The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary how we all want the same things for captain America 2.
Zemo
Winter soldier (even if just hinted)
Widow and hawk eye
Sharon Carter

Sooooo....the movie should write itself ...so how are they going to screw it up? Who is the director?

Uwe Boll :o

I think it'd be cool if you don't actually see Winter Soldier in this movie, but he's just hidden in every frame somewhere.
Like steve walks past bucky with a hood on the street, then you see a figure standing on a rooftop (almost imperceptibly) far behind cap in another scene, then a shadow whips past the camera in another.
Have him be almost constantly in the movie, but you don't really see him unless someone points it out

I think it'd be cool if you don't actually see Winter Soldier in this movie, but he's just hidden in every frame somewhere.
Like steve walks past bucky with a hood on the street, then you see a figure standing on a rooftop (almost imperceptibly) far behind cap in another scene, then a shadow whips past the camera in another.
Have him be almost constantly in the movie, but you don't really see him unless someone points it out
That's how I always thought they should reveal WS. Maybe show some assassinations where there's some possible evidence that lets Steve know the killer is someone from his past.

Aaah... I do hope the let Bucky rest in peace for at least ONE sequel. Then they can screw up as much as they want, bringing Bucky back from the dead.
Really, WS is not a good character. At least not as good to forget what Bucky's death stood for all these years.

Disagreed, WS was a better story than pretty much anything that has happened to Cap in decades.
it tested him mentally and emotionally like very few of his rogue's gallery does.
MODOK?... nahhhh, give me Winter Soldier any day

Last edited:
I think conceptually, Winter Soldier is a good idea (though not my preference for Cap 2). However, I do think the story itself falls into the trap most modern comics today do: too many splash pages, and a rushed ending. Not a whole lot happens in the first few parts other than talking, and when we finally get a major action scene, it is brief and loaded with splash pages. Comics today waste so many panels, it is ridiculous. It slows the story and leads to poor pacing.

I think conceptually, Winter Soldier is a good idea (though not my preference for Cap 2). However, I do think the story itself falls into the trap most modern comics today do: too many splash pages, and a rushed ending. Not a whole lot happens in the first few parts other than talking, and when we finally get a major action scene, it is brief and loaded with splash pages. Comics today waste so many panels, it is ridiculous. It slows the story and leads to poor pacing.

I so agree with what you said about the lack of real action and the overuse of splash pages in current comics. It's as if artist have lost the ability to draw convincing action sequences, while the writers have characters spend entire issues talking for endless pages with nothing else happening. The reams of dialogue don't really lead anywhere, but they do give artists a break from trying to draw characters doing anything other than standing around jawboning.

When I tried to give AVX a chance, I was put off by the fact that entire issues consisted of splash pages/2-page spreads in which no action took place. For an event predicated on a "war" between the two teams, there is far more talking than fighting. And none of that dialogue advances the story very far. Four dollars per issue is far too much to waste on non-events like that.

Latinoreview has recently reported from trusted sources that Black Panther is the "mystery" movie slated for release in 2014. Indieblog has an interesting addendum to that, indicating that they've heard separately that T'challa is supposed to debut with a cameo in CA2:

Of course, none of this is official and it could be wrong, but many of the pieces fit into place and also remember, Mark Bailey was hired to write a script more than a year ago. We recenty had heard separately that Black Panther was going to be set up/cameo in the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger," and with this bit of news, that seems to make a lot of sense.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-reportedly-be-a-black-panther-movie-20120605

also coming from LatinoReview is that they'll be revealing the hired director for Captain America 2 tomorrow... this sounds like the first of many Marvel scoops from them

also coming from LatinoReview is that they'll be revealing the hired director for Captain America 2 tomorrow... this sounds like the first of many Marvel scoops from them

Although SHH now says their sources say LR's report about BP is not true (see main page)....so I don't know what to believe.

Although SHH now says their sources say LR's report about BP is not true (see main page)....so I don't know what to believe.

SHH is apart of ComingSoon which is a ******** blog that never credits original sources of their posted material, they hijack interview quotes and images all the time neither are creditable blogs...

LatinoReview originally broke the news on Loki being the villain Avengers along with clearing up who is the main villain in Iron Man 3... I sort of trust them as they've been on the money a majority of the time.. plus they've stated four of their sources have confirmed the Black Panther news.. also if BadassDigest is running the news believe it... Devin has just as many sources inside Marvel

Hot diggity! Cap 2's finally got its own subboard! :woot:

I think we should all write a letter to the writers pleading them to put Winter Solider in...

1. Because it would be mind blowingly awesome.
2. Because I love looking at Sebastian Stan...

Ok, now that were finally getting some movement here, must subscribe and participate.

I'd be cool with WS being the mysterious subplot but not the main one.

Comic-wise, is there another major Cap storyline that the sequel could draw from that isn't Winter Soldier? Honestly, I've mostly familiar with Brubaker's Cap and the various Avengers storylines that Cap is a part of, but besides fighting HYDRA or AIM or Zemo, I'm sort of drawing a blank.

Ok, now that were finally getting some movement here, must subscribe and participate.
They've created a bunch of great concept/promo art for Cap 2 already) So yeah, it's totally on!

Comic-wise, is there another major Cap storyline that the sequel could draw from that isn't Winter Soldier? Honestly, I've mostly familiar with Brubaker's Cap and the various Avengers storylines that Cap is a part of, but besides fighting HYDRA or AIM or Zemo, I'm sort of drawing a blank.
Captain America No More was a great arc in the late 80's.

They've created a bunch of great concept/promo art for Cap 2 already) So yeah, it's totally on!
Yes!:up:

Think this is the 1st Marvel hire that I've never seen a thing that the prospective Directors have done. (Not saying that's a bad thing).
Same here but sometimes going with someone new gives you a fresh way of shooting.

I have faith in the decision because it's Marvel, but my reaction is one of...Um..okay? Underwhelming to say the least.-- Admittedly, I don't watch Community, but even if I did, a pair of TV directors being thrust into the middle of the CBM world and more importantly the MCU..slightly worrisome.

I agree Marcvader, hopefully they don't buckle and give us a **** sequel. Hopefully they take on some veteran CBM/MCU guys as producers and such to help em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"