First Avenger Captain America needs to be the ANTI-GI JOE

There is a reason why most comic book fans think Ultimate Cap is a prick. It's because he is one of those extreme American zealots bordering on racist, that you seem to think is a true American for some strange reason.
I just want to step in and defend the Ultimates real quick. I don't think Ultimate Cap is a prick. He's actually closer to the Golden Age Captain America than most modern portrayals of the character (I have trade paperbacks of those early books). I'm not sure how he's racist/xenophobic, or a government tool either. He was the one who said the Ultimates had to be independent of the government at the end of Ultimates 2 and has helped the Black Panther escape back to Wakanda because he didn't agree with how S.H.I.E.L.D. had been using him in the Ultimate Captain America annual. He has also talked about how the ones who start wars are seldom the ones who end up fighting them. He's not a one-note jingoist.

I often see people hating on Ultimate Captain America but I get the impression they haven't actually read many comic books with him in them. He's definitely rougher around the edges then mainstream Cap and I don't approval of everything he does, but I think the character gets unfairly maligned.

Last edited:
Turtles, don't come here in my thread with that weak sauce. No it doesn't mean any of that. Captain America at one point lost faith in himself and was down himself and America and guess what? HE GOT OVER IT!

Oh, I'm just bringing Nomad up because the character is undeniable proof it is easily possible for Steve Rogers, and any other character, to stand up for America ideals and fight for the country without wrapping themselves in the flag and putting "America" in their name.

What Steve Roger's believed in, and fought for, didn't magically change when he dropped the Captain America title and switched costumes, so all this **** you keep saying about how iconic characters are suddenly bad just because they're not American propaganda tools anymore, is just that: A steaming pile of ****.

So, why don't you take that ****ing jingoistic attitude of yours elsewhere, huh? Nobody cares about it and, in fact, the reason why so many foreigners hate America is because they think all Americans are like you: patriotic *******s who get pissy every time their country doesn't get put up on a pestal to be worshipped like a god (or who act like it's some crime against the American citizenry to have a few foreigners on a G.I. Joe team).

God, I can't wait to hear how pissed off you get if they make SHIELD a U.N. peacekeeping task force rather than a 100% American one. I can see the thread now......"SHIELD needs to be the ANTI-U.N."

I often see people hating on Ultimate Captain America but I get the impression they haven't actually read many comic books with him in them. He's definitely rougher around the edges then mainstream Cap and I don't approval of everything he does, but I think the character gets unfairly maligned.
I agree. I guess the overwhelming goodness of 616-Cap sets the standards so high that the Ultimate version just can't help but look bad in comparison.

Oh, I'm just bringing Nomad up because the character is undeniable proof it is easily possible for Steve Rogers, and any other character, to stand up for America ideals and fight for the country without wrapping themselves in the flag and putting "America" in their name.

What Steve Roger's believed in, and fought for, didn't magically change when he dropped the Captain America title and switched costumes, so all this **** you keep saying about how iconic characters are suddenly bad just because they're not American propaganda tools anymore, is just that: A steaming pile of ****.

So, why don't you take that ****ing jingoistic attitude of yours elsewhere, huh? Nobody cares about it and, in fact, the reason why so many foreigners hate America is because they think all Americans are like you: patriotic *******s who get pissy every time their country doesn't get put up on a pestal to be worshipped like a god (or who act like it's some crime against the American citizenry to have a few foreigners on a G.I. Joe team).

God, I can't wait to hear how pissed off you get if they make SHIELD a U.N. peacekeeping task force rather than a 100% American one. I can see the thread now......"SHIELD needs to be the ANTI-U.N."
And it's good that will never happen either.

This is Captain America. Not Captain Planet. That show ****ing sucked.

:applaud

And it's good that will never happen either.

This is Captain America. Not Captain Planet. That show ****ing sucked.

Careful, Vile, your BIAS is showing.

I've won this argument hands down if the best you can do to counter me is say how bad a multi-cultural show like Captain Planet is. That doesn't prove anything, except the fact that you're biased against any heroes that aren't American, and any movie/show/comic that's sole purpose isn't to glorify the American military and culture.

What's your next argument gonna be about? How we can't ever have Black Panther or Captain Britain on the AMERICAN Avengers team because they're not American? Or how their presence on the team would be just another scheme by liberal Hollywood to appease the America-hating foreign audience and increase revenue?

I liked Captain Planet. The dude had a green mullet. How can you not like green mullets?

well hopefully they get the character right in the movie, and all american traits and ideals or what not will be done gracefully so other countries wont be totally against it.

Careful, Vile, your BIAS is showing.

I've won this argument hands down if the best you can do to counter me is say how bad a multi-cultural show like Captain Planet is. That doesn't prove anything, except the fact that you're biased against any heroes that aren't American, and any movie/show/comic that's sole purpose isn't to glorify the American military and culture.

What's your next argument gonna be about? How we can't ever have Black Panther or Captain Britain on the AMERICAN Avengers team because they're not American? Or how their presence on the team would be just another scheme by liberal Hollywood to appease the America-hating foreign audience and increase revenue?

We aren't talking about Avengers. We are talking about Captain America. I'm not biased against non-American heroes at all. Don't come in here with that ******** unless you have any proof. Since this is true according to you I should hate Wolverine I suppose since he's Canadian. OOPS, go into Wolverine and The X-men forums sometimes you liar.

We aren't talking about Avengers. We are talking about Captain America. I'm not biased against non-American heroes at all. Don't come in here with that ******** unless you have any proof. Since this is true according to you I should hate Wolverine I suppose since he's Canadian. OOPS, go into Wolverine and The X-men forums sometimes you liar.

You like Wolverine? You're not biased towards American characters? Well, then when I go to the X-Men Origins: Wolverine forum, I better see a thread, STARTED BY YOU, bemoaning how terrible it was that Fox watered down Wolverine's nationality to the point that he's almost more American than Canadian. If you think it's wrong for people to water down and/or change the nationality of an American character, or depict them working under/for other nations; then you should also think it's wrong for people to water down and/or change the nationality of a Canadian character, and depict them working under/for other nations.

So, tell me, were you over in that forum complaining about Wolverine fighting for the American's in the Civil War, Vietnam, and maybe even WWII even though he fought for the Canadian military in the comics? Were you complaining that he joined what appeared to be an American special forces unit (team X/Weapon X) even though he joined what was a Canadian one in the comics?

Or maybe Wolverine's national identity doesn't get your constant attention because he was never billed as a Real Canadian Hero, or Captain Canada. He's just a hero that happens to be Canadian.

When overseas revenues makes up over 50% total gross for most blockbusters these days, how much should international sensibilities be considered for a film like this? With a hero who is very US centric unlike other superheroes who you could technically picture doing their thing in a number of countries.

Iron Man is very US centric and he did great at the BO...

i am sure marvel is looking into this and will find a way to keep the film at a balance of ww2 era america ideals and patriotic stuff. While keeping it neutral for how certain other countries are displayed and all that. I dont see them doing hey this is USA we are the best and better then you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"