tried to fire it, the sign blinkes saying "batteries low." Mal then proceeded to kick his ass. Simple is often times better than the high tech stuff. At least when it comes to weapons.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"