First Avenger Is Captain America like Batman when it comes to killing?

I don't think Steve would have signed up for the army if he was unwilling to get his hands dirty.

It's a WW2 movie ppl. He better be armed with guns intending to shoot and kill. Maybe in the modern day they will refrain on Cap killing ordinary thugs or henchman.

Very, very true, on both counts.

And Timstuff, your sig also reminds me to ask a certain admin something.

He should be like Batman during the modern days. Maybe he's severely affected by 9/11 (I know lame, but something to that exact).

Cap'd go through a hell of PTSD after jumping on a missle. I can see that being a part of him giving up guns in modern day.

As long as it doesn't involve Bucky being gunned down before his eyes, then I'm good. I want Winter Soldier!

I don't like the idea of Captain America killing. I always thought of him as above that sort of thing.

He never decpitated anyone with that shield of his. That's more Wolverine or Punishers thing.

This is ridiculous, its ww2, things were brutal, cap would be dead if had no weapon.

I don't like the idea of Captain America killing. I always thought of him as above that sort of thing.

He never decpitated anyone with that shield of his. That's more Wolverine or Punishers thing.

I HIGHLY doubt they would make Cap do that in the film...

He has a gun, that doesn't instantly turn him into a psycho killing machine.

This is ridiculous, its ww2, things were brutal, cap would be dead if had no weapon.
His shield is his weapon not to mention he's a brilliant tactitician.

oh and it's a comic book, so a guy can take out armed men with a shield.

He has a gun, that doesn't instantly turn him into a psycho killing machine.
It means he kills.

Some heroes don't kill. Daredevil, Spider-man, Captain America...

It goes against their pure image.

Lol. Some people make it seem like Cap is gonna be as brutal as Hitler himself. All because of a sidearm in some concept art...

It means he kills.

Some heroes don't kill. Daredevil, Spider-man, Captain America...

It goes against their pure image.

Spider-Man doesn't kill?

Not directly, no, but there are tons of deaths that are essentially all his fault. He basically got Uncle Ben murdered, which is why he feels guilty as **** about it, and takes the last words he ever said to him as his lifelong motto.

Key words being 'comic book'.

This isn't a comic book.
It's a comic book movie so some of the same rules apply.

Nobody leaves the theater because Batman or Daredevil take out a room of armed thugs with billy cubs or batarangs. No one is going to do so for Captain America either.

Too bad Batman has barely used his batarangs in the past two films.

Hell, I don't remember him using them at all in TDK.

And Daredevil? Pure image?

Didn't he throw some dude in front of a train?

It's World War 2. He's fighting Nazis. It's kind of hard to hold on to a precious "no killing rule" when his fellow Allied soldiers are getting blown up left and right.

In the modern day he would probably refrain from randomly killing thugs and henchmen.

^

You can always count on a comedian to make the most sense. :up:

Captain America is a symbol for honor and justice.

Him killing people corrupts that symbol.

In real life Captain America wouldn't last long with or without a side arm. He's a moving target.

Dude, Cap killed a ton of people in the comics. AND he cut some mofo's head off with his shield. Granted the dude was a Vampire, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"