First Avenger Captain America release schedule

jaganar

☆FACEBOOK.COM/arkhamNYC☆
Reaction score
going through the TF board, i notice a lot of hate for IMDB and im wondering what is up with the hate for that site (then i remember its more gimmick filled (add ur credit card as proof) if you wanted to post something productive) .

that being said, i noticed something a few months ago concerning CAP that they had listed Argentina as the first place cap would be released . now i find this insulting because both [:cmad:CENSORED:cmad:] Argentina and malaysia gets cap before americans do . (both were july 21st , now Argentina is at the jul 28th )

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/releaseinfo

i mean Effing seriously , if this was the 40s to the 70s cap would def be opened here first ... but then i remember that hollywood in the PC AMERICA , hollywood has no sense of patriotism, so cap is now CAPTAIN MALAYSIA >_<. i really wish i could blame Quesada for this one , i swear to god:doh:

how in the :cmad:ing world does this make any sense , if this sounds like a rant , its not for all intensive purposes CAP is an AMERICAN ICON and by right he should have been released here first ,not in some motherfrakkin other country. and then released in other countries the next day.

1.) IMDB's contributors don't necessarily have their information up to date.
2.) When an official release schedule is available, it's usually more accurate than a general viewer-generated release schedule.
3.) Patriotism doesn't define release schedules.

:dry:

1.) IMDB's contributors don't necessarily have their information up to date.
2.) When an official release schedule is available, it's usually more accurate than a general viewer-generated release schedule.
3.) Patriotism doesn't define release schedules.

:dry:

blade my point was that we shoulda had it on our soil first. instead of another country ...

also the CRAPPY reason hollywood had to rename it to FIRST AVENGER in ukraine , south korea and Russia (to stifle anti-american sentiment :doh:)

fact : THESE GOVERNMENTS take monies from the US government every year ... just like those cowards in the paki government who claimed they didnt know where bin laden was.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Captain_America_Retitled_in_Some_Countries/7814064

we support these nations , what do u think theyd do if we pulled out our support ? EVEN GERMANY kept CAP intact , and the SS was the inspiration for Hydra yet we had to change his name in S.Korea :cmad::cmad: WTF .

blade my point was that we shoulda had it on our soil first. instead of another country ...

Your point is lost on me. That rant of yours named a couple of places and then appears to make a retraction on one of those, and I can't see any advance on the 22nd in the official schedule, so I'm left puzzled and wondering what you're complaining about. It half way looked like a complaint about disinformation on IMDB.

As which country it should be released in first, it's a comic book character, a property, and Paramount will be aiming to release it to maximise profits on a world market, not analyse it to determine its value to a particular nation and give precedence to that group of people.

also the CRAPPY reason hollywood had to rename it to FIRST AVENGER in ukraine , south korea and Russia (to stifle anti-american sentiment :doh:)

Blame Bush. Blame all the jingoistic dumbarses who ever uttered the "saved your arses" line and never had their heads smacked in for it. You can apply title re-write arguments to a huge number of movies out there and sometimes they just have to be adapted for the markets they are to be played in...
  • California Man - You guys called it Encino Man I think. I know what California is, but Encino?
  • xXx II: The Next Level - State of something. I'm not going to look it up.
  • Daredevil - Needed a title refit for some fundamentalist religious market or two.
The list goes on. Honestly, Paramount just want to see ticket sales, not limited returns on expenses.

fact : THESE GOVERNMENTS take monies from the US government every year ... just like those cowards in the paki government who claimed they didnt know where bin laden was.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Captain_America_Retitled_in_Some_Countries/7814064

"Paki" is a derogatory slang term for Pakistani in some places... :doh:

we support these nations , what do u think theyd do if we pulled out our support ? EVEN GERMANY kept CAP intact , and the SS was the inspiration for Hydra yet we had to change his name in S.Korea :cmad::cmad: WTF .
And modern Germany is culturally and politically scathing of that period in its own history.

Again, Paramount are just trying to market a product to make it sell. They may need to modify titles and tag lines in order to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"